The AS Roma Thread

Started by Il Bomber Destro, August 20, 2016, 07:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 25, 2022, 10:12:09 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on May 25, 2022, 10:02:56 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 25, 2022, 09:56:45 PM
Europa Conference league winners tonight and manager Jose Mourinho celebrating it like he's won another Champions league with Porto.
he's every right to, has he not? Are they not supposed to celebrate a trophy now.
To celebrate yes however can be a bit more low key for what is a third tier competition.

Do Roma win these or other competitions much? When was their last win? Does this get them into the Europa cup or does their league standings do that already?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 25, 2022, 10:19:14 PM
Do Roma win these or other competitions much? When was their last win? Does this get them into the Europa cup or does their league standings do that already?

Roma no, Mourinho who I'm on about yes. Final whistle was all about him, holding up five fingers to the cameras and crowd. Two Champions leagues, two Europa leagues and tonights conference league he must see them as the same value?

J70

That's just who Mourinho is. He'll never change.

When Porto won the CL in 2004, he rushed off the podium after the presentation, removing his medal and making a show of how his work with these lads was done, now it was on to the real stuff at Chelsea.

Its always all about him.

NAG1

Since he is the only coach to have ever done this and the first coach in Roma's history to bring them a European trophy I think he is entitled to a bit of a celebration. People give him stick and rightly so for different parts and actions of his career but he is still one of the most successful managers out there and that alone deserves respect, no matter what people think of him personally.

johnnycool

Is this the 2nd tier or 3rd tier competition in Europe?

laoislad

Quote from: johnnycool on May 26, 2022, 09:30:44 AM
Is this the 2nd tier or 3rd tier competition in Europe?
3rd I'd imagine behind the Champions League and Europa League.
A trophy is a trophy though, plenty of clubs would love to be winning it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.