The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevecw

Great stuff! Caught the end of this today and those O'Briens were impressive!

So now its a friendly with India on Wed, followed by the 1st Super 8 game with NZ on Thursday.

Surely its send out the reserves for a hammering on Wednesday as a thanks for the great food the Indians how given us.

Then send out the rested 1st team to take out NZ!

I see our group is NZ, Pakistan & Sri Lanka. Its def the easiest of the 2 groups with only Sri Lanka unbeatable.
NZ are not impossible and whoever is the Pakistan manager must be shitting himself & done his will out today suddenly faced with the task of playing Ireland after what happened in 07! :D  :o

down6061689194

gawa316

Quote from: stevecw on June 09, 2009, 12:54:27 AM
Great stuff! Caught the end of this today and those O'Briens were impressive!

So now its a friendly with India on Wed, followed by the 1st Super 8 game with NZ on Thursday.

Surely its send out the reserves for a hammering on Wednesday as a thanks for the great food the Indians how given us.

Then send out the rested 1st team to take out NZ!

I see our group is NZ, Pakistan & Sri Lanka. Its def the easiest of the 2 groups with only Sri Lanka unbeatable.
NZ are not impossible and whoever is the Pakistan manager must be shitting himself & done his will out today suddenly faced with the task of playing Ireland after what happened in 07! :D  :o

There's still a chance the Netherlands could get through at the expense of Pakistan. Even tough they beat england it would be definilty give the Irish a better chance

Massey-135

Fair play to them. Any one thing they have much chance of going further?

Watched the Aussies getting bate last night while sitting in the gym pretending to work very hard on the exercise bike.

Ricky Ponting is a rare looking heur. They shouldn't have left that man at home. The big lad Symonds.

There is a video on the tube were some streaker is running on the pitch and he burys the shoulder in him. Poor wee streaker went ass over tit lol.

Main Street

That mindless crap music blaring all the way through, winds me up.

Attention span is a disappearing phenomena.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: down6061689194 on June 09, 2009, 09:22:24 AM
O'Briens stumping was one of the smartest I have seen.

Funny I was watching the highlights last night, and thought 'what the f**ks he at?'.

Seeing the replay... I thought the exact same thing is you. Really sharp work.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Gabriel_Hurl

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 09, 2009, 03:28:42 PM
Holland are 26/1 after 4 overs chasing Pakistan's 175
Yes but no but yes.

As England and Holland have one win each, assuming Pakistand won this all teams will finish level on two points. So it then goes to run rate. England will have the best or second best run rate, so they are through.

At the minute Pakistan's run rate is better than Hollands. However to overtake Pakistan need to score 151, and hopefully they do as Ireland would rather play them then Pakistan... although to be fair Ireland's cricketers probably don't give a s***e who they play.

Holland 29-1 from 5 overs.

The Dutch need to up the ante, and to be honest I can't see them doing it.

Billys Boots

It's 56/4 now after 10 overs - Holland only have a run rate of 5.3, and now need (for the last 10 overs) a run rate of 12.3 (Pakistan had a run rate of 8.75).
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Norf Tyrone

Chrisowc

Quote from: Massey-135 on June 09, 2009, 09:54:30 AM
Fair play to them. Any one thing they have much chance of going further?

Watched the Aussies getting bate last night while sitting in the gym pretending to work very hard on the exercise bike.

Ricky Ponting is a rare looking heur. They shouldn't have left that man at home. The big lad Symonds.

There is a video on the tube were some streaker is running on the pitch and he burys the shoulder in him. Poor wee streaker went ass over tit lol.

He was in the T20 squad but got sent home for some high jinx.  Has problems with the Devil's buttermilk by all accounts.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Chrisowc

Quote from: Main Street on June 09, 2009, 11:12:34 AM

Agreed Main Street.

It's all a bit plastic but can be good craic if the match is close and anything that raises the profile of Irish cricket has to be a good thing.

Anyway, roll on 8th July for day 1 of the Ashes in Cardiff.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

magpie seanie

Quote from: Chrisowc on June 10, 2009, 07:42:22 AM
Quote from: Main Street on June 09, 2009, 11:12:34 AM

Agreed Main Street.

It's all a bit plastic but can be good craic if the match is close and anything that raises the profile of Irish cricket has to be a good thing.

Anyway, roll on 8th July for day 1 of the Ashes in Cardiff.

Ah, the Ashes! I always struggle with this as in knowing who to support. The Aussies are so arrogant I find myself supporting England and that feels wrong as they are no strangers to arrogance themselves as we all know. They do tend to be the underdogs though I suppose. Anyone else feel the same?

This T20 stuff is brilliant.

Doogie Browser

India today for Ireland, a dead rubber of sorts given we have already qualified for the Super 8's.  Glad it is the late game though, so might get to see some of it later at home.