No - Typical Nordies causing mischief as usual
21 (13.4%)
Should not have to. GAA HQ should already have called a replay
106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

Kidder81

Quote from: smort on January 31, 2023, 01:32:17 PM
Shane Walsh currently in Dubai going by social media.

Will the issue be resolved before they meet in next (this) year's all ireland semi final?

Teaching ?

bennydorano

Still can't see this game being played. Glen for the moral high ground, point made but we don't want to play the game. Big risk of the whole project going South if they're not 100% United on it.

Itchy

I am surprised as this game will not be re-played.

seafoid

Quote from: downtothecore on January 31, 2023, 01:37:25 PM
I think kc manager was so spooked so much by last years outcome that it contributed to the panic of rushing on subs unfortunately has led to this outcome.
That sounds quite likely.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on January 31, 2023, 12:21:26 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 31, 2023, 12:00:11 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 31, 2023, 11:53:29 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 31, 2023, 11:34:18 AM
Crazy, Glen have a right to appeal and no one can take that off them. But personally, I wouldn't want to replay the whole game for 25 seconds of a mistake, that in all probability wouldn't have costed the match. If KC refuse to play and Glen have a walk over that will be the biggest a balls up to the season ever

Really?

Yeah really, the odds are massively stacked against a team looking a last minute goal. My own team gave one up few years ago, heartbreaking as it is it just doesn't happen that often, in all my days playing and ref'ing its rare, we all have memories where it has happened but its not as common.

But look Glen are right to appeal, its in the rules that extra players on the pitch that shouldn't have been there has the option of fine forfeit and replay, personally I wouldn't go looking a replay, old school and all that.

At no point do I think KC cheated in this, this was a mistake by the officials for not ensuring both players left the field like they normally do, no one was instructed to stay on the pitch.
Even if there was no last minute effect, the probability of a last minute goal would not be zero. Last minute goals are tail risk. Here is an example from another sport https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5VZc28Lis4&t=180s

The key point imo is that the match was not decided because of the tail risk. Even if it was for 30 seconds. And Glen couldn't be expected to take their beating if they hadn't been beaten. That's why there has to be a replay. 

Cheating would have to be investigated. I have no idea whether KC cheated or not.  Nobody does.

But you are confident that the result would have changed had the extra player for that amount of time prevented Glen from winning?

I've said already the balls up needed to be looked at and hopefully the main conclusions will be, subs through the middle of the pitch (says in in rules anyway, unless injured, player can leave at nearest point) subs off first before putting subs on.

Adding 20 seconds for each sub, 10 subs overall would put on just over 3 minutes as a bare minimum (should all subs be in the second half) on top of the injury time
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AustinPowers

When is the  rematch meant to happen?

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 31, 2023, 02:34:11 PM
Crazy, Glen have a right to appeal and no one can take that off them. But personally, I wouldn't want to replay the whole game for 25 seconds of a mistake, that in all probability wouldn't have costed the match. If KC refuse to play and Glen have a walk over that will be the biggest a balls up to the season ever

Really?

Yeah really, the odds are massively stacked against a team looking a last minute goal. My own team gave one up few years ago, heartbreaking as it is it just doesn't happen that often, in all my days playing and ref'ing its rare, we all have memories where it has happened but its not as common.

But look Glen are right to appeal, its in the rules that extra players on the pitch that shouldn't have been there has the option of fine forfeit and replay, personally I wouldn't go looking a replay, old school and all that.

At no point do I think KC cheated in this, this was a mistake by the officials for not ensuring both players left the field like they normally do, no one was instructed to stay on the pitch.
Even if there was no last minute effect, the probability of a last minute goal would not be zero. Last minute goals are tail risk. Here is an example from another sport https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5VZc28Lis4&t=180s

The key point imo is that the match was not decided because of the tail risk. Even if it was for 30 seconds. And Glen couldn't be expected to take their beating if they hadn't been beaten. That's why there has to be a replay. 

Cheating would have to be investigated. I have no idea whether KC cheated or not.  Nobody does.

But you are confident that the result would have changed had the extra player for that amount of time prevented Glen from winning?

I've said already the balls up needed to be looked at and hopefully the main conclusions will be, subs through the middle of the pitch (says in in rules anyway, unless injured, player can leave at nearest point) subs off first before putting subs on.

Adding 20 seconds for each sub, 10 subs overall would put on just over 3 minutes as a bare minimum (should all subs be in the second half) on top of the injury time
Say the chance of a goal in the last minute is 1 in 5. With 15 vs 15 they would have had a 1/5 chance of scoring a goal and winning.
With 15 v 16 they had no chance.

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on January 31, 2023, 02:22:11 PM
I am surprised as this game will not be re-played.
The decision to replay means that the match has not been won . So there must be no winner.
If KC refuse to play the rematch presumably they would forfeit it.

Cavan19

Quote from: seafoid on January 31, 2023, 02:38:12 PM

Really?

Say the chance of a goal in the last minute is 1 in 5. With 15 vs 15 they would have had a 1/5 chance of scoring a goal and winning.

One thing that i'm sick of reading in relation to this is peoples little scenarios  about how the game might have ended if it had of been 15 vs 15 at the end.

north_antrim_hound

Tell ya one thing, teams will be more focused now on the substitution procedure and if Croke park look at the world cups extra time methodically then this would end all the flaffing about with subs in the first place.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

bennydorano

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on January 31, 2023, 02:46:08 PM
Tell ya one thing, teams will be more focused now on the substitution procedure and if Croke park look at the world cups extra time methodically then this would end all the flaffing about with subs in the first place.
A rigid process will be introduced, nothing surer.

trailer

Quote from: Cavan19 on January 31, 2023, 02:41:36 PM

Really?

One thing that i'm sick of reading in relation to this is peoples little scenarios  about how the game might have ended if it had of been 15 vs 15 at the end.

AMEN!

WT4E

Quote from: Kidder81 on January 31, 2023, 01:42:06 PM
Quote from: smort on January 31, 2023, 01:32:17 PM
Shane Walsh currently in Dubai going by social media.

Will the issue be resolved before they meet in next (this) year's all ireland semi final?

Teaching ?

50k to play for Dubai Celts until March!

jmcgdoire

Really?

You think the chances went from 20% to 0.0% ?

Why don't we say it was something more like from 4% to 2%.
In other words, Kilmacud's probability of winning the game increased from 96% to 98%. Not a major difference.
They deserved to win and would've won regardless of the mistaken 16th man.

tyrone08

Amazing the amount of people saying crokes deserved their win while ignoring the extra players and the fact they were incorrectly given a penalty.