Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green+Gold

Anyone have the dates for this year's championships?

rosskarr

Quote from: Green+Gold on July 28, 2022, 10:41:07 PM
Anyone have the dates for this year's championships?
The weekends of Fri 26th Aug,Sept 9th,16th,23rd,30th with the SFC Final on Oct16th.

Johnnysboys

All is not well in Mayobridge changing room. Calls for management heads and players split on if they want current management staying or not.
Burren v Kilcoo should be tasty tonight - with players back from the game at beginning of the month - there is potential of a few clashes on loose ball!!
Other winners tonight
CPN
Bryansford
Carryduff

Johnnysboys

Anyone at the Burren game? Very well refereed I hear - fair play to young Curran. A lad on the rise.

downtothecore

Burren fully deserved their win tonight. Oran murdock was outstanding at midfield and danny magill hit some good scores. Kilcoo were simply outplayed.

terrifictommy

Curran must be around 5 years now, maybe matured this season which will be good to have in a few weeks. Been part of the Ulster scene too which will benefit us in long run. There's not many else added in same time who are progressing though which is worrying. Not for now but in 5 years.

Did Kilcoo put out their strongest side, I'd have thought after last game they may keep some in reserve.

Hard2Listen2

The fight to avoid that last relegation spot from D1 is going to be very tight.
Bryansford, Downpatrick or Loughinisland could all go down.
No room for error for any of them.

TakeTheMark

I understand the tiebreaker for two or more teams is H2H, but what is the tiebreaker for 3 or more teams on same points? is it a H2H minileague or straight score difference? i see three teams are on 17 and Loughinisland on 15 so it is very possible a team could go down based on tiebreaker

wobbller

Quote from: TakeTheMark on July 30, 2022, 09:38:16 PM
I understand the tiebreaker for two or more teams is H2H, but what is the tiebreaker for 3 or more teams on same points? is it a H2H minileague or straight score difference? i see three teams are on 17 and Loughinisland on 15 so it is very possible a team could go down based on tiebreaker
2 is H2H,More than two it's point difference.

TakeTheMark

upandwin

Any decent reports from Kilcoo Burren game on Friday?

Was talking to a few older Burren patrons and they were very impressed with how the team is going. Don't know where all the reports are coming from for the discontent. According to a couple of prominent Burren men in Grounded, they see themselves as favourites for the championship. Apparently the bad blood over the last few weeks with the magpies has been the perfect motivation to take them to the next level. Are Burren worth a few pound in the bookmakers?

Who is most likely to go down from Div 1B? Starting to think RGU will go down as it looks like a straight shootout when they play Loughinisland in two weeks time!

Truth hurts

Quote from: upandwin on August 01, 2022, 04:29:43 PM

Was talking to a few older Burren patrons and they were very impressed with how the team is going. Don't know where all the reports are coming from for the discontent. According to a couple of prominent Burren men in Grounded, they see themselves as favourites for the championship. Apparently the bad blood over the last few weeks with the magpies has been the perfect motivation to take them to the next level. Are Burren worth a few pound in the bookmakers?

Who is most likely to go down from Div 1B? Starting to think RGU will go down as it looks like a straight shootout when they play Loughinisland in two weeks time!

Kilcoo had not one starter in the forward line from the All Ireland final in their starting forward line so I would hold off on organizing the victory parade through Warrenpoint. Kilcoo seconds are looking strong In premier reserves so I do not see the Kindgom collapsing just yet.

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on August 01, 2022, 04:40:53 PM
Quote from: upandwin on August 01, 2022, 04:29:43 PM

That'll be a massive game.

Could be effectively a relegation play off although Bryan's could easily lose their next two & be in the mix too.