Diesel, petrol, oil price watch

Started by Dire Ear, March 08, 2022, 10:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Average Score

900L would do me a year if there were no women in my house!

imtommygunn

Thankfully be less need for it this next few months. I guess I meant petrol lol. You can just put more jumpers on in the house haha.

brokencrossbar1

I'm still working from home but the move back to the office is happening at the minute. Thankfully my 'commute' is only 3 miles so I could walk it if I needed and I would if it wasn't for child care.

imtommygunn

Yeah in reality this war is going to have a massive impact on us over time. Certain foods will maybe become an issue too.

armaghniac

Dublin government going to knock 15-20c off excise duty. This will help a bit, and if Boris does not do likewise some border pumps will be busy.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

https://www.ft.com/content/169e54db-d913-4527-bd43-97cdf934e93a

"Given Russia's key role in global energy supply, the global economy could soon be faced with one of the largest energy supply shocks ever," Damien Courvalin, head of energy research at Goldman Sachs, said in a note to clients. "The uncertainty on how this conflict and oil shortages will be resolved is unprecedented." Brent crude rose 7.6 per cent to almost $132 a barrel on Tuesday after a White House official said that Joe Biden, US president, was set to announce a ban on imports of Russian oil into the country. The international oil benchmark had climbed as high as $139 a day earlier.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hereiam

Get the ole back stretched out this summer  ;D

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on March 08, 2022, 08:44:20 PM
Any bit of good news Seaf?
I can't see any. The longer the war goes on the higher prices will go unless the Saudis do something. They are making a fortune
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Only the Yanks could make them evil cnuts do anything.

johnnycool

Quote from: Rossfan on March 09, 2022, 12:39:16 PM

Yanks opening up talks with Maduro in Venezuela.

Some giving off about this and saying he's a dictator all the while buying like f**k from those bastions of democracy and civil rights, the House of Saud.

Itchy

Quote from: johnnycool on March 09, 2022, 01:23:07 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 09, 2022, 12:39:16 PM

Yanks opening up talks with Maduro in Venezuela.

Some giving off about this and saying he's a dictator all the while buying like f**k from those bastions of democracy and civil rights, the House of Saud.

Hes a dictator that won't toe the line with the yanks.

Armagh18

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 08, 2022, 02:20:35 PM
I paid 320€ for 500 litres of home oil this time last year. Today 500 litres will cost me 850€
Christ. There will genuinely be a crisis this winter if nothing is done.

Rossfan

20c off petrol and 15c off diesel to end of August.
Anyone know why diesel and petrol ended up at the same price per litre the weekend when the diesel has been 8 to 10c cheaper for years?

Taylor

Quote from: Rossfan on March 09, 2022, 02:14:05 PM
20c off petrol and 15c off diesel to end of August.
Anyone know why diesel and petrol ended up at the same price per litre the weekend when the diesel has been 8 to 10c cheaper for years?

It needs to be capped rather than a discount of 15c/20c.