Allianz Football League 2017 - Division 3

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 15, 2016, 02:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

I heard a few weeks back he went back in around the same time as McMahon but I'm not so sure he is still there.

O'Loughlin looks set to miss Tipperary at the moment Quigley is hoping to be back in contention for the Sligo game on the 5th of March.
LAOIS ABÚ

les Antiques

Tierney is not on the county panel . No where near county standard even if we are lacking in some places . There's a lot more than kicking a 45 to be given an opportunity at this level nowadays .

Tony

Slightly unfair to mj. While I think he has the natural talent to be there or thereabouts, I think he's taken the foot off the pedal the last few years as he has a young family and lots of career stuff going on. If he dedicated all his time to gaa, I'd say he'd be on the panel at least. He's in his 30's now though, it's hard to come back to inter county level at that age post a break of a couple of years. It'll be interesting to see how padraig does this season, in that context.

County Man

Great to get the points in Armagh. A crucial win and gets us back on track.

Division 3 a very tight division, very little between any of the sides except Antrim.

Antrim look set for relegation and anyone could join them.

In terms of promotion, I wouldn't put any money on it. A number of teams in the hunt.

Clare got promoted last year with only 8 points.

A lot of 50/50 games. Tipperary next, hard to call. Sligo away, tricky. I would fancy a win in Antrim. Then hopefully most of the injured guys will be back for Longford at home and Offaly away in the last round.

All to play for. I like that we are building a good solid panel for the championship.

Longford in the championship the main aim. Give me a win over Longford in the championship instead of the league every day of the year. The acid test would be to play Kildare in the quater final in June. Thats where the questions will be answered.

BallyroanAbu

Tierney I think was asked in around the same time as McMahon, honestly don't know if he went in or not.   I have seen him the last two years, prob not the player he was a couple of years ago that's not saying he could not come on for the training and practice he would get in with a county panel.   If he wanted to come in and try I would not say no to him,  his relatively fresh so there might be still something to give.  Gavin Tynan is 22-24 age bracket,  he is about 6'3 still too skinny but he has ability to be honest I do wonder how come he has never been looked at plenty of lads have come and gone that would not be as good and the sort that their is still alot left in the locker if someone can get it out of him. 

les Antiques

Good to see Evan O'Carroll get a run out with Cretty at the weekend . On the road to recovery which is good news .

Unlaoised

Laois played Westmeath Friday night not sure how it went tho
LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

More injury woes today. Looks like both Meaney and Lillis willmmiss the Tipp game.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Don Draper

Quote from: redsetanta on February 21, 2017, 10:54:56 AM
More injury woes today. Looks like both Meaney and Lillis willmmiss the Tipp game.

JOL, Begley and Finn all due to be back. JOL played against Westmeath last week and Finn is back in training. O Carroll should be available for a few minutes too. Gary Walsh is still a doubt.

Swings and roundabouts.

Clubber Lang

better to have injury problems now and not come start of championship. Least it gives Creedon a chance to test his panel. If you are going to be successful you need a strong panel of 23/24 players so giving different players game time is needed anyways. You don't want to be in a position with 15/20 minutes to go where you need reinforcements/to make substitutions and you don't have to requisite strength and depth from the bench. A lot of championship games won and lost because of the caliber of player you can bring on when the game is in the melting pot. 

Unlaoised

Quote from: Clubber Lang on February 21, 2017, 03:17:03 PM
better to have injury problems now and not come start of championship. Least it gives Creedon a chance to test his panel. If you are going to be successful you need a strong panel of 23/24 players so giving different players game time is needed anyways. You don't want to be in a position with 15/20 minutes to go where you need reinforcements/to make substitutions and you don't have to requisite strength and depth from the bench. A lot of championship games won and lost because of the caliber of player you can bring on when the game is in the melting pot.

True but Lillis and Meaney played so well in Armagh and are so experienced its a big loss.Begely and O'Loughlin will not be firing on all guns and Finn and O'Carroll haven't kicked much this season at all.

It will be a massive result if on Saturday night if we can turn Tipperary over!
LAOIS ABÚ

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

redsetanta

David Conway in the inside forward line Johnno out to centrefield.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: redsetanta on February 24, 2017, 11:32:53 AM
David Conway in the inside forward line Johnno out to centrefield.

That would mean moving either Danny Luttrell or Seán Ramsbottom to center forward, can't see that happening...

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Tipperary SF Team v Laois

The Tipperary football team to play Laois in Round 3 of the Allianz Football League Division 3 encounter in O'Moore Park, Portlaoise tomorrow Saturday, February 25th, at 7pm has been announced by manager Liam Kearns.
It's as you were for Kearns' side as Tipp look to bounce back from the one point defeat to Sligo in the last round.

The team lines out as follows;

1.            Evan Comerford – Kilsheelan-Kilcash
2.            Alan Campbell – Moyle Rovers
3.            Paddy Codd – Killenaule
4.            Willie Connors – Kiladangan
5.            Kevin Fahey – Clonmel Commercials
6.            Robbie Kiely – Carbery Rangers
7.            Jimmy Feehan – Killenaule
8.            Alan Moloney – Rockwell Rovers
9.            Martin Dunne – Moyle Rovers
10.          Josh Keane – Golden-Kilfeacle
11.          Liam McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney
12.          Brian Fox (Capt.) – Éire Óg Annacarty-Donohill
13.          Conor Sweeney – Ballyporeen
14.          Michael Quinlivan – Clonmel Commercials
15.          Philip Austin – Borrisokane