Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

On a tender a pre tender estimate is normally provided with breakdown.

tbrick18

Quote from: johnnycool on Today at 11:36:52 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on Today at 11:33:18 AM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on Today at 08:29:20 AMThe message I'm taking from that is that the British Government is delaying the stadium at the minute.
However, are the GAA themselves not in the middle of a tendering process which is delaying it anyway? Is the British Government holding that up? Is there a point in the British Government declaring what they can put forward until the total cost is known?

Is it out for Tender at the moment? If I was a company considering tendering for this, I'd be looking at it thinking I've no idea what the budget will be as the funding isnt there. Is it worth the risk of tendering (with all the associated costs of that) to perhaps get excluded as our price exceeds a budget yet to be agreed.

Surely you tender based on your cost modellling of the actual plans and specifications, no?

The budget can't be locked down until those tenders are in, but CHH is backtracking like a good one, although the Minister responsible, Mr Lyons doesn't seem to be pushing too hard either.

I'd say yes, but if people are saying only build what you have the money for - then the plans and specs could be changing? Also if there's no likelihood of getting the funding to build against existing specs - it could be another 10yr delay and a waste of time and effort for a tenderer.

The whole thing is a sh*tshow in terms of how it was managed from day 1.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: tbrick18 on Today at 12:25:00 PMI'd say yes, but if people are saying only build what you have the money for - then the plans and specs could be changing? Also if there's no likelihood of getting the funding to build against existing specs - it could be another 10yr delay and a waste of time and effort for a tenderer.

The whole thing is a sh*tshow in terms of how it was managed from day 1.

Absolutely, and much of that is at the door of the Ulster Council.

LC

Tendering contractors will probably low ball their tender on basis that no doubt that the design could change and that with the Client being under time pressures they will throwing whatever £££ is necessary to get it completed in time.