The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

I can't find the old thread, maybe it got lost along with drici in the great migration to the new board.

Anyway, has anyone got any nags laid out for christmas, or anything shaping up nicely for cheltenham. Its always nice to boost the beer fund at the expense of some local shark. ::)

never kickt a ball

Maddog these are seasonal tips and nothing else.

Christmas Truce in 3.00 at Linfield must be a seasonal tip at this time of year and
for the hurling fans
Kylkenny in the 2.30 at Lingfield. This horse is an outsider.
Finally I would NOT throw the Kitchen Sink at this horse in the 3.35 at Lingfield.

bennydorano

Quote from: never kickt a ball on December 20, 2006, 01:17:08 AM
Maddog these are seasonal tips and nothing else.

Christmas Truce in 3.00 at Linfield must be a seasonal tip at this time of year and
for the hurling fans

I've followed this nag for a while(after seeing his jockey pull the head of it and get it beaten on purpose), I did of course not back it when it skated in at 50/1? a while later :-[.  It ran on saturday(badly), but I think it is a coup waiting to happen and today could be the day.

Hardy

Quote from: never kickt a ball on December 20, 2006, 01:17:08 AM
Christmas Truce in 3.00 at Linfield
The pitch'll be in some state after 6 races in this weather.

Spiritof98

Christmas Truce

Currently trading at 8/1

Might try it,
I'll go back if Marsdens back

never kickt a ball

Go easy spirit. Remember benny's advice. It usually wins at a big price. Have a tenner on myself.

BenDover

with Boxing day fast approaching can someone please explain to me how a Lucky 15 works might just save myself a fortune if I can figure out how to work 1 instead of sticking money on evry race

full back

Lucky 15
4 horses
15 bets -4 singles, 6 doubles, 4 trebles & a 4 timer
Bookies normally pay twice or treble the odd is you have only one winner
I think

AZOffaly

In a lucky 15 you basically are making 15 bets. a €1 lucky 15 will cost you €15.

You pick 4 horses, and your bets are as follows.

4 Singles  @ €1

6 Doubles @ €1

4 Trebles @ €1

1 Accumulator @ €1

If they all come up, even at short prices you would be quids in. If you only get one winner, the odds are normally between twice and 3 times the actual odds for that horse depending on the bookie. PP pays 3 times.

E.g. I have a €1 lucky 15. My first three horses lose. My last fella wins at 10/1. Paddy Power will actually pay me 30/1 on that bet, which would be a €31 return.

AZOffaly

Any odds on that Christmas Truce??

BenDover, I usually do €3 Lucky Fifteens. It feels like a good bet for less than 50 quid. All the more so if you have a good tip included.

Guillem2

Christmas Truce - 8/1 At McGranaghan's
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Spiritof98

Generally 7s but 8/1 with bet365

Got ther before me Guillem

AZOffaly

Grand job. Only have a PP account online, so I took him at 7s there.

Spiritof98

Pipped at the post, long timer leader