Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Turf on August 09, 2022, 03:10:21 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on August 09, 2022, 03:00:19 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on August 04, 2022, 04:21:40 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on August 01, 2022, 02:51:22 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 01, 2022, 01:52:24 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on August 01, 2022, 01:19:49 PM
I reckon Liverpool will win with City 2nd, Spurs 3rd and Chelsea 4th.

But, I could easily switch Arsenal or United into 4th.

Bournemouth, Fulham to go back down and I've a feeling Everton could be a mess.

I agree with you about Everton, wouldn't be at all surprised to see them go. Frank might be the first manager to get the chop also.

get in Idrissa Gueye he'll make a power of difference to Everton who's midfield has been a big achilles heel.

He was some spud in his day and I know he's early 30's now, but can only be an upgrade on Gomez/Davies/Allan/An other...

Barkley would be a poor signing even on a free but Batshuayi might be worth the punt.

But yes, I can see Everton struggle badly if DCL isn't bagging them in on a regular basis.

DCL out with a knee injury, 3 months allegedly..

Here comes Rondon, Everton are fucked...

Coady in on loan, good move IMO, Onana also signs on, I know nothing about the lad, so not going to say he's the greatest thing since sliced bread as Everton fans have had loads of false dawns on that side of things. He's 6'4" so hopefully can head a ball at corners both ends of the field, Everton were inept at both last year.

Gueye would also be a good signing and that seems to be it, sorely missing a striker though.....

Geuye

I thought Coady was a big Liverpool fan.
Decent player, strange he went from Captain at Wolves to not being wanted in the space of a few summer weeks.

And?

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

blasmere

Quote from: johnnycool on August 10, 2022, 09:33:37 AM
Quote from: Turf on August 09, 2022, 03:10:21 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on August 09, 2022, 03:00:19 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on August 04, 2022, 04:21:40 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on August 01, 2022, 02:51:22 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 01, 2022, 01:52:24 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on August 01, 2022, 01:19:49 PM
I reckon Liverpool will win with City 2nd, Spurs 3rd and Chelsea 4th.

But, I could easily switch Arsenal or United into 4th.

Bournemouth, Fulham to go back down and I've a feeling Everton could be a mess.

I agree with you about Everton, wouldn't be at all surprised to see them go. Frank might be the first manager to get the chop also.

get in Idrissa Gueye he'll make a power of difference to Everton who's midfield has been a big achilles heel.

He was some spud in his day and I know he's early 30's now, but can only be an upgrade on Gomez/Davies/Allan/An other...

Barkley would be a poor signing even on a free but Batshuayi might be worth the punt.

But yes, I can see Everton struggle badly if DCL isn't bagging them in on a regular basis.

DCL out with a knee injury, 3 months allegedly..

Here comes Rondon, Everton are fucked...

Coady in on loan, good move IMO, Onana also signs on, I know nothing about the lad, so not going to say he's the greatest thing since sliced bread as Everton fans have had loads of false dawns on that side of things. He's 6'4" so hopefully can head a ball at corners both ends of the field, Everton were inept at both last year.

Gueye would also be a good signing and that seems to be it, sorely missing a striker though.....

Geuye

I thought Coady was a big Liverpool fan.
Decent player, strange he went from Captain at Wolves to not being wanted in the space of a few summer weeks.

And?

I bet that's not even him, that's an Everton kit from the 80's when he wasn't born.
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

RedHand88

It's Gerrard. It gets rolled out as a "gotcha" against Liverpool fans but nobody really cares. Carragher was also an Everton fan growing up. Loyalties change.

johnnycool

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 10, 2022, 10:14:47 AM
It's Gerrard. It gets rolled out as a "gotcha" against Liverpool fans but nobody really cares. Carragher was also an Everton fan growing up. Loyalties change.

£££££ Exactly £££££

markl121

Gerrard won a penalty competition at goodison, winner wore an Everton kit with the trophies. Venue alternated every year between Anfield and goodison. Its a nothing story.

johnnycool

Quote from: markl121 on August 10, 2022, 10:38:35 AM
Gerrard won a penalty competition at goodison, winner wore an Everton kit with the trophies. Venue alternated every year between Anfield and goodison. Its a nothing story.

Jamie C won the same competition evidently..

;D

markl121

Carragher was openly an Everton fan. Gerrard wasn't. He also wore a Bryan Robson top as a kid cos he loved him as a player. Go find that photo

Armamike

Was McManaman a blue as well?

Would guess most Liverpool supporters wouldn't be that bothered.
That's just, like your opinion man.

quit yo jibbajabba

Mcmanaman and fowler were blues also. Pool fans dont give a shiny shite and the fact that some Blues care about Coady says plenty. The Benitez saga too. We not in the playground now lads

RedHand88

Quote from: Armamike on August 10, 2022, 11:31:27 AM
Was McManaman a blue as well?

Would guess most Liverpool supporters wouldn't be that bothered.

Nah couldn't care less. They've more than made up for it since then.

markl121

was going to say who the second ex Liverpool player was, but its Lonergan isn't it? man has a champions league medal  ;D

Hound

Quote from: markl121 on August 10, 2022, 11:17:50 AM
Carragher was openly an Everton fan. Gerrard wasn't. He also wore a Bryan Robson top as a kid cos he loved him as a player. Go find that photo
Carra has often mentioned being at a Liverpool - Everton FA Cup final while supporting Everton. But he's turned completely now. Gary Neville doesn't hide that he prefers City winning the league to Liverpool, but I get the feeling from Carra that if United and Everton were in the title race, he'd prefer Everton not to win it.

Stevie G's dad used to bring him to Liverpool matches and his uncle brought him to Everton matches, but the latter happened far more often than the former as his dad hadn't the cash.

Liverpool fans wouldn't view him any differently no matter who he supported, but this is what he says:

'Up until the age of eight I could have supported anyone. When I was younger I had all kinds of different kits: Tottenham, Norwich, Real Madrid, Barcelona... I even had a United kit! We had a few Everton fans in the family who were trying to get me down the Blue road, but once I started understanding the game and listening to my dad and brother talk about Liverpool's great history, that was it."

On Coady, I think it's very good news for Everton

Milltown Row2

Does not matter a jot who they supported when they were kids, they have been part of the fabric of that club from the day they signed.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Coady was a season ticket holder in Anfield growing and was seen as Carras heir apparent in being a home grown, slow as f**k, defender. He was too slow as f**k though. One of the the reasons he had been doing well in Wolves was Nuno's ultra conservative 3 at the back tactic. He generally played the centre of the 3 and is a decent player and a good organiser. That's why Southgate likes him in the England squad. Once Wolves went to a back 4 his pace started to get exposed hence why he dropped down the pegging order.

This move is purely to get game time so that he can get into the England WC squad. He will be guaranteed a start for Everton but couldnt guarantee that at West Ham who also were looking at him on a permanent basis. He is a solid CB who will compliment Tarkowski. With the other likely signings of Onana and Gueye Lampard is creating Joe Royles Dogs of War mark 2.