Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wherefromreferee?

Went down to a friends house last night to watch the Euro game.  Himself and his missus are both teachers.  She finishes work this Wednesday, and he is finshed on Friday.  Seriously, what a life?  The entire summer off. Jammy hoors
In your Endo!

screenexile

If only it were that simple!!!

Seany

Aren't you sick of all those high paid teachers?

Their hefty salaries are driving up taxes, and they only work nine or ten months a year!
It's time we put things in perspective and pay them for what they do...baby-sit!

We can get that for less than minimum wage. That's right. I would give them £3.00 an hour and only the hours they worked, not any of that silly planning time. That would be a day (7:45 AM to 4:00 PM with 45 min. off for lunch).

Each parent should pay £19.50 a day for these teachers to baby-sit their children. Now, how many do they teach in a day... maybe 30? So that's 19.50 X 30 = £585.00 a day.

However, remember they only work 180 days a year!
I am not going to pay them for any vacations.
Let's see . . that's £585 x 180 = £105,300 per year.
(Hold on! .. My calculator must need batteries!)

What about those special teachers and the ones with Master's degrees?
Well, we could pay them minimum wage just to be fair, £5.52 an hour.
That would be £5.52 times 6.5 hours times 30 children times 180 days = £193,752.00 per year.
Wait a minute, there is something wrong here! .....There sure is, duh!

(Average teacher salary £21,000/180 days = £116.66 per day/30 students = £3.88/ 6.5 hours = £0.59 per hour per student.)

Very inexpensive babysitter, and they even educate your kids!
Crazy, eh!

ONeill

30 children a day? Try 100-odd. Although I would query that average teacher's salary.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

wherefromreferee?

Jeez Seany, relax man, its Friday  ;)

I was only envious at the holidays they get.  Over 2 months in the summer, not to mention Easter, Christmas, Halloween, Paddys Day, Bank Holidays and so on.
In your Endo!

bingobus

Always wish at this time of year that I was a teacher but it some wears off after a training session with the Under 12's  ;D

Its a real perfect career for a GAA player or golf fanatic.

But bless some of them who have to take a career break for a year, travel the world and then walk back into their job!!

FermGael

If only they would keep the schools open over the Christmas, Easter, Half Term and July/ August.
We would only be to happy to stay and teach but these decisions are taken out of our hands.

Quote from: bingobus on June 20, 2008, 09:32:46 AM

But bless some of them who have to take a career break for a year, travel the world and then walk back into their job!!

That's a disgrace.  Cannot believe anybody would get away with that  ;)
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

heineken_on_tap

I never really minded the holidays that teachers get. However what I always found wrong is that teachers are not assessed - a person who isn't able to teach/control a class can hold on to their job for years without a word been said to them.

Bensars

I dont mind the holidays they get. They dont get paid that much anyway.

What bugs me, are those teachers that bleat on about how hard worked they are. The work they have to do at home etc. etc.

EC Unique

Did you ever hear them on about the stress? Moaning about a job that they work less daily hours than most other professions, get much more holidays than most other proffessions and get over paid at that. Then take a wee while off because of stress ;) It is a joke. Some say 'but they educate our children'. Do they really?  I would suggest that education standards have went down hill steady this last 20 years and continue to do so :-\ :-\

thebandit

A young teacher I know was just starting out at the local school this year, they volunteered to do extra-curriculur stuff and added up that they were working 31 hours per week...... and their older colleagues were laughing at them for working so many hours  :D

Orior

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM
Went down to a friends house last night to watch the Euro game.  Himself and his missus are both teachers.  She finishes work this Wednesday, and he is finshed on Friday.  Seriously, what a life?  The entire summer off. Jammy hoors

Its the same in every industry. Some teachers are lazy shites, others care about their vocation. I think most of them deserve the long lay-off.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Louth Exile

Quote from: bingobus on June 20, 2008, 09:32:46 AM
Its a real perfect career for a GAA player

You want to carefull with comments like that, it can be dangerous on here making reference to the fact that a GAA player is also a teacher
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Hound

My young lad's teacher for next year is an alcoholic and gambler. All kinds of stories out there about him, mainly revolving around being in the bookies when supposed to teaching. Of course a lot of these could be made up or exaggerated, but seemingly the school can't fire him and I would not be at all surprised to see some of the more militant mothers trying to organise protests!

loughshore lad

What way do the teachers salaries work, if they have higher degree qualifications like first and masters do they get better paid than their counterparts who have a 2:1, 2:2 etc?