The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportacus

Quote from: AustinPowers on January 21, 2023, 03:44:00 PM
Quote from: LC on January 21, 2023, 10:56:45 AM
Quote from: mrdeeds on January 20, 2023, 10:01:26 PM
Jesus that interview with Lee just ended abruptly.

Agreed, up to that point I thought it was very good.  He was very open and honest that possibly the commitment of county football may have been at the expense of his own personal / work career and is realising now that this now must take priority.  At the end of the day we will all go for a mortgage and at that stage playing for your county and the number of medals you won is irrelevant.

Was an average enough interview.  Tubridy  just can't interview  sports people.  Hand Keegan a spot on Tommy Tiernans  show and we'll see a proper interview
I thought it was good. Let Lee chat away and say his piece, and he spoke well. What did he not ask? 

From the Bunker

Tubridy is happily held back by staying within the question constraints that a modern RTE presenter can ask his guests.
His interviews are scripted and time managed also. You see when anything goes off script, the guest is reeled back and pointed in a different direction.

AustinPowers

Quote from: Sportacus on January 21, 2023, 06:24:03 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on January 21, 2023, 03:44:00 PM
Quote from: LC on January 21, 2023, 10:56:45 AM
Quote from: mrdeeds on January 20, 2023, 10:01:26 PM
Jesus that interview with Lee just ended abruptly.

Agreed, up to that point I thought it was very good.  He was very open and honest that possibly the commitment of county football may have been at the expense of his own personal / work career and is realising now that this now must take priority.  At the end of the day we will all go for a mortgage and at that stage playing for your county and the number of medals you won is irrelevant.

Was an average enough interview.  Tubridy  just can't interview  sports people.  Hand Keegan a spot on Tommy Tiernans  show and we'll see a proper interview
I thought it was good. Let Lee chat away and say his piece, and he spoke well. What did he not ask?

Could he  have  mentioned it any more times  that Keegan didn't win an  All Ireland? . He also asked about whether he'd  like to do punditry , when he's been doing it for a year or two already

Tubridy  isn't a sports fan and it clearly shows.

I suppose since Tommy Tiernan  has had some great interviews  in recent times ,  anything else seems quite bland and mundane by comparison

mrdeeds

Is Tommy gonna be finished now after latest news?

Main Street

Quote from: mrdeeds on January 21, 2023, 08:35:09 PM
Tommy has already survived through a dozen Spanish Inquisitions,  what has he done now?

mrdeeds

Quote from: Main Street on January 22, 2023, 12:17:12 AM
Tommy has already survived through a dozen Spanish Inquisitions,  what has he done now?

Racist joke. Sponsor pulled out of RTE over it.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mrdeeds on January 22, 2023, 10:54:56 AM

A very poor joke to boot.

Main Street

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 22, 2023, 11:03:35 AM

I have just read it and yes it was a píss poor joke as well as being racist, he should've followed his daughter's advice and dropped it. It's not so much as the joke being racially offensive but its woke up effect on the  rabid Irish anti-immigrant racist slime  who bombarded the Afro ethnic complainant with a barrage of racist slurs and the incident was commandeered into an altogether different murky racist context. I read that Tommy (genuinely) apologized relatively quickly without reservation. Probably the first time he has apologized for any of his edgy banter which crossed lines with a bullet on previous occasions.

AustinPowers

Quote from: Main Street on January 23, 2023, 11:07:06 PM

I have just read it and yes it was a píss poor joke as well as being racist, he should've followed his daughter's advice and dropped it. It's not so much as the joke being racially offensive but its woke up effect on the  rabid Irish anti-immigrant racist slime  who bombarded the Afro ethnic complainant with a barrage of racist slurs and the incident was commandeered into an altogether different murky racist context. I read that Tommy (genuinely) apologized relatively quickly without reservation. Probably the first time he has apologized for any of his edgy banter which crossed lines with a bullet on previous occasions.

Any link to what he  said?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AustinPowers on January 23, 2023, 11:08:28 PM
Quote from: Main Street on January 23, 2023, 11:07:06 PM

Any link to what he  said?
"So I was at the zoo the other day and looking at the penguins they are like little nuns walking around with rosary beads.

Then the wolves so Irish fierce/strong then we went to the African Savannah and ..... it was full of taxis drivers!'"

Captain Scarlet

The woman in question is rightly arguing this is an issue overall but I think people are insane not to recognise the role bots and trolls play.
One lad on Twitter was taking screen shots of comments and saying Tiernan has to stop his followers.
FFS @antoti789 and the likes are not even people! This is going to roll on.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on January 24, 2023, 12:21:54 AM
The woman in question is rightly arguing this is an issue overall but I think people are insane not to recognise the role bots and trolls play.
One lad on Twitter was taking screen shots of comments and saying Tiernan has to stop his followers.
FFS @antoti789 and the likes are not even people! This is going to roll on.

what woman in question? What are you talking about?
Hasta la victoria siempre

Gabriel_Hurl

Emer O'Neill

Tiernan emailed her and talked to her on the phone apologising for the joke and that he'd never use it again

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c9xw251w9yyo

Captain Scarlet

TV host Emer O'Neill was the person who Tommy apologised to. She walked out of the show where he said the joke.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Never beat the deeler

Hasta la victoria siempre