Author Topic: The Many Faces of US Politics...  (Read 1953973 times)

RedHand88

• View Profile
Re: The Many Faces of US Politics...
« Reply #22995 on: August 06, 2022, 07:14:15 AM »
California's GDP increased by 21% over the last five years, dwarfing Florida and Texas. Thank you Governor Newsom for your leadership. Amazing what you can get done when you get the conservative Republicans out of the way.

I really don't have a horse in this race but didn't I read something about the equivalent of the population of Montana leaving California last year?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 07:17:38 AM by RedHand88 »

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #22996 on: August 06, 2022, 09:46:40 AM »
Update: He's now got to pay $45.2 million in punitive damages on top of the $4.1 in compensatory damages that were awarded yesterday. That's just to two families.

Two more trials after this.

Slap it up the conservative sh1tbag.
https://www.ft.com/content/1af4dc7f-0029-4ca1-bb43-d491c7c10c0c
Wesley Ball, a lawyer for the parents, on Friday urged jurors to “send a message” with their punitive damages award: “Stop Alex Jones, stop the monetisation of misinformation and lies.”

Lewis and Heslin, whose 6-year-old son Jesse Lewis was killed at Sandy Hook, had requested as much as $150mn in damages for emotional torment, saying their lives were made a “living hell” by strangers who sent them death threats and who wrongly believed the couple faked their child’s death based on Jones’s comments.

They sued Jones for falsely claiming the 2012 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School, where 20 children and six adults were killed, was a hoax staged to justify gun control.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 09:59:21 AM by seafoid »
Lookit

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22997 on: August 07, 2022, 08:19:29 PM »
The right wing media has been pushing this “California exodus” story for a while, but like the “California is bankrupt” trope, it’s not true.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jul/09/leaving-california-exodus-evidence-myth

Btw, more people live in San Diego than live in Montana.

Eamonnca1

• View Profile
« Reply #22998 on: August 08, 2022, 08:12:56 PM »
"It’s wrong what they did to Alex Jones. He should be able to criticize the official story any time he wants. I hope he appeals the verdicts because the kangaroo courts already made him guilty before the trials started. Americans should help cover his bills. Sick of censorship!"

These are the words of Arizona state Senator Wendy Rogers. And of course, she's a Republican. What other pearls of conservative wisdom has this bimbo been casting before us?

Apparently Volodymyr Zelenskyy is “a globalist puppet for Soros and the Clintons.”

“Half of the combat footage” taken in the city of Kyiv was “a video game.”

She has also called for people who she deems to be "traitors" to be publicly hanged.

This is not some mentally ill person on the street corner screaming at traffic. This is an elected politician. This is how insane conservative politicians are getting, and they're only getting worse.

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #22999 on: August 08, 2022, 08:26:40 PM »
Saw a bit of thon Alex Jones idiot and his idiot lawyers in the trial, but who is funding him and his TV channel?

Also when will the voting machine crowd, Dominion have their day in the sun?

Gmac

• View Profile
« Reply #23000 on: August 08, 2022, 10:37:04 PM »
Democrats are hiring 87k new irs agents wtf
They should be hiring 8k border patrol agents .

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #23001 on: August 09, 2022, 01:14:15 AM »
Feds raid Mar-A-Lago

Have some plumbers checking the toilets for documents

burdizzo

• View Profile
« Reply #23002 on: August 09, 2022, 01:54:57 AM »
"It’s wrong what they did to Alex Jones. He should be able to criticize the official story any time he wants. I hope he appeals the verdicts because the kangaroo courts already made him guilty before the trials started. Americans should help cover his bills. Sick of censorship!"

These are the words of Arizona state Senator Wendy Rogers. And of course, she's a Republican. What other pearls of conservative wisdom has this bimbo been casting before us?

Apparently Volodymyr Zelenskyy is “a globalist puppet for Soros and the Clintons.”

She has also called for people who she deems to be "traitors" to be publicly hanged.

This is not some mentally ill person on the street corner screaming at traffic. This is an elected politician. This is how insane conservative politicians are getting, and they're only getting worse.

I don't follow the finer details of US politics, so I don't know the story with Alex Jones, or exactly who Wendy Rogers is; but - and whatever about anything else - she's absolutely on the ball about Zelensky being a globalist puppet.
And also, while there may be some "insane conservative politicians" over there - did you never notice the wacky woke mob?! One side mirrors the other.

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #23003 on: August 09, 2022, 02:35:48 AM »

I don't follow the finer details of US politics, so I don't know the story with Alex Jones, or exactly who Wendy Rogers is; but - and whatever about anything else - she's absolutely on the ball about Zelensky being a globalist puppet.
And also, while there may be some "insane conservative politicians" over there - did you never notice the wacky woke mob?! One side mirrors the other.
What wacky woke mob mirrors Alex Jones?  and what about    "I don't  know the story  who "exactly Wendy Rogers is " yet  you profess  to know  she's on the ball about Zelensky.

"Half of the combat footage” taken in the city of Kyiv was “a video game.

Only half? ;D

This tread already has enough useful idiots,  the cup already overfloweth.

Eamonnca1

• View Profile
« Reply #23004 on: August 09, 2022, 05:16:19 AM »

Where? Who's the left's equivalent of Alex Jones?

Eamonnca1

• View Profile
« Reply #23005 on: August 09, 2022, 05:17:16 AM »
Feds raid Mar-A-Lago

Have some plumbers checking the toilets for documents

Seemed to happen after the News Hour was recorded. I'm looking forward to seeing more about it tomorrow night. He is so busted!

Eamonnca1

• View Profile
« Reply #23006 on: August 09, 2022, 05:19:59 AM »

Eamonnca1

• View Profile
« Reply #23007 on: August 09, 2022, 05:21:01 AM »

Eamonnca1

• View Profile
« Reply #23008 on: August 09, 2022, 05:24:56 AM »
This Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) could mean $305 billion in deficit reductions through 2031. Of course if some Rethuglican nutjob gets back into the White House then you can kiss that goodbye. Could be interesting to see Fox News spinning this. They reverted to deficit hawks the day Biden was sworn in.

Eamonnca1

• View Profile
« Reply #23009 on: August 09, 2022, 06:46:10 AM »
Quoth Garrett M. Graff on Twitter:

“What’s the difference between this and Watergate?” Donald Trump raged in a statement Monday night after FBI agents.

Well, as a Watergate and FBI historian, four things stand out to me:

The idea the FBI launched a raid on a former president would have been approved and monitored at the highest level of the Justice Department; hard to even imagine how high the bar of probable cause must've been for the Bureau to initiate such a politically sensitive search...

A search warrant means an independent federal judge ALSO signed off on the probable cause and, independently, believes evidence there was likely a crime committed AND that more evidence would be found at Mar-a-Lago. That's huge too.

The fact the search apparently didn't leak until basically when word came from Donald Trump himself shows the FBI and the Justice Department conducted this search by the book and a high degree of integrity. No leaks? Impressive. Surely only a small team knew inside DOJ....

Taken together, this is one of the most significant, sensitive, and politically explosive actions the US Justice Department and FBI has ever taken—one of a tiny handful of times it's ever investigated a president.

Bottom line: The FBI & DOJ must've known they had the goods.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 07:18:19 AM by Eamonnca1 »