Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

Quote from: Itchy on December 14, 2022, 06:36:46 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on December 14, 2022, 12:36:40 PM
Is watching movies in school still a thing at the end of term?

In my kids school you can watch movies in class on a Friday as the teacher has a "fun Friday" break so no need to wait until end of term

It's called Golden Time and it's very important for the pupils mental health.

Kidder81

Quote from: Jim Bob on December 14, 2022, 07:58:12 PM

In my kids school you can watch movies in class on a Friday as the teacher has a "fun Friday" break so no need to wait until end of term

"mental health" ffs, the most over used phrase out there

Itchy

So thoughtful of the teacher, I feel so bad as I thought she was just a lazy git who didn't want to work on Fridays.

JimStynes

Quote from: Itchy on December 14, 2022, 08:34:02 PM

So thoughtful of the teacher, I feel so bad as I thought she was just a lazy git who didn't want to work on Fridays.

We have golden time every Friday at 2.30-3.00. The children love it and so do I. I'm unstoppable in the weekly football match!

Jim Bob

Whoever came up with the Golden Time idea in some education meeting somewhere needs a statue erected in his /her honour. A legend amongst teachers !

FermGael

Quote from: laoislad on December 14, 2022, 07:55:21 PM
Quote from: FermGael on December 14, 2022, 06:54:05 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on December 14, 2022, 10:45:16 AM
Home Alone 1 or 2?

Add 3 for the all day marathon
The only Marathon teachers would know anything about the lazy fucks.

Never quite the same when they changed the name to Snickers
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

theticklemister

We haven't been outside because of the ice and snow at all this week, neither for break or lunch. Therefore, we can start our breaks and lunches as early as we want. Great times.

But in all truth, kids being kept inside all day is a nightmare!

Itchy

Quote from: JimStynes on December 14, 2022, 09:04:44 PM

We have golden time every Friday at 2.30-3.00. The children love it and so do I. I'm unstoppable in the weekly football match!

I think your school clearly doesn't think as much about the kids as mine. For example fun Friday with the teacher I'm talking about lasts from 9-30 to 4pm - so that's really caring. Another caring teacher give the results to exam questions to all her pupils (including mocks) so that pupil stress levels stay low. Is there a national teacher of the year award that they could be nominated for?

ONeill

Depending on how bad the weekend was, fun Mondays are handy.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Turf

Quote from: Itchy on December 15, 2022, 07:22:35 AM

I think your school clearly doesn't think as much about the kids as mine. For example fun Friday with the teacher I'm talking about lasts from 9-30 to 4pm - so that's really caring. Another caring teacher give the results to exam questions to all her pupils (including mocks) so that pupil stress levels stay low. Is there a national teacher of the year award that they could be nominated for?
There was a time that if you didn't do your school work you'd get a book thrown at your head, now the teachers are wrapping the kids in cotton wool, not preparing them for real life once they leave school.
Is it any wonder anyone under the age of 30 now is a over sensitive woke snowflake, afraid of a hard days work and think everything should be handed to them rather than work hard to get it.
I think everyone should do 12 months in the military after their leaving cert, that would sort them out.

trailer

Quote from: Turf on December 15, 2022, 07:59:16 AM

There was a time that if you didn't do your school work you'd get a book thrown at your head, now the teachers are wrapping the kids in cotton wool, not preparing them for real life once they leave school.
Is it any wonder anyone under the age of 30 now is a over sensitive woke snowflake, afraid of a hard days work and think everything should be handed to them rather than work hard to get it.
I think everyone should do 12 months in the military after their leaving cert, that would sort them out.

They absolutely are preparing them for the real world. Long gone are the days when you could comment on a ladies breasts or give her a friendly slap on the arse.  Likewise making fun of someone because of their physical appearance will land you in a meeting with HR. This is the new world.

Itchy

Quote from: trailer on December 15, 2022, 08:44:52 AM

They absolutely are preparing them for the real world. Long gone are the days when you could comment on a ladies breasts or give her a friendly slap on the arse.  Likewise making fun of someone because of their physical appearance will land you in a meeting with HR. This is the new world.

Teachers being landed into HR - are you having a laugh. More chance of them landing in an alien planet.

quit yo jibbajabba

Well this threads took a turn

Armagh18

Countries couped!

imtommygunn

On a related note to teachers I see your man Enoch isn't getting out. The man is bonkers.