Kerry v Throne AIQF - Saturday July 1st

Started by Ciarrai_thuaidh, June 26, 2023, 07:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

Quote from: sam03/05 on July 28, 2023, 12:09:27 PM
Think any management team that delivered AI at u21 and senior level deserves their chance to rebuild
But ultimately it doesn't really matter what us armchair pundits think really

Can't imagine them not getting the 3 years given their history.

Would be very surprised if there is an All-Ireland win in Tyrone in the next three years.

Might manage an Ulster in that time.

An Watcher

Think Tyrone have to reset their goals somewhat with derrys emergence in recent years.  Go full pelt for ulster and anything after that is a bonus.  We've slipped down a peg or two in the race for sam

NotedObserver

Would a year in Div2 been the worst thing? Or is it better for younger players to be tested against the best?

smort

Done Dublin no harm

They've been able to strengthen their squad this year, I know players have come back in, but they have got more football into younger players

Captain Obvious

Quote from: smort on July 28, 2023, 04:29:14 PM
Done Dublin no harm

They've been able to strengthen their squad this year, I know players have come back in, but they have got more football into younger players

Dublins squad was mainly strengthen by those that returned. with a lack U20 success it makes me wonder where Dublin will be in the next couple of years once their many 30 year olds move on.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on July 28, 2023, 08:07:32 PM
Quote from: smort on July 28, 2023, 04:29:14 PM
Done Dublin no harm

Dublin were no bad team last year. The All Ireland champions beat them by a point in a game that could have gone either way.

I don't see how division 2 improves you.

Very true, only for Niall Scully's head-stagger in the dying embers to swing for that reckless point, giving Kerry the initiative to get the ball down the other end, where Seán Ó Sé delivered that exocet of a free to clinch it.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Jell 0 Biafra

A county might use a sojourn in Div2 to give the young'uns a try, assuming they were fairly confident of coming straight back up again.  I would have liked to see this for us this year.

Dessie didn't really do this though.  The young lads typically were subbed in with only a few minutes of a game remaining.   Insofar as Dublin have improved this season, it's due to the lads coming back from retirement/injury.