Computer Help

Started by Armagh Cúchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: illdecide on September 25, 2019, 08:44:20 PM
Guys I have Celtic TV (yearly subscription) but jumped in feet first before reading what they actually show and all their home games are shown live to people outside UK and Ireland. So if you live in Ireland or UK all you get the live audio but not video...The question i'm asking is can you hide/block your IP address so they won't know where you are and then watch the poxy matches which i signed up for?

Signup for vpn. Set you IP to whatever country you want then.

Solo_run

Quote from: armaghniac on September 25, 2019, 08:48:18 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on September 24, 2019, 04:38:35 PM
can anyone tell me if this is worth buying...

https://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=6TP59EA&opt=ABU&sel=NTB&lang=en-GB&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkoqWjNnp5AIVR4XVCh1HugBkEAkYASABEgIWlPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I was considering a Mac book Pro 13" 2019 but for the price it doesn't compare to the Zbook.

Not sure if it is good value, but it is well specced.

Would you pick that over a MacBook Pro 13" 2019?

MoChara

Guys I have Celtic TV (yearly subscription) but jumped in feet first before reading what they actually show and all their home games are shown live to people outside UK and Ireland. So if you live in Ireland or UK all you get the live audio but not video...The question i'm asking is can you hide/block your IP address so they won't know where you are and then watch the poxy matches which i signed up for?

I seen a few boys talking about this with missing the Partick game. last night, apparently the VPN used to do the trick but now you are geolocated using something other than just your IP, possibly bank account details or something not sure there is a way around it except I think some IPTV providers because they aren't based in UK or Ireland provide it.

And can we take a minute to just discuss how shite the service is with Celtic TV

GetOverTheBar

Lads, Windows 7 PC. Running very slow these days. I don't think I've a disk anywhere in the house.

Can I reboot / format / wipe from PC Start up and be ok without disk? I've nothing important on it, kinda the last hope to buy another few years out of it instead of having to buy a new one.

MoChara

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 26, 2019, 10:33:36 AM
Lads, Windows 7 PC. Running very slow these days. I don't think I've a disk anywhere in the house.

Can I reboot / format / wipe from PC Start up and be ok without disk? I've nothing important on it, kinda the last hope to buy another few years out of it instead of having to buy a new one.

A lot of computers will have a built in System Restore function sits outside your machines harddrive, you can normally choose whether you want to factory restore (wipe everythign start from scratch) or do a system Restore (Doesn't wipe personal documents just system files) but depends on whether you have that facility.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: MoChara on September 26, 2019, 11:18:46 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 26, 2019, 10:33:36 AM

A lot of computers will have a built in System Restore function sits outside your machines harddrive, you can normally choose whether you want to factory restore (wipe everythign start from scratch) or do a system Restore (Doesn't wipe personal documents just system files) but depends on whether you have that facility.

Thanks - I'm nearly sure I created a backup disk at the very start somewhere as happens. The system restore sounds like a better option. I'll get a look at it tonight.

Jim Bob

Trying to restore an Ipad  to factory settings with a Mac.

Got to the stage where  the Mac is 'waiting on IPad ' for about 10 minutes   After that I get a notification that the Ioad cannot be restored. Unknown error 4005.

Anyone any ideas about what I could try next?

under the bar

Quote from: MoChara on September 26, 2019, 09:02:59 AM

I seen a few boys talking about this with missing the Partick game. last night, apparently the VPN used to do the trick but now you are geolocated using something other than just your IP, possibly bank account details or something not sure there is a way around it except I think some IPTV providers because they aren't based in UK or Ireland provide it.

And can we take a minute to just discuss how shite the service is with Celtic TV

Get a £50 Firestick iptv account.  All channels including Celtic TV.... which is shite tbh! :/

snoopdog

Hi All, Hoping someone can help me with a PS4 issue. My Young lads PS$ is in a safe mode loop, everything ive followed all the you tube instructions hasnt worked ,  getting the  connect dualshock 4 using USB cable and then press the PS button,   i get 7 options 
1. restart PS4
2. Change Resolution
3. Update system software
4. Restore Default Settings
5. Rebuild Database
6. Initialise PS4
7. Initialise PS$ ( reinstall System Software)
ive tried 1 3 4 and 5 but no success. Im wary of the last 2 as i may lose all the younglads saved stuff. He has recently got the Playstation PLUs but i dont know if he has saved anything to Cloud and neither does he.
Can i check if he has anything saved by logging into the account online??
any advice would be greatly appreciated. I know there are a lot of very intelligent people on here. Thanks in advance.

Tony Baloney

Snoop did you have any luck? Did you try PSN support?

I'll ask the eldest fella when I'm home later. We had a similar issue a few years ago and had no option other than to go nuclear and similar to yourself nobody knew if the cloud backup was in place. Thankfully it was. I think there is an option to backup to an external USB drive if your Safe Mode loop allows you to do it.

snoopdog

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 28, 2019, 04:51:57 PM
Snoop did you have any luck? Did you try PSN support?

I'll ask the eldest fella when I'm home later. We had a similar issue a few years ago and had no option other than to go nuclear and similar to yourself nobody knew if the cloud backup was in place. Thankfully it was. I think there is an option to backup to an external USB drive if your Safe Mode loop allows you to do it.
Thanks Tony. No joy yet. The ps support arent on call.till monday. Any help would be great.

johnnycool

anyone any experience of Satellite Broadband?

BT/Openreach are pure pish, have me on twisted pair to a switch 5 miles away and poor download rates never exceeding 4Meg for over £50 a month.

BigBlu Broadband are offering me 12Mbps for £25 per month over a satellite connection.

Wee lad mightn'd like it for his gaming as the latency will go up.

Any other downsides?

Main Street

Quote from: johnnycool on December 30, 2019, 10:51:29 AM
anyone any experience of Satellite Broadband?

BT/Openreach are pure pish, have me on twisted pair to a switch 5 miles away and poor download rates never exceeding 4Meg for over £50 a month.

BigBlu Broadband are offering me 12Mbps for £25 per month over a satellite connection.

Wee lad mightn'd like it for his gaming as the latency will go up.

Any other downsides?
Are you out of range for 4g broadband using an  external antenna?

That price looks good for sat broadband.

GetOverTheBar

Ok lads, maybe someone alot more informed with technology can help me here.

I have a PC with a DVI-I (Dual Link) output, so it's relatively new.

I've a broken monitor in the middle of this mess so I'm limited in my options, in my wisdom I did not know the output at some point changed so my only other monitor has a VGA input (the wee screws to the side and tighten job). It's a flat screen but it's fairly old I suppose.

My options seem to be...

1) Adapter online like so (https://www.wish.com/product/57960e87ed8da306162f42b9?hide_login_modal=true&from_ad=goog_shopping&_display_country_code=GB&_force_currency_code=GBP&pid=googleadwords_int&c=%7BcampaignId%7D&ad_cid=57960e87ed8da306162f42b9&ad_cc=GB&ad_curr=GBP&ad_price=4.00&campaign_id=8703990225&gclid=Cj0KCQjwmpb0BRCBARIsAG7y4zZI3zg-aogQ1DvdVUr44W91duubfoLwdMTcWEFdLcX8bj52zCKx5VEaAhnEEALw_wcB&share=web)

2) Buy a HDMI cable and simply connect so a TV (I think it's that easy?)

3) Buy a new Monitor online from Curries (assuming all new modern monitors will have the appropriate cable to connect to DVI-D by default ?)

gallsman

It's not safe to assume all new monitors will have a compatible display link cable I don't think so look case as they may have HDMI as well and might only give you that