Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turf

New season VAR still messing up decisions.

Hound

Never saw Danny Wellbeck play that well before.

keep her low this half

Haaland is a bit useful, to puty it mildly

From the Bunker

Captain Obvious

Quote from: keep her low this half on August 07, 2022, 06:01:37 PM
Hasn't taken him long to settle and to the surprise of nobody.

Gael80

Quote from: keep her low this half on August 07, 2022, 06:01:37 PM

Indeed and Kalvin Phillips off the bench after 88 minutes. It's been a super human effort by Klopp and Liverpool to keep the title race somewhat interesting, but difficult to see them being able to sustain it this season against the current City squad.

quit yo jibbajabba

I retain hope that losing Fernandinho Sterling Jesus and Zinchenko has left the squad a bit thin......clutching at straws i admit..

Milltown Row2

Spurs will push them this year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mrdeeds

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 07, 2022, 08:59:35 PM

No they won't. Spursy plus World Cup going to be tough on their players.

ONeill

Spurs do look a tight outfit this year. Could put up big scores.

Keane and Neville looked bored of talking about Utd. Keane just looks bored of the whole pundit thing. Good easy money but wouldn't be surprised if he heads back into management.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

thewobbler

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 07, 2022, 08:59:35 PM

Only it City drop by 10-15%, and the middle rung of sides rein in their beaten-before-they-go-out mentality when playing City. Spurs don't have a 90+ point season in them.

seafoid

Spurs could be like West Ham the season Frank McAcennie and Tony Cottee ran riot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdoHPJdsKdE
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

dec

No more classified football results

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-62397375

A sporting tradition going back decades is no more - BBC Radio 5 Live will stop broadcasting the classified football results at 5pm on Saturdays.
"With the addition of the 5.30pm live Premier League match to our coverage, Sports Report has been condensed into a shorter programme," the BBC said.
The BBC said it would still offer goal updates throughout the day on air.

James Alexander Gordon read the results for more than 40 years before Charlotte Green took over the reins in 2013.
"We would like to thank everyone who has read the classified football results on 5 Live over the years," the BBC's statement continued.
The corporation added that fans could also keep across the results on the BBC Sport website and Final Score on BBC One. ...

johnnycool

Quote from: johnnycool on August 04, 2022, 04:21:40 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on August 01, 2022, 02:51:22 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 01, 2022, 01:52:24 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on August 01, 2022, 01:19:49 PM
I reckon Liverpool will win with City 2nd, Spurs 3rd and Chelsea 4th.

But, I could easily switch Arsenal or United into 4th.

Bournemouth, Fulham to go back down and I've a feeling Everton could be a mess.

I agree with you about Everton, wouldn't be at all surprised to see them go. Frank might be the first manager to get the chop also.

get in Idrissa Gueye he'll make a power of difference to Everton who's midfield has been a big achilles heel.

He was some spud in his day and I know he's early 30's now, but can only be an upgrade on Gomez/Davies/Allan/An other...

Barkley would be a poor signing even on a free but Batshuayi might be worth the punt.

But yes, I can see Everton struggle badly if DCL isn't bagging them in on a regular basis.

DCL out with a knee injury, 3 months allegedly..

Here comes Rondon, Everton are fucked...

Coady in on loan, good move IMO, Onana also signs on, I know nothing about the lad, so not going to say he's the greatest thing since sliced bread as Everton fans have had loads of false dawns on that side of things. He's 6'4" so hopefully can head a ball at corners both ends of the field, Everton were inept at both last year.

Gueye would also be a good signing and that seems to be it, sorely missing a striker though.....

Geuye

Turf

Quote from: johnnycool on August 09, 2022, 03:00:19 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on August 04, 2022, 04:21:40 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on August 01, 2022, 02:51:22 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 01, 2022, 01:52:24 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on August 01, 2022, 01:19:49 PM
I reckon Liverpool will win with City 2nd, Spurs 3rd and Chelsea 4th.

But, I could easily switch Arsenal or United into 4th.

Bournemouth, Fulham to go back down and I've a feeling Everton could be a mess.

I agree with you about Everton, wouldn't be at all surprised to see them go. Frank might be the first manager to get the chop also.

get in Idrissa Gueye he'll make a power of difference to Everton who's midfield has been a big achilles heel.

He was some spud in his day and I know he's early 30's now, but can only be an upgrade on Gomez/Davies/Allan/An other...

Barkley would be a poor signing even on a free but Batshuayi might be worth the punt.

But yes, I can see Everton struggle badly if DCL isn't bagging them in on a regular basis.

DCL out with a knee injury, 3 months allegedly..

Here comes Rondon, Everton are fucked...

Coady in on loan, good move IMO, Onana also signs on, I know nothing about the lad, so not going to say he's the greatest thing since sliced bread as Everton fans have had loads of false dawns on that side of things. He's 6'4" so hopefully can head a ball at corners both ends of the field, Everton were inept at both last year.

Gueye would also be a good signing and that seems to be it, sorely missing a striker though.....

Geuye

I thought Coady was a big Liverpool fan.
Decent player, strange he went from Captain at Wolves to not being wanted in the space of a few summer weeks.