Leinster S.F.C. 2015

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, April 18, 2015, 12:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catch and Kick

Yeah it looks like the wheels have come off in Carla. Laois should have no problems now. Laois started poorly but finished well. Carla started well but finished poorly!

Giovanni

Feel sorry for the likes of Carlow who are losing players like Brendan Murphy for the summer. There's no doubt that if he was from Kerry, he'd be going nowhere. We had our own exodus just a few short years ago (and actually did alright taking everything into account) but it's a bit of a sickener for everyone who's put so much into it.

Having said that, I'd rather be playing them without him so I'm not trying to encourage him back or anything......

Absolutely delighted to see Meredith and McMahon coming back. No hope to reverse O' Leary's decision to retire??

Catch and Kick

Big win over Offaly in challenge. Anyone at it?

Windbreaker

Carlow will still be tough, they'll give it a go and hopefully we'll pull away,, but looking at our situation in winning the sam maguire, i'd kinda agree with lads not joining the panel, the CB have done or tried to do anything to help improve football in this county ,, so maybe back to basic's might be a good thing, intall belief in ones own club and show what commitment is involved to become winners and what better place to do it than the club,, i'd rather a more competitve championship and show the young lads of the future that there is a future , than travel for 3 matches ( hopefully) and all say that we are in a good place, winning starts at home so get lads to think about 17th of march for a few years and then the rest will evolve

Unlaoised

Anyword on the friendly win over the biffo's I hreard Laois ran up a big score in a friendly but I didn't hear who they played?
LAOIS ABÚ

les Antiques

McMahon not back till maybe early June . Meredith  returning will be a boost for sure  but cant see him starting Saturday night . Positive vibes coming from training and it will be interesting to see the set up we adapt against Carlow who usually give Laois something to think about . The loss of Murphy and Gannon is a blow though .

Faugheen

Didn't hear anything about Gannon, is he injured ? if so he will be a massive loss to Carlow.But even with him we should beat them. Watched them play  towards the latter end of the league and they were awful.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Its not Gannon that's missing, it's Hughie Gahan. He left the panel earlier this year at the end of the League.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Giovanni

Very quiet in here on the week of a big match. Any news or rumours at all? Assuming McMahon is still not available but everyone else is fit, my team would be:

1. Brody
2. Robbie
3. Timmons
4. Paul Begley
5. Strong
6. Attride (switching with Robbie depending on matchups)
7. Begley
8. JOL
9. Quigley
10. Donoher
11. Meredith
12. O Carroll
13. Ross
14. Donie
15. Shiels

ILikeStrawberryJam

Damien O Connor deserves to start based on his displays in the league.
Maybe start him in half forward line with Meredith to come on in 2nd half.
Paul begley is a doubt .. Is hanrahan fit?

redsetanta

O'Connor has pace and a great engine so a spot should be found for him. Shiels will hardly start, will he? It would be more likely that someone like O'Connor would be named at 15 but play further back the field.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Heshs Umpire

Good luck to the lads on Saturday. I'll be following closely on twitter from a few thousand miles away hoping for a crack at the West Dubs in the next round.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Heshs Umpire

Laois Senior Football Manager Tomas O'Flatharta has announced his starting 15 for Saturday's Leinster SFC clash with Carlow at 7pm.

1. Graham Brody (Portlaoise)

2. Damien O'Connor (Timahoe)

3. Mark Timmons (Graiguecullen)

4. Stephen Attride (Killeshin)

5. Darren Strong (Emo)

6. Robbie Kehoe (O'Dempsey's)

7. Colm Begley (Parnells)

8. Brendan Quigley (Timahoe)

9. John O'Loughlin (St Brigid's)

10. Niall Donoher (Courtwood)

11. Conor Boyle (Portlaoise)

12. Evan O'Carroll (Crettyard)

13. Ross Munnelly (Arles-Kilcruise)

14. Donal Kingston (Arles-Killeen)

15. Paul Kingston (Arles-Killeen)

Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Good bit of pace in that team, Damien O'Connor at corner back is a major surprise to me but he must be doing well at training in that position. Plenty of fire power up front too with Paul Kingston being a great addition to that area.  With a solid midfield to launch attacks from we should have enough to win this one.

Could be a lot worse and the best of luck to all the lads on Saturday. Hopefully we'll have a good support there as its only down the road... :)
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Giovanni

Yes, with Paul Begley unfit, we don't have too many options for the corner back positions. I wonder is Gearoid Hanrahan fit? He looked like a more natural corner back to me than Damien O Connor. Still, apart from the corner back positions, it looks to be a team with a good mix of pace and power so hoping for the best.