Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

I admire them. You couldn't pay me any sum that would make trying to teach those little pricks worthwhile. Of course they should obviously be held accountable for job performance like anyone else though.

ONeill

Quote from: heineken_on_tap on June 20, 2008, 10:48:36 AM
However what I always found wrong is that teachers are not assessed

Really? How can I find this school?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

lynchbhoy

ahhh teaching.
the profession (refuge) for the terminally lazy and socially inadequate!
;)

ONeill

Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 20, 2008, 02:27:23 PM
ahhh teaching.
;)

Yes, I think you're testament to that as a specimen result.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: ONeill on June 20, 2008, 03:12:15 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 20, 2008, 02:27:23 PM
ahhh teaching.
;)

Yes, I think you're testament to that as a specimen result.
naw, I'm too fond of working hard when necessary and making lots of money !
;)

BennyHarp

If the people moaning on here about teachers think its so easy - there nobody stopping you packing in your jobs and taking it up!  I worked in "difficult" school in England for a few years and believe me the teachers there need the holidays they get!
That was never a square ball!!

ONeill

Money very important to you I've gathered over the years.

ONeill

Honestly, the fear of even grabbing some whippersnapper by the arm is crippling due to the possible consequences. I was told that even pointing a pen at a pupil can constitute abuse and can be taken up. This is only going to get worse. We'll soon have lawyers in at the start of the year telling us what's permissible and what not.

gerry

bit of a wine up tread this i guess
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: EC Unique on June 20, 2008, 11:30:50 AM
Did you ever hear them on about the stress? Moaning about a job that they work less daily hours than most other professions, get much more holidays than most other proffessions and get over paid at that. Then take a wee while off because of stress ;) It is a joke. Some say 'but they educate our children'. Do they really?  I would suggest that education standards have went down hill steady this last 20 years and continue to do so :-\ :-\

I would suggest that anyone who uses the phrase " education standards have went downhil" is 100% correct. 

ONeill

ONeill

More of wemen flasing flesh instead. Never done telling mothers I'm not prepared to do anything to get young Conor an A.

saffron sam2

Quote from: hardstation on June 20, 2008, 09:30:49 PM
I take it that's a no on the boot up the hole thing then. SS2's and TYP's silence is deafening though.

On to parents.
Have you ever had a parent crack up at you at a PT meeting?

I tried the satire once with you and it went way over your head, so no, a boot up the hole is extremely inappropriate.

Quote from: ONeill on June 20, 2008, 09:33:16 PM
More of wemen flasing flesh instead. Never done telling mothers I'm not prepared to do anything to get young Conor an A.

In fairness young Conor never had a chance of getting an A. Sure didn't they have to keep moving him round didfferent schools.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ONeill

TYP, what does the future hold for the profession - in your view? (serious question)

Puckoon

Quote from: ONeill on June 20, 2008, 08:40:44 PM
Honestly, the fear of even grabbing some whippersnapper by the arm is crippling due to the possible consequences. I was told that even pointing a pen at a pupil can constitute abuse and can be taken up. This is only going to get worse. We'll soon have lawyers in at the start of the year telling us what's permissible and what not.

Where were these rules when I was at school?

just a few of what I had to dodge!

The black plimsoles hurt the worst, and they were my own.