Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

stephenite

Quote from: deiseach on March 24, 2011, 11:34:35 AM
Quote from: stephenite on March 24, 2011, 11:17:37 AM
I'm hoping Ricky hits 100+ not out

We'll have to agree to disagree ;)

I'm not terribly bothered (off to bed now instead of watching), but Ponting has been savaged by the Aussie media this past year and this week has seen them really tear into him. Would like to see him give a big Fcuk you to most of the 'experts'

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Billys Boots

Finished at 260/6, reachable I'd have thought.  The Castrol predictor is saying Australia will win narrowly.  Looking forward to seeing what India can do now.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

deiseach

India set a target of 261 to win. I would have said that on the basis of the World Cup thus far it should be a gettable target - except this is Australia we're talking about. Sachin Tendulkar, your time is now

AZOffaly

Here we go. Brett Lee opening the bowling. If India win this they'll face Pakistan in the semis. That would make England Ireland look like a playground spat.

AZOffaly

From the cricket text commentary:

Lee to Tendulkar, 1 run, and there is the 18,000th run to loud cheers, he gets out to a length ball and pushes it to sweeper cover

18,000 runs in ODI cricket, that's some achievement for the little master. India making a good start on the chase, 74/1 through 14.1 overs. If Tendulkar bats more than 35 overs, they'll probably win.

magpie seanie

AZOffaly

And now he's out! India 95/2 after 18.4. Still in India's sight, but they need to settle after losing Tendulkar.

deiseach

India look like they are trying to win it in singles already. Worrying.

AZOffaly

Quote from: deiseach on March 24, 2011, 03:14:22 PM
India look like they are trying to win it in singles already. Worrying.

Yeah. A couple of boundries would make a big difference, but as the commentator on cricketfreeq said, 300 singles gets you 300 runs every time :)

seafoid

Australia always remind me of Meath.  Not recent vintage Meath although that famous underarm incident in the early 90s vs NZ could have been in last year's Leinster final.

AZOffaly

Quote from: seafoid on March 24, 2011, 03:40:43 PM
Australia always remind me of Meath.  Not recent vintage Meath although that famous underarm incident in the early 90s vs NZ could have been in last year's Leinster final.

100 runs left from 112 balls.

deiseach

Gambhir run out. If that were Pakistan people would accuse him of being bent. Crazy.

AZOffaly

Bananas. India are making this closer than it needs be. Normally 90 needed from 96 balls would be a no brainer. The sphincters might be tightening though...