Potential New Armagh Managers (with a bit of luck we'll need one)

Started by topgun, July 09, 2007, 06:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy the kid

peter rafferty! is there any truth in this just received an e-mail from a supplier in monaghan who says morrison and mcdonnell but no mention of rafferty with him.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

billy the kid

have to say lurgan blue your little picture (carlton from da fresh prince) is by far the best ive seen yet!!!
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Uladh

The interviews were early last week bu they can't make decision until gene duffy comes home from a trip to the states... even though he wasn't involved in the interviews!

no prizes for guessing who'll make the decision then

naka

Uladh

Grimley, rafferty, McDonnell and McConville i believe. those were the four nominated by the clubs

Uladh

naka

lurgan mail has an interview with joh rafferty in which he says he doesnt want the job which sounds strange if he was interviewed for same
straight fight between mc donnell and grimley

TheHeckler

Rafferty confirms he's not interested in Armagh job

John Rafferty, who spent the 2007 season as assistant manager to Joe Kernan, has told the 'Mail' that he is "not interested" in the vacant Armagh job.

Rafferty who was a committed defender for many years with Armagh would be remembered in particular for his head to head battle's with Down's James McCartan.  He brought Belfast side St Gall's to an All Ireland Club Final last season but the then Antrim champions lost narrowly to Salthill.

John said "To be honest, with a young family to attend to and an increasing workload at school (Abbey CBS Newry) I would find it very difficult to give any form of commitment to the Armagh set up.  I was more than glad to have been involved with Joe (Kernan) this year.  Things didn't go exactly how we planned but I would suggest that a new manager would still have a lot of good players around to select from".

"Despite some speculation I was never going to run for the Armagh job.  I don't know whether or not I would pop up with a club somewhere down the line but all of that would be decisions for after Christmas".

With John Rafferty and former Under 21 boss Peter Rafferty both ruled out it now looks likely that either Paul Grimley or current under 21 manager Peter McDonnell would be installed as Armagh boss.

Grimley it is believed is popular with the more experienced members of the squad, while McDonnell would carry more weight for the under 21s who are attempting to make a breakthrough.

The week the 'Mail' spoke to Armagh Board chairman Kevein Brady who said "The nominations are now in place and an announcement will be made in the coming weeks.  That's all I can say on the subject at the moment".

Eugene Creaney, 'Lurgan Mail', 16 August 2007

tyrone realist

orangeman

The Iceman

Quote from: orangeman on August 17, 2007, 05:08:24 PM
What's Grimley's position with Cavan ?

on loan from Armagh

hope he comes back and takes the reins with Geezer by his side helping out with the lads
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

stew

Grimley is a no nonsense coach who has the respect of the squad and he had many's a battle with big Joe over selection and is his own man and I believe is the right man to take over from Joe.

Paul is a proven winner at the highest level and will add different tactical dimesnsions that have been missing in recent years and if he had the clout that the top managerial position offers I have no doubt he will bring us back to the top.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.