Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

When I was at primary school, one of the teachers wanted to pull me by my ear. I had my hearing-aid, so she chickened out.
Testing Accessibility

fred the red

i once seen a teacher drink a quarter bottle of whiskey at half 9 in the morn. you wouldnt get that these days.

Puckoon

Quote from: fred the red on June 20, 2008, 10:08:39 PM
i once seen a teacher drink a quarter bottle of whiskey at half 9 in the morn. you wouldnt get that these days.

Vodka - ours was lashing the vodka in to her. I spent the most of P7 taking the roll and ordering the dinners. Poor woman.

fred the red

Quote from: Puckoon on June 20, 2008, 10:09:32 PM
Quote from: fred the red on June 20, 2008, 10:08:39 PM

Vodka - ours was lashing the vodka in to her. I spent the most of P7 taking the roll and ordering the dinners. Poor woman.

Yea mine was a woman too, must have been a mid life crisis.

Puckoon

No Sir,
you did however cut me very deep one day. I had moved on from that - until you asked.
Ill probably be at the therapist most of next week now ;)

Actually in fairness, I only got wacked once at the brothers. Fella looked like Gerry Adams. Smacked me right across the face, outside the old VPs office.

Must have hit him with a snowball or something.

ONeill

Should be more of that.

Although eating a whole keyboard might be cruel.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Yes I Would

Old headmaster used to lift the boys by the locks till their feet were 6 inches off the ground. Funny as f**k!! Jeez there some tears spilled in primary school, but sure it done us no harm!!

Dubh driocht

Re working at home.I have worked in public and private sectors.I have never seen anyone work as hard as my partner, more hours outside work than in, so the summer hols are well earned.When in work-no problem.However, marking coursework, night after night plus weekend, takes up 40 hours per week. For £20K.
Nothing handy about that.

the green man

We had a particularly cruel man. He's from Swatragh, so that says it all. He would grab your arm and twist it behind your back, and jab you in the opensided ribs with a wooden ruler.

ONeill

Quote from: Dubh driocht on June 21, 2008, 12:25:03 AM
Re working at home.I have worked in public and private sectors.I have never seen anyone work as hard as my partner, more hours outside work than in, so the summer hols are well earned.When in work-no problem.However, marking coursework, night after night plus weekend, takes up 40 hours per week. For £20K.
Nothing handy about that.

She'dneed to catch herself on. Probably a slippery pole climber.

Dubh driocht

Anything but.No interest in promotion, never gone for it, never will.In times past,might have been called commitment.

ONeill

Tyrones own

Is there nothing else they could be at over the summer like
paint the school, polish the gym floor, scrubbing shitters and the like.
Ah but sure them wee soft girly hands would blister up at the mere sight of a days work.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Farrandeelin

The heading of this thread is why I decided to become a teacher (hopefully I will get a job...) Anyway, there are a fair few teachers from the North on here, and I was just wondering are there the equivalents of WSE's in schools in Northern Ireland? If so, what kind of assessment is required?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

john mcgill

WSE = Whole School Evaluation report?  We have ETI (Education and Training Inspectorate) reports in the North.  They come in  a number of guises.  They can last from three to five days.  The Inspectorate here are pretty mild compared to Ofsted in England.  However with the Every School A Good School paper, if its passed the Inspectors will get more teeth.  Already they are grading schools on a 1 to 6 scale.  Anything below 4 and serious pressure results.
Schools in the North currently have 73 different initiatives to implement.  They have become the spine of society as some other groups and individuals decline to exercise responsibility.