The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 04, 2022, 09:43:33 PM
"This is their new hoax"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5TZ6fTYrsE

It has been debunked, by every fact checking website on the Internet as I linked above. You have linked an edited out of context video that misrepresents what the intention was.

Gmac

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 04, 2022, 07:48:32 PM
Just spent the morning on the phone with immigration lawyers and the USCIS. My green card expired last year, but I had applied to renew it six months in advance. The previous administration defunded the USCIS as part of its attack on legal immigration. All green cards for which a renewal had been applied were automatically extended by 12 months. In my case that additional 12 months has expired. All such green cards have now been automatically extended for a further 12 months while the understaffed USCIS tries to deal with the backlog, but I now have to wait for them to call me back to get an appointment to go to the local office and get a stamp on my passport to allow me to travel.

Meanwhile, my dad's in the hospital and I'm worried that I might have to travel at short notice. What if something happens and they don't call me back in time? What if there's some other complication?

I know I come across as bitter sometimes on this thread, but the Rethuglicans and their vandalism and messing with people's lives has real-world consequences for real people. The "party of family values" loves to mess with families, break them up, interfere with their lives, and inflict as much misery on people as they can in order to satisfy their hateful base.

And they have the gall to proudly say "I hate liberals." I can assure you the feeling is mutual. I hate everything these fascist conservatives stand for. I hate their faces.
stop voting for democrats they are allowing millions of illegals into the country with California a main landing spot , do you think that or Covid could slow up the legal immigration process?

Main Street

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 04, 2022, 10:01:28 PM
"This is their new hoax"

It has been debunked, by every fact checking website on the Internet as I linked above. You have linked an edited out of context video that misrepresents what the intention was.
I should hope you apply fact checking more often, especially to every other claim and lies made by Trump. The number of fact checked lies expressed by Trump was estimated to be 35,000 by Jan 2021, that's over 20 daily.  Don't just fact check when it suits you ;D

RedHand88

Quote from: Main Street on October 05, 2022, 01:56:12 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on October 04, 2022, 10:01:28 PM
"This is their new hoax"

I should hope you apply fact checking more often, especially to every other claim and lies made by Trump. The number of fact checked lies expressed by Trump was estimated to be 35,000 by Jan 2021, that's over 20 daily.  Don't just fact check when it suits you ;D

Yes, I do. I hate ridiculous bias on both sides. The rigged election crap pushed by right wing media is also nonsense.

I have no interest in engaging in whataboutery and was just responding to the claim that had been made!  :P

Gmac

Quote from: Gmac on October 04, 2022, 10:15:17 PM
Just spent the morning on the phone with immigration lawyers and the USCIS. My green card expired last year, but I had applied to renew it six months in advance. The previous administration defunded the USCIS as part of its attack on legal immigration. All green cards for which a renewal had been applied were automatically extended by 12 months. In my case that additional 12 months has expired. All such green cards have now been automatically extended for a further 12 months while the understaffed USCIS tries to deal with the backlog, but I now have to wait for them to call me back to get an appointment to go to the local office and get a stamp on my passport to allow me to travel.

Meanwhile, my dad's in the hospital and I'm worried that I might have to travel at short notice. What if something happens and they don't call me back in time? What if there's some other complication?

I know I come across as bitter sometimes on this thread, but the Rethuglicans and their vandalism and messing with people's lives has real-world consequences for real people. The "party of family values" loves to mess with families, break them up, interfere with their lives, and inflict as much misery on people as they can in order to satisfy their hateful base.

And they have the gall to proudly say "I hate liberals." I can assure you the feeling is mutual. I hate everything these fascist conservatives stand for. I hate their faces.
stop voting for democrats they are allowing millions of illegals into the country with California a main landing spot , do you think that or Covid could slow up the legal immigration process?
sorry you can't vote , not a citizen.

Eamonnca1

Well where do we start with this Herschel Walker character? Domestic violence accusations coming from multiple women, paid for at least one abortion for one of his GFs, has children to multiple women around the country, and now has the gall to run as an anti-abortion "family values" candidate for the GOP. Newt "serial adulterer" Gingrich obviously has a lot of sympathy for him.

Have we reached the bottom yet?

J70

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 06, 2022, 06:48:02 AM
Well where do we start with this Herschel Walker character? Domestic violence accusations coming from multiple women, paid for at least one abortion for one of his GFs, has children to multiple women around the country, and now has the gall to run as an anti-abortion "family values" candidate for the GOP. Newt "serial adulterer" Gingrich obviously has a lot of sympathy for him.

Have we reached the bottom yet?

I'm torn.

That seat shouldn't even be seriously competitive, so I'm pleased Warnock is in with a great shout of winning due to Walker being a certifiable MAGA loon.

On the other hand, we could also get another certifiable MAGA loon becoming a US Senator.

J70

Hope your auld fella recovers.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: J70 on October 06, 2022, 05:50:21 PM

Hope your auld fella recovers.

Thanks. Seems like he's much better now and will be all right.

lenny

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 06, 2022, 08:22:41 PM

Good news. Should free up space in prison for trump and his foot soldiers from the January 6 coup attempt.

whitey

Quote from: lenny on October 06, 2022, 09:40:04 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 06, 2022, 08:22:41 PM

Good news. Should free up space in prison for trump and his foot soldiers from the January 6 coup attempt.

Great idea-get some additional voters free in time for Election Day

screenexile

100% the right thing to do... Makes sense to get the extra votes too. Will they be out in time for midterms??

dec

Quote from: screenexile on October 06, 2022, 11:50:56 PM
100% the right thing to do... Makes sense to get the extra votes too. Will they be out in time for midterms??

None of the people pardoned are currently in prison.

Gmac

Joe trying to blackmail Saudi Arabia surely an impeachable offense ?