Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

I heard the games tomorrow are called off, any truth?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: paddyjohn on June 18, 2022, 06:02:02 PM
I heard the games tomorrow are called off, any truth?

Heard nothing yet

thegooch13

some young lad coyles put in a serious shift for armoy the other day, has to be in for a shout for the county next year

saffman

Quote from: thegooch13 on June 20, 2022, 01:02:21 PM
some young lad coyles put in a serious shift for armoy the other day, has to be in for a shout for the county next year

Relative is he?

old timers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 18, 2022, 12:18:58 PM
Tragic news on hearing Casey's untimely death last night.. have ref'd him few times and was looking forward to the fixture they played after their all Ireland win when they up against Sarsfields at the bear pit.

Both teams were missing players, but speaking to the Dungannon manager they had few that were away the weekend before at a stag weekend (probably for this wedding) but they were in good form from the win at Croke park, was keen to congratulate the players for not only their win but managing to put up with CJ  ;)..

Casey was the standout player that night and got the usual close attention you get from the Paddies when you're half decent. Tagged on a goal and a rake of points that night..

Plenty potential to grow into an even better player and drive Tyrone and his club on, dark times for his family friends and his club

Casey was the standout player wherever he was -  what a loss to club and county -  massive void in so many lives and terrible times ahead for his poor parents and sisters - taken way too soon

imtommygunn

Not much talk about camogie here but be great to see us beat limerick tomorrow and get into the knockout stages of the seniors. Not going to be easy I am sure but looks achievable.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 01, 2022, 03:50:52 PM
Not much talk about camogie here but be great to see us beat limerick tomorrow and get into the knockout stages of the seniors. Not going to be easy I am sure but looks achievable.

Limerick just about beat Down last week I think, they ain't as strong as their men
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I think Offaly maybe beat limerick and we beat Offaly well so definitely in with a chance.

I saw a tweet from Neil McManus last night on a young loughgiel hurler Jack mccloskey and how he was one to watch out for. Just read the saffron Gael report on the darragh cup and there are some plaudits for him. 3-14 from 3-18 in a tight game too. Must have been some performance. Not a name I know but hopefully a bright future.

Saffrongael

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 02, 2022, 11:00:27 AM
I think Offaly maybe beat limerick and we beat Offaly well so definitely in with a chance.

I saw a tweet from Neil McManus last night on a young loughgiel hurler Jack mccloskey and how he was one to watch out for. Just read the saffron Gael report on the darragh cup and there are some plaudits for him. 3-14 from 3-18 in a tight game too. Must have been some performance. Not a name I know but hopefully a bright future.

He would be well enough known in underage circles. Roadstones (Eoin McCloskey) son, as good as I have seen in a while at that age and still only about 16 I think.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

imtommygunn

Is darragh cup under 17 ? I assume so?

Eoin was very good as were the brothers too so a bit of pedigree in there. There are a few mccloskeys appearing in loughgiel senior teams who I assumed were offspring.

paddyjohn

It was one of the best performances I've ever saw from a Juvenile.

Pity about some of Shamrock supporters. They really never learn to shut up even when they are winning.

Old Time Hurler

Lads. At the end of the League, if teams are tied on the same points, how does CCC determine who finishes ahead of the other, is it on head to head 1st?

delgany

Quote from: Old Time Hurler on July 10, 2022, 10:04:43 PM
Lads. At the end of the League, if teams are tied on the same points, how does CCC determine who finishes ahead of the other, is it on head to head 1st?
Head to Head , if the head to head is tied , it goes to score difference in the games between the teams, then overall scores for , if still tied - a play off game !

Old Time Hurler

saffman

Can anyone confirm what way relegation is setup this year?

With no relegations last year but still promotions does it mean 2 teams go down this year? Or is there still playoffs with 2nd and 2nd bottom is the leagues?