Hurling championship 2018

Started by seafoid, April 25, 2018, 07:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

tippabu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2018, 08:51:42 PM
Quote from: tippabu on August 08, 2018, 08:47:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2018, 08:28:52 PM
Quote from: Ball Hopper on August 08, 2018, 08:22:05 PM
Tipp ahead 2-13 to 0-9 at halftime.  Galway down to 14.

The red card was ridiculous! Be seriously embarrassed if I was sent off for that, or sent someone off for that based on what the linesman said!

How many people are sent off for jostling with their markers? Zero

It was a strike, very close to hitting him in the balls, red card all day long. The 2nd red was a disgraceful decision

Behave yourself! A strike? The guy went down like a footballer.. embarrassed for you

Look at the rules ya clown

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tippabu on August 08, 2018, 08:55:19 PM

The red card was ridiculous! Be seriously embarrassed if I was sent off for that, or sent someone off for that based on what the linesman said!

It was a strike, very close to hitting him in the balls, red card all day long. The 2nd red was a disgraceful decision

Behave yourself! A strike? The guy went down like a footballer.. embarrassed for you

If that was a strike then do was the deliberate strikes on the heads on the Galway lads in the first half, you clown!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Won the free for the drag down and the Galway lads decides to kick out. what a clown!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on August 08, 2018, 09:07:28 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 08, 2018, 09:06:37 PM
Won the free for the drag down and the Galway lads decides to kick out. what a clown!
A stupid, selfish bastid

Dirty fecker, that deserves a red card and a decent ban.. that's been the most annoying game from a refereeing view that I've seen this year..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tippabu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2018, 09:05:57 PM

If that was a strike then do was the deliberate strikes on the heads on the Galway lads in the first half, you clown!

So there were tipp lads hitting Galway lads on the head deliberately in the 1st half off the ball?....hold my hands up if that was the case and they should have been sent off

tippabu

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 08, 2018, 09:06:37 PM

Less of the clown stuff, leave that to myself and miltown!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tippabu on August 08, 2018, 09:14:17 PM

So there were tipp lads hitting Galway lads on the head deliberately in the 1st half off the ball?....hold my hands up if that was the case and they should have been sent off

A deliberate strike is a red card going by the book, off the ball on the ball or in the tunnel.. that lad went down holding his balls when he got a tap in the stomach no different to when players greet each other when they come on as subs!

All in all a feisty game when some well taken goals, where was that team against Cork? Wasn't too many on the pitch with the numbers 1-15. Must have been wholesale changes

tippabu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2018, 09:19:49 PM
Quote from: tippabu on August 08, 2018, 09:14:17 PM

A deliberate strike is a red card going by the book, off the ball on the ball or in the tunnel.. that lad went down holding his balls when he got a tap in the stomach no different to when players greet each other when they come on as subs!

All in all a feisty game when some well taken goals, where was that team against Cork? Wasn't too many on the pitch with the numbers 1-15. Must have been wholesale changes

God only knows, ger browne was unreal for us tonight. Game could have been very different though Galway had some terrible wides 1st half and we were very clinical. We really struggled after kehoes red to win ball in the forwards. Delighted we've a chance to redeem ourselves against cork but they really should have too much for us. Delighted with tonight's results though

johnnycool

Didn't see the first sending off but thought the Tipp lad was a bit hard done by. His flailing arm caught the keeper in the chest area, foul, yes, yellow, yes, red, no.
Galway had got themselves back in the game with their goal and had Tipp under the cosh and when the Tipp lad was rugby tackling the Galway forward giving a simple free to tap over would have made it a 2 point game only to lose the head and boot the lad in the swingers. Red all day long.

That was momentum lost, free reduced to throw in ball and cleared up the field.

Hard to see Tipp improving enough to bother Cork in the final though.

The final will be in Thurles though.

tippabu

Quote from: johnnycool on August 09, 2018, 09:00:03 AM
Didn't see the first sending off but thought the Tipp lad was a bit hard done by. His flailing arm caught the keeper in the chest area, foul, yes, yellow, yes, red, no.
Galway had got themselves back in the game with their goal and had Tipp under the cosh and when the Tipp lad was rugby tackling the Galway forward giving a simple free to tap over would have made it a 2 point game only to lose the head and boot the lad in the swingers. Red all day long.

Final 26th in limerick is what I'm hearing but nothing confirmed

johnnycool

Quote from: tippabu on August 10, 2018, 02:09:30 PM

Thought the U21 final was always to be in Thurles no matter the participants, has that changed?

Owenmoresider

Quote from: johnnycool on August 10, 2018, 04:01:49 PM

Thought the U21 final was always to be in Thurles no matter the participants, has that changed?
Think that was unless Tipp were in it, Galway did a fair bit of grumbling after playing there in the 2010 final a week after the senior final and the Tipp bandwagon was in full flow.

tippabu

Quote from: Owenmoresider on August 11, 2018, 12:04:09 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on August 10, 2018, 04:01:49 PM

Think that was unless Tipp were in it, Galway did a fair bit of grumbling after playing there in the 2010 final a week after the senior final and the Tipp bandwagon was in full flow.

It was agreed in 2010 at the start of the year thurles would be the venue, it wasn't a case of it being awarded once the finalists were known. Galway support (and players!!) Boycotted the game in protest.

For me there's no way for an AI final is shouldn't be anything but a neutral venue. No question this game should be in limerick. Tipp Kilkenny and Wexford kilkenny are the only ones where an obvious neutral venue isn't there...portlaoise or dublin probably

Milltown Row2

Under a week to go and I've managed to secure a ticket for the final.. looking forward to this, just to see if Galway can back up what they did last year or can Limerick shock everyone and get over the line.. they missed the boat a few years ago 95/96?, I was at the match and remember that they wouldn't have a better chance to win, Carey was brilliant and Kirby missed a few, think he ended up with a broken hand..

The craic should be mighty