HENRY GONE!

Started by ExiledGael, June 22, 2007, 06:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syd

Thing i liked and respected about Henry is he let his football do the talking, he idnt go for all the commercial shit the English players get caught up in. There was a good article the other day talking about Beckhams chances of changing the Yanks perception of "sawker", the journalist said someone like Henry would have made a far more significant impact because he is more articulate than Beckham,because at the end of the day, if you forgive the Beckham speak !,behind Beckhams good looks he has f**k all to say !

ONeill

Spot Fearon in the Spurs crowd:

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Square Ball

No idea who he is, i thought he was a spurs supporter but i can only see casually dressed people who must be ashamed of the team they support, one bloke seems to be wearing an old Leeds shirt
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

T Fearon

The evil empire crumbles. First Dein, now Henry and surely Wenger must be packing his bags too. And we got two million more for Michael Carrick than the Goons are getting for Henry! 12 years of hurt coming to an end! ;D

T Fearon

That's Shane on the bottom row, third from the left! I always knew he was a closet yid!

PS I wonder will Henry be permitted to give Nou Camp stewards blow jobs?

STREET FIGHTER

i wouldnt be suprised if wenger enquired about michael owen. not suprised at all. henry was a legend but a player with constant injury is no good to anyone

magpie seanie

I see plenty of one finger and two finger salutes but I also think I see some idiot in the middle giving Henry the THREE fingers! Strange.

I see Mr Fearon too!

O'Neill is right. I think Wenger has got this one right and Arsenal fans are right to trust him. He is rarely if ever wrong in these matters.

deiseach

Two heads directly up from the top of Henry's head ;)

Would any photo of a section of the crowd at a big GAA match feature so few women?

Redgreenery

One of the premiership greats for sure, wonder how will he adjust to spanish football - should be ok.

ildanach

i have a worrying feeling that it will be very hard to sign anyone now. With Wenger not committed to anymore than next season, it will be hard to convince top class players what direction the club is going. Anyway merci bien for the entertainment and all those splendid goals Thierry Henry
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Jack Dempsey

barca plan is to play henry etoo and messi up front with ronaldinho in behind. 2 holding mids and 4 at the back

stew

The arse are in serious doodoo now that their best ever player has left them to go to Spain, I think at this point Arsenal will be lucky to qualify for the intertoto cup, thye have sold their best players and although they have a few excdellent emerging players the talent they have lost is too much to bear.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

flairgun

Quote from: stew on June 23, 2007, 09:01:43 PM
The arse are in serious doodoo now that their best ever player has left them to go to Spain, I think at this point Arsenal will be lucky to qualify for the intertoto cup, thye have sold their best players and although they have a few excdellent emerging players the talent they have lost is too much to bear.
Laughable over-reaction.
Henry was missing for half of last year and they still finished a comfortable fourth.
Everyone is forgetting how Van Persie was on fire before his injury last season, and another striker will be added before the beginning of the new season, probably along with another midfielder as well.
Van Persie, Adebayor, AN Other + Walcott & Bendtner.
Arsenal's biggest problem next season won't be their strikers not scoring goals, It will figuring out how to adjust their style of play to be more effective and direct.
They'd still of had that problem even if Henry was there.

J70

Only six months ago we were hearing about Arsenal's bright future when their youngsters dismantled a strongish Liverpool team in the cup.  Surely everything isn't contingent on the presence of Henry? While he was to Arsenal what Gerrard is to Liverpool or Terry or Drogba are to Chelsea, no player is irreplaceable. Maybe Arsenal won't bring in a player of Henry's current calibre, but there is no reason why someone like Wenger, assuming he stays, can't build another excellent team. How many times have teams lost top-class players, but just continued on? I am too young to remember when Keegan left Liverpool, but I can remember all the talk of the end of an era when Souness left for Sampdoria. Or what about 1995 when United lost Ince, Hughes and Kanchelskis in one go?

ildanach

saw on sky sports news that anelka maybe being lined up to replace henry.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.