The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

The screw tightens on the vast criminal enterprise that is Trump and his minions. Even the smaller scandals in the Trumpiverse are bigger than anything the conservatives can dream up on the other side.

QuoteJudge denies Trump Org and former CFO's motion to dismiss tax fraud indictment.

New York (CNN Business)A New York state judge denied the Trump Organization and its former chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg's motions to dismiss tax fraud charges during a hearing Friday.

Judge Juan Merchan said he would grant a hearing to hear arguments over whether statements Weisselberg made while in custody the day of his arrest in July 2021 could be suppressed. The Manhattan district attorney's office did not oppose the hearing but opposed the motion.

Weisselberg and the Trump Organization were indicted last year on charges they were involved in a 15-year tax fraud scheme. They both pleaded not guilty.

The judge said jury selection would begin in the trial on October 24.

Full story...

I expect Fox News and the two resident MAGAs here to ramp up the "Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden" rhetoric in the next few days now that Trump edges closer to doing time.

Jell 0 Biafra

Trump's never doing time; forget it Eamon.

Gmac

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 12, 2022, 11:43:53 PM
The screw tightens on the vast criminal enterprise that is Trump and his minions. Even the smaller scandals in the Trumpiverse are bigger than anything the conservatives can dream up on the other side.

QuoteJudge denies Trump Org and former CFO's motion to dismiss tax fraud indictment.

New York (CNN Business)A New York state judge denied the Trump Organization and its former chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg's motions to dismiss tax fraud charges during a hearing Friday.

Judge Juan Merchan said he would grant a hearing to hear arguments over whether statements Weisselberg made while in custody the day of his arrest in July 2021 could be suppressed. The Manhattan district attorney's office did not oppose the hearing but opposed the motion.

Weisselberg and the Trump Organization were indicted last year on charges they were involved in a 15-year tax fraud scheme. They both pleaded not guilty.

Full story...

I expect Fox News and the two resident MAGAs here to ramp up the "Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden" rhetoric in the next few days now that Trump edges closer to doing time.
eamon I'm not taking this well at all , can you give me a call ? Oh sorry

whitey

Quote from: Gmac on August 13, 2022, 12:37:33 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 12, 2022, 11:43:53 PM

Full story...

eamon I'm not taking this well at all , can you give me a call ? Oh sorry

If Trump broke the law, he should suffer the consequences.....but I wouldn't  hold my breath

I'll go out in a limb and say that this whole raid at Mar A Largo is  a whole lot of nothing

J70

I agree he'll likely get away with everything like he always does (someone else will take the fall), but he and the rest of the right would be screaming bloody murder if a Dem president had been stashing "top secret" documents in their private residence/club.

whitey

Whether it's true or not, I don't know, but one of the stories doing the rounds is that Trump retained documents pertaining to Operation Crossfire Hurricane which would make all the sense in the world

And if any of you remember back, when the hearings were held into the FISA warrants the same rhetoric about national security threats were spread by the media that are being spread today......which ended up being a pile of complete hogwash

J70

Whitey, you're always desperately trying to defend the indefensible when it comes to Trump and the GOP. The "real" story is always how they're the victims and the Dems are evil and corrupt.

Whatever gets you through the night, I guess.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on August 13, 2022, 05:48:35 PM
Whitey, you're always desperately trying to defend the indefensible when it comes to Trump and the GOP. The "real" story is always how they're the victims and the Dems are evil and corrupt.

Whatever gets you through the night, I guess.

Given the egregious misconduct in their prior dealings with him, I wouldn't blame him for a little CYA

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/06/15/justice-department-inspector-general-donald-trump-hillary-clinton-email-fbi-column/704815002/

Gmac

Nuclear secrets so important they wait 19 months to get them ?
Find a judge who has personally said he hates trump to sign the warrant
Make the warrant so vague they can take what they want
Leak to press about nuclear secrets to try set narrative
Ransack the place to Try find anything that will stick to trump so they can charge him with any crime
Banana republic stuff, show me the man and I show you the crime ,quote from lavrentiy Beria stalins head of secret police .
Btw garland is not bitter at all about being locked out of Supreme Court.

Wildweasel74

So GMac,  saying you obviously got the blinkers on in relation to republicans,  do you not think any other person who inciting a riot leading to deaths, like trump,  should be charged?

Gmac

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 13, 2022, 06:48:04 PM
So GMac,  saying you obviously got the blinkers on in relation to republicans,  do you not think any other person who inciting a riot leading to deaths, like trump,  should be charged?
when did that happen?

whitey

They got the warrant on Friday but didn't execute until Monday

Do you think they were waiting for the news cycle to roll over ?

Must have been some really sensitive info that it could have sat there over the weekend unsecured

Gabriel_Hurl

This is bloody hilarious to be fair

lenny

Quote from: whitey on August 13, 2022, 07:41:45 PM

Must have been some really sensitive info that it could have sat there over the weekend unsecured

Kushner got 2 billion from the Saudis and everyone wondered what it was for. I think we can all guess now. The trumps selling on nuclear secrets to foreign governments, trump will do anything for money.

whitey

Quote from: lenny on August 13, 2022, 08:47:03 PM
Quote from: whitey on August 13, 2022, 07:41:45 PM

Kushner got 2 billion from the Saudis and everyone wondered what it was for. I think we can all guess now. The trumps selling on nuclear secrets to foreign governments, trump will do anything for money.

What proof do you have that any nuclear secrets were uncovered at Mar A Largo

Apart from a WaPo "exclusive" I don't think there has been any other evidence of such a finding