Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wobbller

Quote from: wobbller on January 18, 2022, 09:26:11 PM
Quote from: ardtole on January 18, 2022, 09:07:27 PM
If all players were available (inc kilcoo), to Wee James what would the likely team be v Monaghan?

N Kane; N Branagan, R McEvoy, Aaron Branagan; M Rooney, D Branagan, E Branagan; D Ward, Aaron Morgan; C Doherty, J Johnston, S Johnston; C Laverty, R Johnston, P Devlin.

Down v Donegal June 27th June 2021
  R Burns; P Fegan, G McGovern, G Collins; P Laverty, D O'Hagan , D Guinness; C Mooney , R McEvoy; L Kerr , C Doherty, B O'Hagan ; C McCrickard, L Middleton, C Quinn.
Subs: S McConville for McEvoy D Savage for Middleton J Guinness  for Kerr , C McCartan for Fegan , K McKernan for McCrickard .

There'll be a lot of changes for Sat's game from this line out 7 months ago.

Truth hurts

I would imagine the Down team will be announced this morning. We need a bit of PR about the game.

Truth hurts

Good luck to the magpies tomorrow, I really hope they can do it. I am looking forward to a few drinks in Dungicen tomorrow and then heading over to watch the new Down play.
Also, can they stop saying that they are a small club because they are not! It's tiresome, they field at every age level and have fielded 3 adult teams for over 20 years. There are clubs in the county struggling to field one team.

DuffGael

Truth Hurts, I think people mean Kilcoo has a small pick. Its actually a compliment and I for one think what you have done over the last 20 years has been the template for other clubs to follow. Good luck versus the Barrs.
Good luck to Down too, I'm feeling optimistic that we will stay in Div2 and have a decent championship.

Truth hurts

Quote from: DuffGael on January 28, 2022, 12:23:23 PM
Truth Hurts, I think people mean Kilcoo has a small pick. Its actually a compliment and I for one think what you have done over the last 20 years has been the template for other clubs to follow. Good luck versus the Barrs.
Good luck to Down too, I'm feeling optimistic that we will stay in Div2 and have a decent championship.

I think they have a good pick in comparison to a lot of clubs in the county aided by the fact that they have had a strong club for over 100 years and would be part of the traditional old clubs of Down GAA.

mourneman9194

I like the look of that Down team, hopefully they can put in a good performance and get a result. Will be interesting to see how some of the new faces get on.

SHEEDY

Down team to play Derry;

Rory Burns

Peter Fegan
Finn McElroy
Gerard Collins
Ruairi McCormack
Niall McParland
Darren O'Hagan

Anthony Doherty
Odhran Murdock

Caolan Mooney
Liam Kerr
Cormac McCartan
Barry O'Hagan
Tiarnan Rushe
Andtrew Gilmore
nil satis nisi optimum

BigRipper89

Like the look of that Down team. Bookies have them 3 point underdog and Im hoping for a close game and good preformance. Derry will have sight on promotion and think this will set the tone for them.

Best of luck to kilcoo tomorrow also, has to be good for down football to have one of the best club team (if not the best) playing. Be good to see the Kilcoo lads join up with down after their great run.

SamFever

Quote from: SHEEDY on January 28, 2022, 01:30:23 PM
Down team to play Derry;

Rory Burns

Peter Fegan
Finn McElroy
Gerard Collins
Ruairi McCormack
Niall McParland
Darren O'Hagan

Anthony Doherty
Odhran Murdock

Caolan Mooney
Liam Kerr
Cormac McCartan
Barry O'Hagan
Tiarnan Rushe
Andtrew Gilmore
No Pat Havern? Heard he was going well-have you the Subs list?

mourneman9194

Quote from: SamFever on January 28, 2022, 04:01:19 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on January 28, 2022, 01:30:23 PM
Down team to play Derry;

Rory Burns

Peter Fegan
Finn McElroy
Gerard Collins
Ruairi McCormack
Niall McParland
Darren O'Hagan

Anthony Doherty
Odhran Murdock

Caolan Mooney
Liam Kerr
Cormac McCartan
Barry O'Hagan
Tiarnan Rushe
Andtrew Gilmore
No Pat Havern? Heard he was going well-have you the Subs list?

Havern injured his hamstring a few weeks ago I believe, Derry game came too soon for him to be involved but he may be on bench. With Havern fully fit I would have him at 14

Johnnysboys

Can't see this team starting tbh. Don't think Kerr is fully fit for a start - McCartan at wing half forward is an interesting selection!!

thebar

As well as wishing Kilcoo well best of luck to Liatroim Fontenoys Conor McCrickard for tomorrows match, great achievement for that young man hoping he has a good one tomorrow. Stylish footballer I know alot wishing him and the Barr's well  ;D

SHEEDY

Good luck to kilcoo and Down tomorrow, hopefully 2 good games and 2 wins
nil satis nisi optimum

manwithnoplan

First half riddled with soft frees but good entertainment overall

mourneman9194

Madness of an ending. What was Aidan Brannigan thinking. Referee has given some very soft frees throughout, much to finbarrs benefit. Huge extra time ahead.