You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

I must be slowing up in my old age. Wasn't expecting all this....
Testing Accessibility

Hardy

O'Neill, that cubicle scenario was the funniest thing here in a long time.

I also enjoyed the fit parent vs. disabled/old person debate and found myself bemused that POG was labeled a monster for suggesting that incapacitated people have more need to be close to the shop door than fit and able parents equipped with all the necessary tackle and apparatus to transport their kids a few dozen yards.

Anyway, my gear-grinder for today is people who drive into your street/road/ghetto and disrupt the peace and tranquility of the whole neighbourhood by beeping their horns to attract the attention of whoever it is they've come to see. Lazy bastards - have they never heard of doorbells? Often they're young lads calling to pick up their mots, but mostly they're taxi drivers.

And some day I'm going to do an epic rant on indiscriminate sneezers.

Louth Exile

Quote from: Hardy on October 24, 2007, 11:53:02 AM
I also enjoyed the fit parent vs. disabled/old person debate and found myself bemused that POG was labeled a monster for suggesting that incapacitated people have more need to be close to the shop door than fit and able parents equipped with all the necessary tackle and apparatus to transport their kids a few dozen yards.

That wasn't the crux of the arguement, but this is one that has been closed now and should be left closed, for the sake of this thread.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Hardy

I was away and missed it and to my surprise found it so fascinating that I read every word of it this morning. And that's what I took as the crux of it. POG said he couldn't see the necessity for putting parent-and-toddler parking near the door, to the exclusion of additional disabled parking spaces. He also said that, because he couldn't see the need for it he didn't mind using these spaces himself. For that he was attacked and accused of mother-hating, child-hating, and all sorts of unspeakable personal traits. And then he was diagnosed (remotely, online) as being impotent - or was it infertile? A bit OTT, no?

Anyway (not directed at you), I don't understand the tendency of old ladies here to clutch at their collars and declare that this or that debate has gone on long enough. I enjoy the cut and thrust of a good robust barney and I'm capable of deciding for myself when it has gone on long enough for me. Then I'll stop reading.

Gnevin

Quote from: Louth Exile on October 23, 2007, 12:41:43 PM
Quote from: Leg End on October 22, 2007, 11:19:27 PM
commercial breaks... and every single channel on sky digital on them at the same time.

being 3pence short in change of the cost of what every u are buying and having to break a £20 note because of it

Thicko shop assistants who will break a 20 instead of just letting you off the 3p
I know in Dunnes they use to make a big deal if you where a euro under in your till at the end of the night , If you let 30 people off 3c you'd soon be in trouble .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Gnevin on October 24, 2007, 12:40:09 PM
Thicko shop assistants who will break a 20 instead of just letting you off the 3p

Sure why dont they just take it out their wage for you then  ::)
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Gnevin

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on October 24, 2007, 01:18:39 PM

Eh i didnt say that Louth Exile did
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Louth Exile

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on October 24, 2007, 01:18:39 PM

You see any place that has decent managment won't be worried about a euro here or there (once that is all it is) Is it not more important to keep the customers happy. The best example is where you do a €200 shop in Tesco and they skin for the 3cents at the end of it, yet when you go into the fruit and veg shop and it come to €10.10 they simply give you back a €10 note instead of €9.90 in change. Its simple customer service, margins are not that tight in the retail trade
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Hardy on October 24, 2007, 11:53:02 AMAnyway, my gear-grinder for today is people who drive into your street/road/ghetto and disrupt the peace and tranquility of the whole neighbourhood by beeping their horns to attract the attention of whoever it is they've come to see. Lazy bastards - have they never heard of doorbells? Often they're young lads calling to pick up their mots, but mostly they're taxi drivers.

Pure ignorance that and used to do my head in. Used to get my mates to drive in and flash their lights or ring, now I couldn't care less if they beep their horn or not. If u can't beat em... What was worse though was the neighbours visitors parking across my driveway, a call to the clampers sorted that one out...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Gabriel_Hurl

You know what grinds my gears

Fecking weemin

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 24, 2007, 04:47:15 PM
Quote from: Hardy on October 24, 2007, 11:53:02 AMAnyway, my gear-grinder for today is people who drive into your street/road/ghetto and disrupt the peace and tranquility of the whole neighbourhood by beeping their horns to attract the attention of whoever it is they've come to see. Lazy bastards - have they never heard of doorbells? Often they're young lads calling to pick up their mots, but mostly they're taxi drivers.

Pure ignorance that and used to do my head in. Used to get my mates to drive in and flash their lights or ring, now I couldn't care less if they beep their horn or not. If u can't beat em... What was worse though was the neighbours visitors parking across my driveway, a call to the clampers sorted that one out...

What is it with people who do that, and sometimes when you ask them to move they make you feel as if you are disrupting them in someway
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 24, 2007, 05:09:56 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 24, 2007, 04:47:15 PM

What is it with people who do that, and sometimes when you ask them to move they make you feel as if you are disrupting them in someway

Tell me about it, not even a hint of an apology. Will actually take glee in having it towed if it happens again...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

The Real Laoislad

Was trying to do something with my business online account and had to ring customer service,Was told that section closed at 5pm i informed her it was only 4.55pm
Well their closed,ring back tomorrow was her response....Da Bitch >:(
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Snowed Under

Quote from: Hardy on October 24, 2007, 12:32:57 PM
I was away and missed it and to my surprise found it so fascinating that I read every word of it this morning. And that's what I took as the crux of it. POG said he couldn't see the necessity for putting parent-and-toddler parking near the door, to the exclusion of additional disabled parking spaces. He also said that, because he couldn't see the need for it he didn't mind using these spaces himself. For that he was attacked and accused of mother-hating, child-hating, and all sorts of unspeakable personal traits. And then he was diagnosed (remotely, online) as being impotent - or was it infertile? A bit OTT, no?

Anyway (not directed at you), I don't understand the tendency of old ladies here to clutch at their collars and declare that this or that debate has gone on long enough. I enjoy the cut and thrust of a good robust barney and I'm capable of deciding for myself when it has gone on long enough for me. Then I'll stop reading.

2 points Hardy - firstly his holiness openly stated there were too many disables spaces!!! and no one took him to task on this - this an individual who flies the moral high horse flag on most all threads; secondly the point is these spaces are allocated by the shopping centre for mother and toddlers.  POG thinks if parents park in them they are selfish - why for parking in an allocated space; yet he is happy to be park in them himself; does that not smart of double standards?  He then had a go at parents for having a baby on board sticker, like ffs if that doesn't say something about the man what does?

pintsofguinness

I didn't have a go at parents about the baby on board things, I simply asked what they were about?

I don't think I said parent's who used the spaces were selfish, or at least I didn't intend to, what I meant was, the type of parent's who think they've a God given right to a space at the door of a shop are typical of today's generation of selfish parents.

btw I like the way you've "man" in italics, I suppose that's because I've low sperm count  ::)
I have to say, your continued taunting of someone, you believe can't have children, is absolutely vile.  I wouldn't do it to my worst enemy. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?