Hooley in the Valley........

Started by leenie, August 09, 2010, 11:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leenie

This year will see the festival take place from Thursday 12th August - Sunday 15th August. The programme has increased with the Hooley kicking off with a teenage disco on Thursday the 12th August.

The big country night of dancing remains on the Friday night with Ireland's number one Jimmy Buckley and his band on the 13th.

More Power To Your Elbow are back on the Saturday night by huge public demand. Sunday 15th sees the Monster Bingo moving to the afternoon and the festival will close on a high with a ceílí and old thyme dance in the evening.

The Festival programme has tried to ensure the entertainment on offer will suit a wide range of tastes and can surely claim to be a festival for all the community. A warm welcome awaits one and all at the 'Hooley In The Valley'.

The festival takes place at Augher Father Hackett Park!

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

blewuporstuffed

more power  was a great night last night with a massive crowd, should be good again this year
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

leenie

all roads lead to augher this weekend..........woohoo

DirtyDozen12

Oh completely fulla drink last year at it so I was....  Great few nights last year, well organised and great place for hosting it, hope to see the big crowds again this year  :)
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

hairyhog

Jesus this is a quare biased thread, any chance of anyone outside the planning committee commenting on it? :D :D

In fairness last year was some craic I just hope I don't end up as blind as the last time....... the less said the better  :( ;D

maggie

More power always do a v good show. Plus they make grown men think they can Riverdance...

Hope all 3nites go well.

offtheground

Jimmy Buckley?
Seriously like, that hoor should be shot with a ball of his own dung....

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: hairyhog on August 12, 2010, 10:59:29 PM
Jesus this is a quare biased thread, any chance of anyone outside the planning committee commenting on it? :D :D

In fairness last year was some craic I just hope I don't end up as blind as the last time....... the less said the better  :( ;D

Ill be keeping a close eye on your hairy hog and will ask the bouncers to intervene if i see you getting any way out of hand  ;)
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: maggie on August 12, 2010, 11:52:46 PM
More power always do a v good show. Plus they make grown men think they can Riverdance...

Hope all 3nites go well.

i think its usually the copious amounts of alchol that make grown men think they can river dance
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

leenie

the hooley is awaitin............

maggie

Lots of v sore heads in the valley today. More Power were great.

hairyhog

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on August 13, 2010, 11:17:00 AM
Quote from: hairyhog on August 12, 2010, 10:59:29 PM

Ill be keeping a close eye on your hairy hog and will ask the bouncers to intervene if i see you getting any way out of hand  ;)
>:(

leenie

hairyhog ya had a great nite......... thou ya spent more time at the chippy than ya did inside..

thanks to everyone who made it a great festival..................

don't 4get ceili tonight!