Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: saffman on July 13, 2022, 11:50:40 AM
Can anyone confirm what way relegation is setup this year?

With no relegations last year but still promotions does it mean 2 teams go down this year? Or is there still playoffs with 2nd and 2nd bottom is the leagues?

In Div 1(B) I was told that the bottom team goes down automatically with the second bottom team going into a playoff with the second team in Div2(a), is that not correct?

delgany

Quote from: johnnycool on July 13, 2022, 12:12:29 PM
Quote from: saffman on July 13, 2022, 11:50:40 AM
Can anyone confirm what way relegation is setup this year?

With no relegations last year but still promotions does it mean 2 teams go down this year? Or is there still playoffs with 2nd and 2nd bottom is the leagues?

In Div 1(B) I was told that the bottom team goes down automatically with the second bottom team going into a playoff with the second team in Div2(a), is that not correct?

That is 100% correct

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Anyone know if its head to head or points differnce. Davitts conceding to us tonight, crap one, we travelled there with 14 men

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 13, 2022, 12:58:32 PM
Anyone know if its head to head or points differnce. Davitts conceding to us tonight, crap one, we travelled there with 14 men

Phew... I was asked if I could go there tonight!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

breakingball

I think if teams concede then points difference can no longer be used and goes to head to head. It isn't but in my opinions conceding should be -1 point.

saffman

Thanks for confirming folks!

1(b) cushendun are confirmed bottom.
Who will come 2nd bottom? Endas/ballygalget?

2(a) what way do people see that shaping up?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 13, 2022, 01:25:27 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 13, 2022, 12:58:32 PM

Phew... I was asked if I could go there tonight!!

Lol, youm would have got an egg and onion sandwich

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: breakingball on July 13, 2022, 01:56:21 PM
I think if teams concede then points difference can no longer be used and goes to head to head. It isn't but in my opinions conceding should be -1 point.

Davitts are down anyhow, but that puts us on equal points second from bottom with Rasharkin(we have beat them home and away though) but they have better score difference which is why tonight's game might(not sure) been important to us. We only had near full team out last week for first time .

Other years it was head to head, but id say do anything to make it hard for us lol. Rasharkin convinced we stay up without playoff as we beat them twice

johnnycool

Quote from: saffman on July 13, 2022, 01:56:45 PM
Thanks for confirming folks!

1(b) cushendun are confirmed bottom.
Who will come 2nd bottom? Endas/ballygalget?

2(a) what way do people see that shaping up?

We'd need to pick up points at home to either Ballycastle or the Crans OR Beat St Enda's away and whilst some injuries are clearing up we've done nothing to suggest we'll get anymore points and St Enda's may pick up more to leapfrog us.

saffman

Endas should, on paper pick up 2 pts away to cushendun tonight

Could be a good final game of the season to see who falls into that playoff position

Could we see any div 2 teams troubling either team to make the jump to Div 1?

delgany

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 13, 2022, 02:24:10 PM

Davitts are down anyhow, but that puts us on equal points second from bottom with Rasharkin(we have beat them home and away though) but they have better score difference which is why tonight's game might(not sure) been important to us. We only had near full team out last week for first time .

Other years it was head to head, but id say do anything to make it hard for us lol. Rasharkin convinced we stay up without playoff as we beat them twice
Head to Head , if the head to head is tied , it goes to score difference in the games between the teams, then overall scores for , if still tied - a play off game !

You' ll be okay on head to head

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: delgany on July 13, 2022, 03:16:21 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 13, 2022, 02:24:10 PM

Head to Head , if the head to head is tied , it goes to score difference in the games between the teams, then overall scores for , if still tied - a play off game !

You' ll be okay on head to head

Thanks Delgany

Hoof Hearted

Just reading the saffron gael report, nice touch from St galls before their game last night.
Puts sport into perspective too
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

keep her low this half

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on July 14, 2022, 12:33:50 PM
Just reading the saffron gael report, nice touch from St galls before their game last night.
Puts sport into perspective too
Very true, and yes it was a classy move by St Galls.

BrollysArmy

As a footballer it was great to see our hurlers beat LMGs today in a great game of hurling! The ref was great today, I know we talk about the standard of refs but he kept it all in check today! I'd say a few of our boys could do with a chance to train with the county team!