Potential New Armagh Managers (with a bit of luck we'll need one)

Started by topgun, July 09, 2007, 06:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

I heard a rumour that Grimley and Kernan fell out over Grimley going behind Kernan's back and getting some players to, shall we say, employ tactics that Kernan did not approve off.
I heard that shortly after the whole incident from someone who would be close to one of the players and who I'd have no reason to doubt but I've never heard anyone else mention it. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

thebandit

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 10, 2007, 01:58:39 PM
I heard a rumour that Grimley and Kernan fell out over Grimley going behind Kernan's back and getting some players to, shall we say, employ tactics that Kernan did not approve off.
I heard that shortly after the whole incident from someone who would be close to one of the players and who I'd have no reason to doubt but I've never heard anyone else mention it. 

I think that might not be far away, the argument centred around the half forwards I believe.

naka

i think the fact that there was a "gentleman`s agreement" for Joe to step down and let Paul take the reigns which was reneged on by Joe mightnt be too far off.

Maximus Marillius

Grimley will fail with Armagh...not because he is not good enough...that we do not know yet, its is easy to be a great man with the players when your not the one who tells them they are off the team, or you dropped off the panel or has to bone players because they are not doing it...Grimley will not be successful in Armagh because they are on the slide and if he takes it he will get the blame.

Armamike

quote]Grimley will not be successful in Armagh because they are on the slide and if he takes it he will get the blame.[/quote]

Well, that shouldn't be the case. Informed supporters will know when someone's getting the best out of the personnel available to them at any given time.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Forgot me Boots

Paddy Heaney!

would make yous more hated than the Dubs and the Tyronies  :D

The Real Laoislad

Micko?

or

Hopefully Pillar Caffery will be looking for a job after sunday ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

thebandit

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 10, 2007, 07:50:23 PM
Micko?

or

Hopefully Pillar Caffery will be looking for a job after sunday ;)

All the Oil Money around the border couldn't afford Micko!

orangeman

TacadoirArdMhacha

If we need a new manager, and I'm not sure we do, then of the options available within the county, I think, if possible, Grimley and McGeeney sounds like the best one. Would prefer those to John Rafferty I think. I know Rafferty's had a decent bit of success but I just don't think he'd it with Armagh. I suppose its possible that witha  County Championship as Manager under his belt, Justin McNulty might be in the frame, at least as a selector.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

orangeman

What about the other Rafferty ? John Rafferty the Grange former under 21 manager ?

GPA not OK

Peter Rafferty that is.

Would be a good option. But I'm of the opinion that Joe might not go.

I'm sure his profile as Armagh manager helps his business and I'd say that he wants to see through the development of his sons on the county team, including Paul Kernan and continue the rebuilding process, which he has managed reasonably well to date.

BTW, I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned Donal Murtagh.

I don't think he would have anywhere near the same ability as Joe to handle the media, as evidenced by his comments after the All-Ireland Club final, but given the fact that he dropped SK, you can be damn sure he's his own man.

illdecide

To be honest lads i'm grateful for what JK has done but i think he should go, when you look back (with the exception of one or two players) he won Sam with Brian McAlinden's team. I think JK is brilliant at motivating players and getting the best out of them but for tactic's and the roles these playes have to play (not a half forward line that are 3 defenders) i think he lacks in that department. and if he seriously thinks his son Stephen should lead the line in our attack he is clearly biased or listening to his wife. Fair play to D Murtagh for droping him for that game as that took some balls and i'm sure Papa was not pleased
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Spiritof98

Quote from: illdecide on July 16, 2007, 01:19:39 PM
To be honest lads i'm grateful for what JK has done but i think he should go, when you look back (with the exception of one or two players) he won Sam with Brian McAlinden's team. I think JK is brilliant at motivating players and getting the best out of them but for tactic's and the roles these playes have to play (not a half forward line that are 3 defenders) i think he lacks in that department. and if he seriously thinks his son Stephen should lead the line in our attack he is clearly biased or listening to his wife. Fair play to D Murtagh for droping him for that game as that took some balls and i'm sure Papa was not pleased
[/b]

Rumour has it Big Jabba went to see Donal about it and was politely told were to go!
I'll go back if Marsdens back