The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Wasn't my best betting festival but broke even yesterday and still own my house!

Blackmore is a brilliant jockey

McManus had as you say a poor festival, but he's had plenty better ones so he'll not lose too much sleep.

That's my horse betting done till Grand National
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Any tips on a decent each way bet for the grand national coming up shortly?

Went with Delta Work who finished 3rd.  Noble Yeats 50/1 the winner.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 09, 2022, 04:37:52 PM
Any tips on a decent each way bet for the grand national coming up shortly?

Went with Delta Work who finished 3rd.  Noble Yeats 50/1 the winner.

Few of us out watching the rugby, one of the guys is a dentist, he picked the winner 10ner each way because the jockey was a dentist? Needless to say the food and drinks where on him 😂
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

Put £2 each way in the Yeats one simply because of the name and got myself £81 back. How so wish I'd stuck a tenner on too.

Dire Ear

Had £6 ew on it, only bet I put on 👍👍👍

dec

There is a horse running in the Kentucky Derby called Mo Donegal racing in green and yellow

maddog

Check out the form on a horse called Golden Millie just won at FFos Las at 125/1 on its 2nd run. I know it's the time of year for the old stable christmas gambles but how can they stand in front of the stewards with a straight face.  ;D ;D

Hound

Quote from: maddog on November 25, 2022, 04:39:06 PM
Check out the form on a horse called Golden Millie just won at FFos Las at 125/1 on its 2nd run. I know it's the time of year for the old stable christmas gambles but how can they stand in front of the stewards with a straight face.  ;D ;D
Can't have been much money on it to stay at 125/1 SP.

Look-Up!

Very decent looking filly. Very green first run and ruined her debut with the pig rooting at the start which is why she started at such crazy odds. I'm sure plenty in the yard had a wee nibble at those odds.

trailer

Quote from: Hound on November 26, 2022, 02:20:51 PM
Quote from: maddog on November 25, 2022, 04:39:06 PM
Can't have been much money on it to stay at 125/1 SP.

a £100 on that horse would have moved it a lot.

maddog

If the money was off track or online would the on track guys have time to react?

Look-Up!

I'd be surprised if they weren't linked. Very hard to say how much of a punt would move the odds. Depends on the size of the betting pool. If most of the money is elsewhere then a few little nibbles wouldn't have much effect.
Was at the track recently with a mate. Had a 10 ew on a horse (knew owner) at 100/1. Mate went down 5 minutes later for 10 ew, got it at 150/1. Think it went out to 200 but eventual SP was 150.
I'd be surprised if someone in the yard hadn't a flutter at those odds. Great looking filly and odds were way off. Of course there was no wad put on her but you wouldn't need to at those odds to have a very nice return.

WT4E

Want to get a present for someone. Tickets to punchestown in April. What is the best day of the festival?

bannside

drillsergeant

Quote from: WT4E on December 23, 2022, 10:08:43 PM
Want to get a present for someone. Tickets to punchestown in April. What is the best day of the festival?

The Punchestown Gold Cup day or Champion Hurdle usually good days and also you have chance to see some top class horses if they stay fit and well which will feature in those races.