You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

People who cough and sneeze in public places without covering up and doing it into a hankie/tissue or something. Where have they been since science discovered the transmission mechanism for colds and flu? Right - coughing and sneezing! Their attitude seems to be "I've got it, so I don't see why everyone else shouldn't have it". Selfish, inconsiderate hoors. There used to be a law against spitting to restrict transmission of TB. Why not a law against sneezing and coughing out into the air we all have to share in a confined space? It would save the public purse a fortune.

(Maybe I missed your irony there Lynchbhoy).

lynchbhoy

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

Square Ball

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 18, 2007, 05:01:26 PM
Balls, thats a poor mans excuse  ;)

exactly, as a poor man i cannot afford a car, so a bus will do   ;D
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

pintsofguinness

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 18, 2007, 04:05:37 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 17, 2007, 07:27:16 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 17, 2007, 07:14:22 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 17, 2007, 07:13:32 PM
Wires and cables coming out of everything you look at!
You would never make a Electrician so :D
A trained chimp could be an Electrician laoislad!
:P
jeez yer not much of a south armagh man then...

sure maybe you can get the missus to turn the hand to be a sparks
she sounds like she's rubbish at everything else based on what you say ! ;)

still think she's only with ya because she feels sorry for you :D
It's my charm and good looks.

I can't stand people breathing heavily through their nose, it drives me mad!
Someone sitting beside you in mass coughing and sneezing into their hand and then it comes to shaking hands....ffs!
The worst I've ever seen was standing in a cue at a Deli counter.  It was a few summers ago and a really hot day.  The fella was rushed of his feet and you could see the sweat sitting out on his forehead.  He goes to make up a sandwich for the person in front of me, puts on those plastic gloves and THEN wipes the sweat of his forehead with his covered hand and dips it in the chicken!

I walked away!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tyrones own

Or when they're short handed in the deli and the lad making the sandwiches is also dealing with the money
then right back to the next poor bastard without washing his paws >:(
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on July 19, 2007, 07:30:19 AM
rough toilet paper

Or worse....No Toilet paper...!!Especially when your in someone else's house
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Croí na hÉireann

Meeting friends of the womans, they all expect a hug and a kiss, wtf? I'm Irish, not Italian, what's wrong with a fcukin handshake???
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Terry Tate

Not sure if its been motioned but this is the mother of all gear grinding as far as I am concerned

People whom wont pull over when holding up traffic. If it's an old person I don't get as mental as I would if it's a younger person. Can they not see that they are f**king holding everyone else up? They are the people who cause accidents, not the lunatic flying down the road!. It leads to road rage. Well in my case anyway.

Hardy

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 19, 2007, 12:40:18 PM
Meeting friends of the womans, they all expect a hug and a kiss, wtf? I'm Irish, not Italian, what's wrong with a fcukin handshake???

I agree. I hate all this pretentious kissing shite. I never know now who I'm supposed to kiss or handshake at so mostly I just grunt and back off and look very very unkissable (which isn't hard). I see young wans now and they're kissing each other three or four times and making that f****n awful "maw-mwa" sound even when they're just coming back from the jacks.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Terry Tate on July 19, 2007, 12:52:52 PM
They are the people who cause accidents, not the lunatic flying down the road!. It leads to road rage. Well in my case anyway.

Its annoying but the lunatics cause their share of accidents too.

What I really hate is when overtaking on the motorway the guy behind me in the fast last starts flashing me to get out of the way, while the f**king truck I am overtaking is beside me!
What the feck, I'm doing the limit and will get out of the way when I pass him, but If you dont mind I'll not go underneath him to save you  .2 of a second  >:(
Ask me holy bollix

illdecide

The toilets in work have a timer set on the lights so if no-one goes in after 20mins they turn themselves of. So i was sending one around the U Bend yesterday and of course playing tenis on my mob phone when the f***ing lights went out, pitch f***ing black couldn't see an inch in front of me and i kept thinkin how am i gonna do this when the lights came back on and someone walked into the toilets. first thought was don't be my boss so i wiped her clean and got out and it was just one of the work mates, he nearly collapased laughing had to hold the f***er up :D ;D.

So timer lights does it for me
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Mentalman

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 19, 2007, 12:40:18 PM

LOL definitely there with ya on that. Fcuk the handshake even, a little kind of wave type thing is all they'll get from me. Irish people are gone far too touchy feely, it's not good, where's the stoicism espoused by the Irish men of my father's generation? Any fcuker intruding in their personal space better have a good reason, or they were losing the offending appendages/limbs!
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

his holiness nb

Quote from: illdecide on July 19, 2007, 01:13:16 PM
The toilets in work have a timer set on the lights so if no-one goes in after 20mins they turn themselves of. So i was sending one around the U Bend yesterday and of course playing tenis on my mob phone when the f***ing lights went out, pitch f***ing black couldn't an inch in front of me and i kept thinkin how am i gonna do this when the lights came back on and someone walked into the toilets. first thought was don't be my boss so i wiped her clean and got out and it was just one of the work mates, he nearly collapased laughing had to hold the f***er up :D ;D.

So timer lights does it for me

20 minutes on the bog??
Must have been a monday morning  ;)

Edit, I see it wasnt a monday, impressive nontheless!
Ask me holy bollix