Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: general_lee on August 26, 2022, 11:54:22 PM
https://armaghgaa.net/fixtures-and-results/

Need to scroll right down

Finding the fixture schedule is not very user friendly. Worse is the fact that a League table can't be found anywhere, the website used to be much better.

WT4E

Right ould spat goin on on twitter about Cross. Seems to coming from Aaron cunnigham. What's goin on?

5times5times

Quote from: WT4E on September 11, 2022, 11:16:29 AM
Right ould spat goin on on twitter about Cross. Seems to coming from Aaron cunnigham. What's goin on?

Crossmaglen committee informed Cross management, that Clarke should be barred from playing, while being on Newry City soccer books.

Disgraceful actions from the club.

WT4E

Quote from: 5times5times on September 11, 2022, 06:52:39 PM

Crossmaglen committee informed Cross management, that Clarke should be barred from playing, while being on Newry City soccer books.

I see Johnny murtagh denying it on twitter to cunningham

5times5times

Quote from: WT4E on September 11, 2022, 07:56:28 PM

Seen that, but Clarkes brother has just confirmed it on twitter. I think I'll take his brothers word over an ex Cross player.

downtown

What's the brothers account ??

Sone shambles in the senior draw. Had to redo it due to no ball in the pot for mullaghbawn

WT4E

Quote from: 5times5times on September 11, 2022, 08:04:29 PM
Quote from: WT4E on September 11, 2022, 07:56:28 PM

Seen that, but Clarkes brother has just confirmed it on twitter. I think I'll take his brothers word over an ex Cross player.

Unbelievable stuff.... something from the dark ages.

They probably just end up shooting him will they???

yellowcard

Cross looked good in that last 15/20 minutes but prior to that they had looked like a beaten team. They are good going forward but defensively very suspect. The turning of the game was the Silverbridge player getting very harshly sin binned after 40 minutes. Cross dominated after that and turned around a 5 point deficit and were deserving winners in the end. The Clarke situation is bizarre, the fact that they took him back into the fold only to deselect him a few days before the championship. What happens next will be interesting but it can't be great for team morale.

general_lee

Quote from: yellowcard on September 11, 2022, 09:10:57 PM
Cross looked good in that last 15/20 minutes but prior to that they had looked like a beaten team. They are good going forward but defensively very suspect. The turning of the game was the Silverbridge player getting very harshly sin binned after 40 minutes. Cross dominated after that and turned around a 5 point deficit and were deserving winners in the end. The Clarke situation is bizarre, the fact that they took him back into the fold only to deselect him a few days before the championship. What happens next will be interesting but it can't be great for team morale.
A lot of disharmony behind the scenes in Cross it would appear.
Cross, Killeavy and Mullaghbawn should ease into the semi finals... Ballymacnab and Maghery tie of the round.

5times5times

Will Cross's classic a**hole tactics affect Clarkes chances of playing with Armagh this year?

brokencrossbar1

Someone needs to chill it out. Half truths and innuendo.....

Jamie is back playing football but Jamie is not playing the football he was playing 3-4 years ago. He is training mostly with Newry, which is understandable as they are paying him, and not as much for Cross. The players training and being there all the time are getting playing.

As for Jamie playing for Armagh next year, that will be up to Geezer and whatever happens at Cross won't be the difference. If Jamie is good enough on form, and able to commit to the training, for either Cross or Armagh then he will play.

WT4E

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 12, 2022, 08:06:38 AM

Jamie is back playing football but Jamie is not playing the football he was playing 3-4 years ago. He is training mostly with Newry, which is understandable as they are paying him, and not as much for Cross. The players training and being there all the time are getting playing.

As for Jamie playing for Armagh next year, that will be up to Geezer and whatever happens at Cross won't be the difference. If Jamie is good enough on form, and able to commit to the training, for either Cross or Armagh then he will play.

This tweet is from a Crossmaglen member and former player:

QuoteRumour has it @crossrangers committee have banned Jamie Clarke for playing soccer. He won't tog out this weekend against Silverbridge live on
@TG4
. If this is true, what an absolute disgrace. In 2022....this is what is happening? #armaghgaa #tg4

Would see past it if it was coming from Silverbridge or other club. No smoke without fire!

Ethan Tremblay

Hardly a solid argument there tbh, brokencrossbar is a former player and club member (I'm assuming) and he is saying its half truths/innuendo, so by your reasoning they are both right?

For a fella that can take football or leave it, I doubt he would be hanging about the team if he was told or made aware he would not be playing at all. 
To double down on what brokencrossbar is saying also, he hasn't really played in a few years and he is into his 30's, so no doubt he is not as sharp as he once was, and cross have younger fella's coming through that are up to the task also, so its not like they are reliant on him as their sole scoring threat. 

In terms of going back to Armagh, I would say that ship has sailed.  Armagh have a young capable forward line, Clarke coming back would be no real benefit, bar training matches. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: WT4E on September 12, 2022, 09:19:48 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 12, 2022, 08:06:38 AM

This tweet is from a Crossmaglen member and former player:

QuoteRumour has it @crossrangers committee have banned Jamie Clarke for playing soccer. He won't tog out this weekend against Silverbridge live on
@TG4
. If this is true, what an absolute disgrace. In 2022....this is what is happening? #armaghgaa #tg4

Would see past it if it was coming from Silverbridge or other club. No smoke without fire!

And as a former player of greater longevity to that tweeter, who also has direct familial links to the current squad i would state it is half truth and innuendo

WT4E

OK take your word for it.

Cunningham must be a strange one.