Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

Bredagh are flying at football this year, top of division 2, competing well in U17 div 1 and the only team to beat table-toppers Newry Bosco. In u15 they sit top of the league with the Feile banked. At u13s they field two teams with the A's competing well in div 1 and B team are top of division 3.
At U11 they field 4 teams in East Down A, B, C, D.

It's a fantastic story and this will only benefit Down football.

general

Quote from: Truth hurts on June 07, 2022, 12:25:37 PM
Bredagh are flying at football this year, top of division 2, competing well in U17 div 1 and the only team to beat table-toppers Newry Bosco. In u15 they sit top of the league with the Feile banked. At u13s they field two teams with the A's competing well in div 1 and B team are top of division 3.

And so they should be - Bredagh & Carryduff must have the largest pickings and memberships in the country

ck

Quote from: johnnycool on June 07, 2022, 09:35:46 AM
Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on June 07, 2022, 08:59:23 AM
Quote from: Sandstorm on June 06, 2022, 10:19:48 PM
Considering their record it might not be a bad thing.

All their success at senior level has been with outside managers & coaches?
There's been a few club men in the background but not many & not many Kilcoo men have coached  outside their club.

Was Jerome Johnson not with Loughinisland a while back?

Yes and he's currently coaching Ballybay in Monaghan

thebar

Quote from: general on June 07, 2022, 01:54:51 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on June 07, 2022, 12:25:37 PM

And so they should be - Bredagh & Carryduff must have the largest pickings and memberships in the country

Still needs the work put in.

Truth hurts

You definitely need to work hard at it so credit to them in an area that is not so called GAA country.

Truth hurts

With the price of everything rocketing I am urging the county executive to keep the club championship games at £5 per adult until the quarter-finals of the championship. It would ensure massive crowds!

Inflating the price just turns people to Pairc tv

rosskarr

Quote from: Truth hurts on June 08, 2022, 12:47:22 PM
With the price of everything rocketing I am urging the county executive to keep the club championship games at £5 per adult until the quarter-finals of the championship. It would ensure massive crowds!

Inflating the price just turns people to Pairc tv
Have you spoken to your Club delagte to pass that suggestion on or have you been speaking directly
to a Suit?

Johnnysboys

Has James been reinstated for another year?? Heard today he has to reinvigorate his back room team but is back on board for another year at least?

Truth hurts

Quote from: Johnnysboys on June 08, 2022, 03:40:56 PM
Has James been reinstated for another year?? Heard today he has to reinvigorate his back room team but is back on board for another year at least?

Yes I wrote this 2 days ago and this was from a person who is close to the top brass in the county.
Bigger coaches coming.

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: Truth hurts on June 08, 2022, 03:54:01 PM
Quote from: Johnnysboys on June 08, 2022, 03:40:56 PM

Yes I wrote this 2 days ago and this was from a person who is close to the top brass in the county.
Bigger coaches coming.

Bigger names or physically bigger? ;)

Not sure there are many bigger names in coaching than Aidan O'Rourke?

Mourne Red

Only bigger coaches coming in to help James is Eamonn Rooneys finest

wobbller

Quote from: wobbller on May 13, 2022, 10:47:38 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 12, 2022, 10:48:06 PM
Down better going with 30 players who want to play for Down and not disappear to America, Australia or drop if the panel. Derry went through 107 players in less than 10yrs, it was a joke. Down beat Derry in Newry 2yrs ago. Gallagher got rid of maybe 8/10 players I have thought good enough to start / on the panel. Due to either attitude or couldn't commit. Down gonna go the same way. Derry keep Slaughtneil on board to backbone the team, Kilcoo seem to they too good for the county team.
I think we're all up for building for the future but if we look back at the most recent plan prior to this,we know the results of that by our current situation.Who was in charge of implementing that and who is in charge of bringing this latest idea to fruition?The answer to this is critical as to the prospects of this plan succeeding.
Can't get my head around James and Co. staying on.Dressing room has long been lost and will probably not be got back.Just leave and let's have a clean sweep of the whole set-up.

Johnnysboys

Is it not the right thing to do to keep him involved?? Who else is going to take the role or indeed do any better? Take the current u20 setup in with him this year and it's a smooth transition next year for Laverty to take the post.

stiff breeze

Quote from: wobbller on June 08, 2022, 08:11:00 PM
Quote from: wobbller on May 13, 2022, 10:47:38 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 12, 2022, 10:48:06 PM
Down better going with 30 players who want to play for Down and not disappear to America, Australia or drop if the panel. Derry went through 107 players in less than 10yrs, it was a joke. Down beat Derry in Newry 2yrs ago. Gallagher got rid of maybe 8/10 players I have thought good enough to start / on the panel. Due to either attitude or couldn't commit. Down gonna go the same way. Derry keep Slaughtneil on board to backbone the team, Kilcoo seem to they too good for the county team.
I think we're all up for building for the future but if we look back at the most recent plan prior to this,we know the results of that by our current situation.Who was in charge of implementing that and who is in charge of bringing this latest idea to fruition?The answer to this is critical as to the prospects of this plan succeeding.
Can't get my head around James and Co. staying on.Dressing room has long been lost and will probably not be got back.Just leave and let's have a clean sweep of the whole set-up.

Completely agree . A waste of a year if true

Mourne Red

Quote from: Johnnysboys on June 08, 2022, 10:22:32 PM
Is it not the right thing to do to keep him involved?? Who else is going to take the role or indeed do any better? Take the current u20 setup in with him this year and it's a smooth transition next year for Laverty to take the post.

Laverty holding on for the Kilcoo job.. He'll not be Down manager in 2024