Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Chelsea's transfer business in this window is like fantasy football. Even Potter must be thinking what the hell is going on.

mrdeeds

Apparently they start every transfer window now at minus 80 million with FFP so are risking that every signing is a sucess. If not will be in trouble.

nrico2006

Fernandez worth a 100 million less few months ago. His season stats in Portugal would suggest he should be going for the same as he was bought for. Most over-priced transfer since Dembele.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Look-Up!

Chelsea are nuts. Unless Newcastle or Man Utd implode the top 4 is probably out of their reach. Looks like they've banked on going all out for "quality", going on a run of runs and securing CL football. But looks more like they way overpaid yet again, added to an already bloated squad of high end, underperforming PL players and the whole mess will have to be refigured out by an already overwhelmed unproven manager. If I were a betting man I see points deductions and administration a few years down the line.

Any idea where you can get the new data for PL club wages. Chelsea must have blitzed everyone by now.

AustinPowers

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 01, 2023, 12:13:50 AM
Chelsea's transfer business in this window is like fantasy football. Even Potter must be thinking what the hell is going on.

JAnuary window  is usually a farce  but transfers in general are just so ... meh.  Maybe it's getting older or maybe  I don't care as much ,  but 99% of transfers I'm like , who the hell is that?

Ah to go back to the days  when Dean Saunders has signed for Villa , or Ruel Fox has left Norwixh , and  John Hartson is on the move again.  Players you knew , with names you could pronounce.  I just can't  get any connection with a team full of  players  from Uruguay Kazakhstan and Djibouti  with unpronounceable names

trailer

Quote from: Look-Up! on February 01, 2023, 01:57:14 PM
Chelsea are nuts. Unless Newcastle or Man Utd implode the top 4 is probably out of their reach. Looks like they've banked on going all out for "quality", going on a run of runs and securing CL football. But looks more like they way overpaid yet again, added to an already bloated squad of high end, underperforming PL players and the whole mess will have to be refigured out by an already overwhelmed unproven manager. If I were a betting man I see points deductions and administration a few years down the line.

Any idea where you can get the new data for PL club wages. Chelsea must have blitzed everyone by now.

Big trouble coming for Chelsea.

Taylor

Quote from: trailer on February 01, 2023, 02:37:04 PM

The reason they are signing players on these incredibly long contracts is to get past FFP rules.

It is a loophole that will be closed

trailer

Quote from: Taylor on February 01, 2023, 03:12:27 PM

The reason they are signing players on these incredibly long contracts is to get past FFP rules.

It is a loophole that will be closed

It's not so much the FFP it's that they're gonna end up with a shit load of players with 3 or 4 years to run on their contracts in 3 years time. Quite possibly with different manager who maybe doesn't fancy them. What do they do if they can't move them on? They will have a huge squad on massive wages.

gawa316

Read this yesterday...

'It's worth reminding everyone that you can only include 3 new players in your CL/EL squad for the knockout stages. So four out of Joao Felix, Mudryk, Enzo (if he signs), Madueke, Badiashile, Fofana and Santos will not be involved in Europe for Chelsea'

seafoid

this is usually good. Not sure if it has been updated
https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-chelsea/startseite/verein/631/saison_id/2022
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

If I were Potter I'd be out of there. Absolutely bonkers.

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 01, 2023, 03:32:25 PM

If I were Potter I'd be out of there. Absolutely bonkers.
No chance. Stay until he's chased, he'll get millions.

Captain Scarlet

He'll get a massive payout and then say that he had no control over transfers and what could he do.
All the Brit media heads will jump to his defence (He needed more time, etc) and he will get a decent job elsewhere.

Arsenal got in Trossard and Jorginho who is still useful which was tidy business.

It's going to be a great run-in to the season. Not so sure about City catching Arsenal and I think Newcastle will fall off at some point. United will hold the top 4...then after that it's hard to know.
You just can't trust so many of them week in week out.

I reckon Everton will be safe with Dyche and then he will spend money in the summer before being turfed out...

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

nrico2006

Chelsea have a bad record with big money signings, and there is a good chance a lot of those signed recently will be average at best. Its like the United signings from Fergie to Solskjaer, big names for an owner playing fantasy football. Each one of them needs the right attitude. I actually am not too worried about Chelsea on the pitch, doesn't seem to be any strategy to the signings and impossible to integrate so many at once, never mind the fact they already had a big squad.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

thewobbler

Chelsea bought the PL before and that seems to be the plan again.

World has changed though. Or not so much the world. The PL, and the appearance of multiple oligarchs who can cancel each other out.

They seemed to have accepted this somewhat under Abramovich in recent years. But all out the window.

I hope they fail miserably and the club falls apart.