Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

Relegation playoffs always seem to be in mud in November when they happen

Milltown Row2

Both teams will be training for championship, hardly sitting on their hands doing nothing, I'm guessing week after championship finishes...

If you want to go up or stay up you'll prepare accordingly, teams might be in better shape...

For the record it would be handier at a midweek neutral venue before championship, but who would have voted on this? Clubs? Are delegates informed at start of year?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 21, 2022, 06:12:24 PM
Both teams will be training for championship, hardly sitting on their hands doing nothing, I'm guessing week after championship finishes...

If you want to go up or stay up you'll prepare accordingly, teams might be in better shape...

For the record it would be handier at a midweek neutral venue before championship, but who would have voted on this? Clubs? Are delegates informed at start of year?

Clubs were updated on schedule in mid February.

P/Offs are provisionally scheduled  for 11th or 25th Sept,  but I think , Div 1 / 2 will be pushed back due to championship , Aghagallon & Ballymena would be fancied for QF and/ or Semi but  Glenavy v Antrim likely to take place on 25th Sept.

imtommygunn

I am assuming there is a typo on the Antrim website and randalstown didn't score 70 goals and 7 points in their u15 division 3 game.

Saffsof82

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 21, 2022, 09:29:39 PM
I am assuming there is a typo on the Antrim website and randalstown didn't score 70 goals and 7 points in their u15 division 3 game.

Probably not far off, far too strong for div 3, but why change the habits of a lifetime eh?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Saffsof82 on July 21, 2022, 10:52:20 PM

Probably not far off, far too strong for div 3, but why change the habits of a lifetime eh?

Care to expand?

Tyrdub

website says they "only" scored 7-07, what's the hullaballoo?

barnish oggie

It was a typo, we scored 7-7.

I take it that last comment was a snide one, although not well informed which isn't a surprise.

Bearing in mind our u15s lost every game in Div 2 last year, or were you not aware of that?

Admittedly we are too strong this year and would have been as strong as mid Div 2 teams but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

We weren't last year and likely won't be next year, so you make the call based on the players you have available, not a long running decision to play in lower leagues for the sake of it.

Our u17 team are the same in Div 3 but next year it will change to last years u15 team and the standard will drop again just due to player availability.

We aren't like the St Brigids of this world, who we played last night, and who fielded 15 players against us with no subs but had about 20 players on the adjacent pitch against PG1 and I understand they had a few missing as well.

Not singling out St Brigids for anything wrong here btw, just saying some teams have big numbers to call on regularly and some can only scrape by some years.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Tyrdub on July 22, 2022, 08:27:20 AM

It did say 70-7 at one point and I wasn't having a go at randalstown. I am from a small club too and have seen exactly the pains you talk about barnish. Flush one year and scraping things together the next. Just how it goes.

Milltown Row2

Seen a Belfast club rack up a huge score over a SW club I was reluctant to put the score in as it's not exactly confidence boosting.. fielding teams at underage has been harder for clubs due to not being allowed to play above your age.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I mind getting beat 55-1 and 59-0 in consecutive weeks. It happens sometimes.

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 22, 2022, 10:09:14 AM
I mind getting beat 55-1 and 59-0 in consecutive weeks. It happens sometimes.

Is the seeding wrong there?

bannside

Who scored the point...lol.

bannside

On a serious note, St Brigid's look to be getting their act together at juvenile level. Strong at U13,  U15 and U17. Could be a conveyor belt that delivers St Brigid's into a top two or three club in the coming years if they can keep them.

barnish oggie

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 22, 2022, 10:01:05 AM
Quote from: Tyrdub on July 22, 2022, 08:27:20 AM

It did say 70-7 at one point and I wasn't having a go at randalstown. I am from a small club too and have seen exactly the pains you talk about barnish. Flush one year and scraping things together the next. Just how it goes.

Yes ITG, sorry I know you weren't having a go but the other one was.

The typo was definitely up last night and they updated the league table with the score.

I had to screenshot it for the laugh as it had us with a +423 points difference!!

You would think whoever was typing that in would have thought to themselves that something was amiss before doing it.