Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glensman

http://www.dunloycuchullains.co.uk/

Fair plat to them. A fair few hurlers will come out of those facilities.

Hoof Hearted

Watson lucky to be still on the pitch after only 2 minutes
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bloodybreakball

doing well even now, even thouhg there is a fair few points in it, altough still 30mins left!

johnneycool

Can someone put the final score up? This is my only access to the outside world at the minute

AFS

Cork 1-24 0-19 Antrim

Orior

Quote from: Orior on July 20, 2010, 09:58:01 PM
Good luck on Sunday to Antrim.

Problem child Liam Watson is the sort of maverick that every team needs. His rebel attitude means that he has no fear of any opponent. I just hope that Dinny has him well and truely focussed for the game.

Af feck, truely embarrassing to see him drop like a tonne of bricks after being brushed by the Cork no 3.

Focus 9 out of 10.
Discipline 3 out of 10.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

the colonel

Game went as I thought it would have done. Antrim stuck with cork for the first half but the last couple of mins of first half killed us.

Unfortunately saw the 2 sides of Watson. Great game he had and proved a lot of people wrong and I include myself in that with his ability on the big day. The other side of him was ridiculous and should have walked after a couple of mins. I wonder if the CCCC will ask the ref to look at Watsons first challenge?
the difference between success and failure is energy

JimStynes

Is Watson the hurling version of Kevin McGourty?

faughs

Quote from: the colonel on July 25, 2010, 10:13:01 PM
Game went as I thought it would have done. Antrim stuck with cork for the first half but the last couple of mins of first half killed us.

Unfortunately saw the 2 sides of Watson. Great game he had and proved a lot of people wrong and I include myself in that with his ability on the big day. The other side of him was ridiculous and should have walked after a couple of mins. I wonder if the CCCC will ask the ref to look at Watsons first challenge?

In defence of Watson i think that Cadogan flicked him in the balls beforehand.

the colonel

After watching the incident on the tv it looked like a poke to the ribs
the difference between success and failure is energy

nrico2006

Quote from: faughs on July 25, 2010, 10:29:33 PM
Quote from: the colonel on July 25, 2010, 10:13:01 PM

In defence of Watson i think that Cadogan flicked him in the balls beforehand.

At first glance I thought Watson was just acting the tr**p, but having seen the replay its clear that Cadogan struck first.  The dive was pathetic though.  Gardiner was as bad in the sending off incident.

Some good performances yesterday, with Donnelly standing out as well as Delargy and Watson.  McCrory got through a lot of ball aswell, with Johnny Campbell solid too.  McManus hit the frees well, but didn't really contribute anything from play and a few of the Antrim forwards were anonymous, with O'Connell doing very little and I don't remember seeing McCann with the ball apart from one catch.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

NAG1

Yeah I would agree with Hippy probably being Antrims top performer, thought SD was shakey and his distribution of the ball is poor. Why does he insist on running with the ball when he has time and space to hit it?

I thought that we struggled at midfield most, Kenny and CN both has excellent games and must have chipped in with 5 - 6 points between them.

In general Antrim performed well, few wee things that need tweaked but again I think it is from not hurling at this level all the time that mean those wee mistakes creep in when the pressure is on.

tom moore83

Lads. Whatever club your from there is no doubt that Watson was by far Antrims best hurler yesterday. Yes Hippy had a good game but O'Hailpin won two frees, scored a point and laid the hand pass of for the goal. Hippy is an exceptional full back and is probably the best full back Antrim have had for long and many a day. But he is still only 21 and has lots to learn. Because Watson got sent of shouldnt take away from his contribution yesterday.

faughs

Quote from: tom moore83 on July 26, 2010, 05:28:11 PM
Lads. Whatever club your from there is no doubt that Watson was by far Antrims best hurler yesterday. Yes Hippy had a good game but O'Hailpin won two frees, scored a point and laid the hand pass of for the goal. Hippy is an exceptional full back and is probably the best full back Antrim have had for long and many a day. But he is still only 21 and has lots to learn. Because Watson got sent of shouldnt take away from his contribution yesterday.

Agreed, and id go as far as to say he was the best player on pitch.

That much was recognsied in the Irish Indie, and also Sean Og said that antrim had the two best players on the park, but cork were a better "team" - i presume he was talking about Hippy

bannside

Good gutsy effort I thought. We were conceding loads in the physical stakes ( by far the younger team) as well as experience of real c`ship intensity that Cork would have been well accustomed to.

Antrim are a work in progress. Dinny/Bob/Jerry are hurling men who know exactly what it takes to succeed, and for me anyway, the most important thing to come out of yesterday is the fact that THEY wii have been encouraged with what they saw - versus the potential for further improvement.

With calibre of Neal Mc Auley and Aaron Graffin to enter into the mix, and prospects like young Mc Keague and Ciaran Clarke coming through there is no doubt there is a serious panel emerging. Interesting times ahead. Well done to all involved.