Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpower

agree that it is crucial to win on sunday, who will he rest.  i would have thought rooney and ronaldo would be in line for a rest, given they have played so much football lately but at the same time both are crucial to utd for wednesday night.

shocking miss
What happens next????

full back

Rooney had a few misses last week, none as bad as Ronaldo's mind you-but hopefully Ronaldo saving them for Chelski

hows she cutting

has to go with the same team against Celtic tomorrow night, should be a great game.

Gravesson and Salt & Vinegar are now fit and playing well, i reckon it will be a draw

BenDover

I think for the game against Celtic Saha, Evra and possibly Giggs or Ronaldo could be restedwith the replacements being Heinze for Evra and Fletcher (I know) in for Giggs or Ronaldo as for replacing Saha thats anyones guess with little other options on the bench. Seen the line up and the subs for Saturday and there wasn't 1 striker on the bench.
Torres signs for Utd in January[/color]I wish  ;)

resdubwhite

I know Fletcher is a shockingly average player, but I thought especially in the liverpool game he was fantastic in breaking up their play. Might be the sort of player to play against Celtic.
Whats the most important game, my guess is that its Sunday. Apoint tomorrow is a good result.

maxpower

absolutely agree, 1 that fletcher had a good game against liverpool and 2 that a draw tomorrow would be a great result.  whatever about finishing top, qualifying is the essential thing

the chelsea game is huge, the hype around utd's title challenge is starting to build, the right result on sunday is bound to have a huge effect on chelsea, similar to arsenal when they went 49 unbeaten and just crumbled after losing at OT
What happens next????

magpie seanie

Knowing Ferguson's ways from previous years I would expect he would rest a few players for tomorrow but I've a sneaking suspicion he may play a strong outfit. I cannot see Rooney, Ronaldo or Giggs being left out. Scholes could be left out for O'Shea or Fletcher and there is a possibility of Heinze playing for Evra but that would prob be it. United do not want to lose this game.

Agree that winning at the weekend would shift the balance of power in the title race. Despite being the guts of 4 points ahead I would still have Chelsea favourites, as have the bookies.

I see the speculation is in full swing about the legion of players United are about to buy in January. If qualification for the CL knockout stages in clinched, I'd expect abut 10 million to be available so possibly Hargreaves with Smith going the other way.

hows she cutting

Bent was linked at the weekend

what does anyone think of him?

in my humble opinion he shouldn't be let near the squad
but who should fergie be signing, can't see torres moving to OT

resdubwhite

There was a statement made by one of the glazer boys that thirty million fresh funds were available last summer.
Carrick's inital fee of fourteen took care of a lot of that, but 10 for VN and th 12 made on Jon Obi (enjoying his time at Chelsea) means that there should be at least over 20 million available. One midfielder and another striker would be the call I presume. its a very lightweight squad, and injuries will not help.

However, I do feel that United are quiet brittle and one big bad result, may throw the train off the tracks.

magpie seanie

Resdubwhite - the money is not and was not there. I stated this in August and was told I was talking rubbish - of course I was right. If one of the gimp family did state that then its just another lie to add to the many told to date. I wouldn't believe anything they'd say. Also, don't forget, when calculating your figures that Evra and Vidic were bought in January and also in January, the final installment on Rooney (10 million) was due. So to balance the books RVN had to go along with a good slashing of the wage bill with all the lads out on loan. The Obi-Mikel money allowed Carrick to be bought.

The Glazers owe over £600 million and the interest on that is tasty. Re-paying the loans are the priority. Have you ever seen a time where United made a surplus on summer transfer deals? Have you seen a United squad so threadbare in the last 15 years? These are not coincidences yet most supporters ignore the facts and go along with the tabloid driven soap opera.

full back

Bent is nowhere near good enough. He may get a few for Charlton, but by taking him we would not be strengthening the squad-would be a bit like David Bellion

BenDover

What a waster he was! I see he is now plying his trade (if you can call it that) at Nice. Good riddance any chance they would buy Richardson  ::)

hows she cutting

would rather Richardson went somewhere like that outfit that Terry Butcher is managing in Aus. Can't get much further away from us than that

J70

In fairness to Bellion, I don't think United paid very much for him.