Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunsilly King on September 25, 2020, 07:30:35 PM
I have no idea, he just showed me the list of transfers at the start of the season. My jaw dropped at 9 transfers to St Galls

So you've no idea it was either sanctioned players that would be unable to play as the team may not have had a chance to field. Or direct transfers?

Ok would be a better post if you were able to provide the full story, it may actually be full transfers but I've no idea either.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Do Eire og have enough to field at underage?

Bronco

Doesn't surprise me at all, it's clear what's happening,and disappointing that some continue to make excuses for it.

I have no idea, he just showed me the list of transfers at the start of the season. My jaw dropped at 9 transfers to St Galls

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bronco on September 25, 2020, 08:44:45 PM
Doesn't surprise me at all, it's clear what's happening,and disappointing that some continue to make excuses for it.

As clear as Klopp was a poor manager for Liverpool  :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

It was clear that fella a load of you were chastising was taking money for managing until it was clear that people were wrong about that too :D

Bronco

Eh?

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2020, 09:09:17 PM

As clear as Klopp was a poor manager for Liverpool  :D

Bronco

Again - Eh? I didn't chastise anyone for taking money for managing,I simply stated that I don't think the GAA should permit people to manage outside their own club.

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 25, 2020, 09:21:45 PM

It was clear that fella a load of you were chastising was taking money for managing until it was clear that people were wrong about that too :D

delgany

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2020, 08:18:39 PM

So you've no idea it was either sanctioned players that would be unable to play as the team may not have had a chance to field. Or direct transfers?

Ok would be a better post if you were able to provide the full story, it may actually be full transfers but I've no idea either.

Transfers  and sanctions are on two separate  lists .
In 2019 , St.Galls received 9 transfers ,5 from Eire Og , 6 transfers were u18s
Sarsfields  had 8 , 5 were u18
Ardoyne  had 11, all over 18

Davitts had 9 , 3 were under 18.
St Galls had 7 , 4 were u18.

Players came from a range of clubs

Bronco

Yeah but you can prove anything with facts 😉

imtommygunn

Quote from: Bronco on September 25, 2020, 09:30:52 PM
Again - Eh? I didn't chastise anyone for taking money for managing,I simply stated that I don't think the GAA should permit people to manage outside their own club.

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 25, 2020, 09:21:45 PM

You're entitled to your opinion but thankfully not enough would agree with you hence it not being a rule.

Milltown Row2

So it wasn't 9 from Eire Og? Hmmm interesting I thought for sure it was 9, can you check that again?

Dunsilly King

Quote from: delgany on September 25, 2020, 09:39:31 PM

10 players under the age of 18 transferred to St Galls the past two years. So much for investing in underage coaching. More like investing in underage poaching ffs.

delgany

Quote from: Bronco on September 25, 2020, 09:43:00 PM
Yeah but you can prove anything with facts 😉

Do you think , I randomly made that up ! THOSE  are directly from the completed official county transfer lists for 2019 and 20

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunsilly King on September 25, 2020, 09:48:02 PM

10 players under the age of 18 transferred to St Galls the past two years. So much for investing in underage coaching. More like investing in underage poaching ffs.

So you made it up? But now waffling something else?

delgany

Quote from: Dunsilly King on September 25, 2020, 09:48:02 PM

A transfer  into a club, does not always equate to a quality player .Alot of the time, young fellas move to play with their school mates and dont get a run in the new club and have a tendency  to drop out very quickly. Big fish in a wee pond ....springs to.mind. You also have the over - ambitious parent in the background  chasing glory through their children.