Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maldini

Quote from: gallsman on May 14, 2024, 10:59:25 PMI presume one of them is Chelsea, so almost certainly no.

And United also got done for FFP, so that's another no

lurganblue

Absolutely delighted to have secured 4th place and CL football. From sitting near relegation when Emery took over last season to this moment is such a huge achievement. 5 years since the owners took charge of the club in the championship.

gawa316

Quote from: lurganblue on May 14, 2024, 11:16:53 PMAbsolutely delighted to have secured 4th place and CL football. From sitting near relegation when Emery took over last season to this moment is such a huge achievement. 5 years since the owners took charge of the club in the championship.

Are yis pretty close to FFP or whatever you call it now? Who goes so you can bring in players? Watkins, Luis?

screenexile

I don't care if City win it's not that big a deal and I won't have to listen too much.

The way Arsenal fans I know have been slabbering all year I'm more than happy for them to come up short.

Puckoon

Quote from: screenexile on Today at 12:05:06 AMI don't care if City win it's not that big a deal and I won't have to listen too much.

The way Arsenal fans I know have been slabbering all year I'm more than happy for them to come up short.

Fuggawayaff :-\

lurganblue

Quote from: gawa316 on Today at 12:01:15 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on May 14, 2024, 11:16:53 PMAbsolutely delighted to have secured 4th place and CL football. From sitting near relegation when Emery took over last season to this moment is such a huge achievement. 5 years since the owners took charge of the club in the championship.

Are yis pretty close to FFP or whatever you call it now? Who goes so you can bring in players? Watkins, Luis?

It's hard to know, but it's probable. The accounts didn't look good again this year and I would say the 100m pure profit on Grealish has kept them right. I suspect there might be one big sale this summer to finance some incomings, possibly Luiz but I hope not.

European money, new sponsor and new kit deal with Adidas will also help.

johnnycool

Quote from: lurganblue on Today at 07:40:40 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on Today at 12:01:15 AM

It's hard to know, but it's probable. The accounts didn't look good again this year and I would say the 100m pure profit on Grealish has kept them right. I suspect there might be one big sale this summer to finance some incomings, possibly Luiz but I hope not.

European money, new sponsor and new kit deal with Adidas will also help.

The rules are changing this summer I believe as much as forest were punished it was obvious that their new owner could wipe that debt out in one go if he could, but currently FFP prevents him from doing so ALLEGEDLY.

Everton are leveraged to the balls and the chat is that they may go into administration in the next week as that'll mean the 10 point deduction will be taken from this season and not next.

The likes of Chelsea and Utd are also leveraged to the balls in debt, but currently that's OK, whereas Newcastle have no debt and money to burn but can't spend it, and ultimately this is taking money out of the game.

At a certain level that doesn't make sense.

Dougal Maguire

Thought the Spurs fans were pathetically funny last night. Cheering on a Man City victory to stop Arsenal winning the league even though it also meant that they would fail to qualify for the CL. If ever there was a more suitable time for the phrase turkey's voting for Christmas
Careful now

lurganblue

It was ridiculous wasnt it.  I see big Ange is ragin. He got his eyes opened.

jcpen

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on Today at 11:55:55 AMThought the Spurs fans were pathetically funny last night. Cheering on a Man City victory to stop Arsenal winning the league even though it also meant that they would fail to qualify for the CL. If ever there was a more suitable time for the phrase turkey's voting for Christmas
Remember Man United fans being the same a few times when playing Man City and wanting to lose so it would mean Liverpool wouldn't win the league.
Tomorrow is promised to no one.

Milltown Row2

Players have a duty to their club and employers, they get paid to be professional and last night Spurs were very unlucky, had Son scored that one on one, I'd say the game could have been a draw.

Teams lose the league over the season, Arsenal and other teams that have been pipped at the post lost their battle throughout the year, not end of season games

Fans are fans though and they will take the positives from defeats. Any club that has any rivalry fall into that.

I suppose the neutrals loved this season with the last day finishes coming up ;D 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea