The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 04, 2022, 12:27:50 AM
45 is suing CNN for $475m for "defamation"

The irony! :D

Has he ever actually won one of these law suits?

Gabriel_Hurl

Gmac

Quote from: lenny on October 04, 2022, 07:33:09 AM
New study of almost 600,000 deaths in Ohio and Florida shows that registered Republicans had far higher excess-death rates than registered Democrats during the pandemic, with almost all of the gap coming after vaccines were available.

That's the trump influence because he was so dismissive of covid/recommended ivermectin and bleach and pushed the anti vaccine narrative which he knew his supporters would like.
despicable,  uneducated ignorant post .

lenny

Quote from: Gmac on October 04, 2022, 03:20:05 PM
New study of almost 600,000 deaths in Ohio and Florida shows that registered Republicans had far higher excess-death rates than registered Democrats during the pandemic, with almost all of the gap coming after vaccines were available.

That's the trump influence because he was so dismissive of covid/recommended ivermectin and bleach and pushed the anti vaccine narrative which he knew his supporters would like.

I've extrapolated from a scientific study to explain the much higher excess death rate among republicans. Have you got an alternative explanation?

J70

Quote from: whitey on October 04, 2022, 02:21:24 PM
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/investigations/ny-hotel-shooter-had-converted-fully-automatic-gun-materials-used-to-make-explosives-official/3890644/?amp

Insane.....I stayed at that hotel 2 weeks ago while visiting a client

Poor family. And not something you hear about often in the Hudson Valley.

WTF were they planning with the explosives?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on October 04, 2022, 03:41:49 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 04, 2022, 02:21:24 PM
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/investigations/ny-hotel-shooter-had-converted-fully-automatic-gun-materials-used-to-make-explosives-official/3890644/?amp

Insane.....I stayed at that hotel 2 weeks ago while visiting a client

Poor family. And not something you hear about often in the Hudson Valley.

WTF were they planning with the explosives?

It's a head scratcher

By no means a fancy hotel....just a business hotel on a busy road right next to a bunch of office parks

I'm sure it was booked out for parents weekend......how did 2 homeless yobos end up getting put up there?

Gmac

Quote from: lenny on October 04, 2022, 03:36:47 PM

I've extrapolated from a scientific study to explain the much higher excess death rate among republicans. Have you got an alternative explanation?
uneducated because the trump administration  were the ones who got operation warp speed up and running and got a vaccine out so fast and he constantly promotes it and boosters , I wouldn't touch it btw but I'm still alive . 94% of Floridians over 60 are vaccinated, 89%of Ohioans
Covid killed mostly old people who tend to be conservative or republican voters , you are insinuating they died from not taking the vaccine or drinking bleach , sick stuff.

Gabriel_Hurl

of course you are unvaccinated - says it all

Gmac

Eamonnca1

Just spent the morning on the phone with immigration lawyers and the USCIS. My green card expired last year, but I had applied to renew it six months in advance. The previous administration defunded the USCIS as part of its attack on legal immigration. All green cards for which a renewal had been applied were automatically extended by 12 months. In my case that additional 12 months has expired. All such green cards have now been automatically extended for a further 12 months while the understaffed USCIS tries to deal with the backlog, but I now have to wait for them to call me back to get an appointment to go to the local office and get a stamp on my passport to allow me to travel.

Meanwhile, my dad's in the hospital and I'm worried that I might have to travel at short notice. What if something happens and they don't call me back in time? What if there's some other complication?

I know I come across as bitter sometimes on this thread, but the Rethuglicans and their vandalism and messing with people's lives has real-world consequences for real people. The "party of family values" loves to mess with families, break them up, interfere with their lives, and inflict as much misery on people as they can in order to satisfy their hateful base.

And they have the gall to proudly say "I hate liberals." I can assure you the feeling is mutual. I hate everything these fascist conservatives stand for. I hate their faces.

lenny

Quote from: Gmac on October 04, 2022, 06:42:57 PM
Quote from: lenny on October 04, 2022, 03:36:47 PM

uneducated because the trump administration  were the ones who got operation warp speed up and running and got a vaccine out so fast and he constantly promotes it and boosters , I wouldn't touch it btw but I'm still alive . 94% of Floridians over 60 are vaccinated, 89%of Ohioans
Covid killed mostly old people who tend to be conservative or republican voters , you are insinuating they died from not taking the vaccine or drinking bleach , sick stuff.

The study took into account different age groups and in every age group excess death rate was much higher for republicans. There's still a high number of anti vaxxers out there and there is a huge overlap between them and the Qanon conspiracy theory crackpots. Trump fed all of that and still does because those people are vulnerable and he takes advantage. I would guess that many of the excess deaths could have been avoided with vaccines.

Eamonnca1

When covid first hit, Trump was calling it a "Democratic hoax."

RedHand88

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 04, 2022, 09:05:41 PM
When covid first hit, Trump was calling it a "Democratic hoax."

As someone who clearly follows American politics closely, id have thought you would be more informed than this.

I am not a fan of the man but no, Trump did not call Coronavirus a hoax.

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/campaign-press-release-fact-check-president-trump-did-not-call-the-coronavirus-hoax

Eamonnca1