Laois u21 hurlers 2016

Started by TheGreatGame, May 23, 2016, 10:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGreatGame

Very little build up for the game v Carlow on Wednesday, which is no bad thing!  Quite a bit of work has been put in with these lads, albeit it has been very difficult to get the group together due to the number of players involved with the seniors.  It's the dream draw for ourselves, Carlow, Offaly and Kildare with the three big guns on the other side of the draw (where W'meath will be quietly confident too).  The loss last year to Carlow should guard against complacency. 

Colm Stapleton and Ciaran Collier will be big losses, but Laois should have enough to win this one.

burdizzo

Is Mark Kavanagh out? Heard he did his shoulder.

TheGreatGame

I think he will be okay to play burdizzo.  The size of our forwards would be my main worry, particularly what is likely to be our half forward line.  On the other hand the likes of Mullaney, Leigh Bergin and McEvoy should make up a really strong half back line.

redsetanta

I suppose they will have to play to their strengths so no point in pumping high balls into small forwards. This group were decent minors and with the favourable draw as TGG says they should be targeting a Leinster Final appearance.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

blueandwhite1

Build up is perfect. Anyone able to hazard a guess at the team?

redsetanta

TheGG are Collier and Stapleton out for a long stretch or is it a short term injury? I am assuming they are injured.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

merman

Colm Stapleton is suspended.
Ciaran Collier is injured but I don't think it's anything long-term...

Clubber Lang

Lets hope we don't see a repeat of last year. Carlow have been very competitive at U21 grade last couple of years and will relish playing Laois. A lot of work has gone into this group of players the last number of years and hopefully they can seize the opportunity presented to them with such a favourable Leinster championship draw.   

merman

E Rowland
R Broderick
R Mullaney
J Kelly
D Palmer
C McEvoy
L Bergin
G Dunne
K Freeman
K Duggan (Galmoy)
J Lennon
A Corby
M Kavanagh
E Fennelly
K Bergin

Maybe something like that?
I know full well I've forgotten a few....

Joe Campion is a huge loss.

Tobias

Collier, Stapo and Campion are big losses. Are any of the minors involved? Lee Cleere would prob be up to the standard. Is Liam O Connell not involved? I thought he would be pushing for a spot on the senior team this year. Stephen Bergin, Darragh Cripps are a couple more that spring to mind.

merman

Minors are ineligible.
O' Connell is out injured I think.

burdizzo

As far as I know, Cripps has made himself unavailable. Kevin Bergin has gone to America.

redsetanta

This is the minor team that played Wexford back in 2013.

Enda Rowland (St Lazerian's Abbeyleix); Gavin Dunne (The Harps), Ryan Mullaney (Castletown Slieve Bloom), Evan Cuddy (Castletown Slieve Bloom); Dwayne Palmer (Camross), Ciaran McEvoy (Portlaoise), Colm Stapleton (Borris-in-Ossory-Kilcotton); Leigh Bergin (Shanahoe), Ronan Delahunty (The Harps), John Lennon (Rosenallis), Ciaran Collier (Camross), Aidan Corby (Clough Ballacolla); Darragh Cripps (Shanahoe), Joe Campion (Borris-in-Ossory-Kilcotton), Stephen Bergin (Clough Ballacolla)

redsetanta

Laois Under-21 Hurling team to play Carlow this evening has been named

1. Enda Rowland
2. Dwane Palmer
3. Conor Phelan
4. Ronan Broderick
5. Ciaran McEvoy
6 Leigh Bergin
7 Ryan Mullaney
8 Gavin Dunne
9 Sean Downey
10 Kevin Duggan
11 Stephen Bergin
12 Aidan Corby
13 Mark Kavanagh
14 John Lennon
15 Eoghan Fennelly

blueandwhite1

Strong team even with the few that are missing.