Getting TV3 or RTE on freeview in North?

Started by under the bar, June 25, 2014, 06:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Anytime I rescan,  the RTEs etc get moved to a different number on the EPG. Annoying,  but run through all your blank channels.
Testing Accessibility

Gaffer

Quote from: reddgnhand on April 03, 2016, 01:47:43 PM
Can anyone help me? I used to get Rte & tg4 on freeview. I recently done a rescan and the channels have disappeared. Don't know why this has happened.

Sometimes after a rescan they appear under a different channel number.

Just a matter of going up through the numbers until you find them.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

johnneycool

Quote from: Gaffer on April 03, 2016, 08:04:13 PM
Can anyone help me? I used to get Rte & tg4 on freeview. I recently done a rescan and the channels have disappeared. Don't know why this has happened.

Not necessarily,
     I've noticed my signal from Clermont Carn in Louth is definitely weaker over the last week or so, I'm getting a bit of pixelation on the signal and my parents set top box its dropping off altogether.

There does seem to have been a drop in signal power or something happened.

armaghniac

Quote from: johnneycool on April 04, 2016, 11:05:08 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on April 03, 2016, 08:04:13 PM

Not necessarily,
     I've noticed my signal from Clermont Carn in Louth is definitely weaker over the last week or so, I'm getting a bit of pixelation on the signal and my parents set top box its dropping off altogether.

There does seem to have been a drop in signal power or something happened.

There is a possibility of more interference from somewhere else.

Unfortunately they are going to rearrange the frequencies in the future, to free up band for mobile, and Clermont Carn will be moving frequency. The consequence of this is that aerials optimised for Clermont may no longer be optimal. Not a problem in South Armagh, but maybe a problem in West Belfast.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hereiam

i have been told that the 4G network is messing a lot with the freeview signal.

Looking to upgrade a couple of TVs. Obviously want RTÉ and TG4 installed without using Saorview box. I hear that some TVs will have RTÉ on it and others won't. It just depends. Should I source the TVs from down south, go into a local dealer in the north and make sure it has RTÉ or can I buy online and it still be there?

Or is it just a matter of searching and installing onto any TV?
Any advice greatly appreciated

Nanderson

Quote from: 1884 on November 14, 2021, 09:29:30 AM
Looking to upgrade a couple of TVs. Obviously want RTÉ and TG4 installed without using Saorview box. I hear that some TVs will have RTÉ on it and others won't. It just depends. Should I source the TVs from down south, go into a local dealer in the north and make sure it has RTÉ or can I buy online and it still be there?

I know if you go to argos online you can search saorview and it will bring up a list of tv's that have it preinstalled. Just check to make sure it says it on the additional features tab as well when you click into a tv

An Watcher

Never fully understood why I get RTE, Virgin etc in my kitchen and none of the champions league games etc are blocked.  We have sky in the living room and the big games are blocked on RTE.  I always assumed it was due to the RTE aerial from many moons ago but always thought I would lose it eventually.  Still going stringb though

armaghniac

Quote from: 1884 on November 14, 2021, 09:29:30 AM

DId you have Saorview before or are you getting these stations from the NI transmitters? It doesn't make that much difference now anyhow, 10 years ago there were a lot of cheap TVs with restricted capability, this is much less common now.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I just switch on the TV with a wee table top aeriel and I have it , but I live in Derry so more or less Donegal