Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manballandall

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 04, 2012, 09:50:32 AM
Quote from: manballandall on September 04, 2012, 09:15:00 AM
I have one gring from sunday though and before people jump down my throat...i know they are an easy target, i know they do it voluntary and I know its not easy etc etc but the refereeing on sunday was dire. It is so inconsistent and I believe it is this inconsistency that creates a lot of frustration amongst players, managers and supportes a like and this inconsistency in itself creates a lot of problems on the pitch. How can a player gauge what he can get away with if a foul is blew for an offringement but 2 mins later the same ofrfingement is allowed to go on. Its crazy and its something that is rife within out county.

Look manballandall, Owen did a fine job, christ if he were to blow for every infringement we wouldn't have any players on he pitch FFS. If you were to speak to Cushendall men they'll say he give us a few handy frees, speak to a Galls man and he'll say he let Cushendall away with a few things in the game.

Inconsistency is not done on purpose, it could be the angle the referee is seeing it and before you say anything, he can't be at every angle and see everything. The ones giving off about the ref (and I also shouted from the stand at some decisions) on here haven't refereed a game at a proper level so it to me you're are being wee bit harsh.

I've criticised referees before and I'll do it again, no doubt that. But Owen did well enough and he had no major say on who won the game.

So what exactly were you shouting at then ?
Maybe your vision was a bit blurred as you missed a fair bit of the match being at the bar...some supporter.

winker3716

Quote from: manballandall on September 04, 2012, 11:07:25 AM
I have one gring from sunday though and before people jump down my throat...i know they are an easy target, i know they do it voluntary and I know its not easy etc etc but the refereeing on sunday was dire. It is so inconsistent and I believe it is this inconsistency that creates a lot of frustration amongst players, managers and supportes a like and this inconsistency in itself creates a lot of problems on the pitch. How can a player gauge what he can get away with if a foul is blew for an offringement but 2 mins later the same ofrfingement is allowed to go on. Its crazy and its something that is rife within out county.

Look manballandall, Owen did a fine job, christ if he were to blow for every infringement we wouldn't have any players on he pitch FFS. If you were to speak to Cushendall men they'll say he give us a few handy frees, speak to a Galls man and he'll say he let Cushendall away with a few things in the game.

Inconsistency is not done on purpose, it could be the angle the referee is seeing it and before you say anything, he can't be at every angle and see everything. The ones giving off about the ref (and I also shouted from the stand at some decisions) on here haven't refereed a game at a proper level so it to me you're are being wee bit harsh.

I've criticised referees before and I'll do it again, no doubt that. But Owen did well enough and he had no major say on who won the game.

So what exactly were you shouting at then ?
Maybe your vision was a bit blurred as you missed a fair bit of the match being at the bar...some supporter.
Ho, ho, ho, getting personal men/lads, reign it in a little.  ::) :o
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

Jesusjones

Elliott's awarding of the penalty was controversial, 2 men physically contesting a high ball was all I saw. Then he gave Stewart 2 goes at it. The rest of his performance was ok but the penalty award and retake was questionable to say the least. He seems to like giving dubious penalties against Cushendall.

manballandall

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 04, 2012, 10:51:46 AM
Quote from: manballandall on September 04, 2012, 10:28:53 AM
And as always you're right and everyone else was wrong MR2. Wind your neck in.

I never said he influenced the outcome of the game as I dont think he did and I also believe he was as bad for both teams. My gripe is with inconsistency and it has nothing to do with angles or anything else....if he doesnt see it he cant blow it, no problem there but he seen the same foul numerous times yet let it go sometimes. That is what irritates and frustrates players.

Not a blame game or finger pointing exercise but it is fact.

You were sitting beside me so you seen what I saw. You can't say he seen the same foul!! That's silly
Whats silly about it ?
I seen him blow for a push in the back then not blow the same foul a few minutes later. I saw him blow for chopping then not blow for the same foul later ?  ?. Silly, yeah it is just daft and also inconsistent.

the colonel

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 04, 2012, 11:11:31 AM
Elliott's awarding of the penalty was controversial, 2 men physically contesting a high ball was all I saw. Then he gave Stewart 2 goes at it. The rest of his performance was ok but the penalty award and retake was questionable to say the least. He seems to like giving dubious penalties against Cushendall.

While I thought the penalty may have questionable however according to one of our hurl carriers he hadn't blown his whistle for the original strike and his back was turned to the ball.
the difference between success and failure is energy

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manballandall on September 04, 2012, 11:07:25 AM

So what exactly were you shouting at then ? Maybe your vision was a bit blurred as you missed a fair bit of the match being at the bar...some supporter.

My vision is fine, no need to wear glasses like someone I know ::)

Stop gripping about refs FFS

Yes penalty was two lads contesting a ball, penalty given. Was he backing in or was Carson shoving and pushing? As for the re take, Owen wasn't ready or looking at it. Happens all the time, Some refs say, wait for the whistle
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

winker3716

Lets move on men for jasus sake, whingeing and gurning appears to be a common trait throughout St. Galls.  Enough I say!

Referees, teachers + whingers, gurners, it must be a hormone imbalance.  Prescribe them boys some patches jasus sake!  ;D ;)
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

manballandall

So what exactly were you shouting at then MR2?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manballandall on September 04, 2012, 11:43:44 AM
So what exactly were you shouting at then MR2?

At him for not blowing for what I thought was a free from where I was sitting
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manballandall

Was that not very harsh of you MR2 as to quote yourself ..."Owen did a fine job, christ if he were to blow for every infringement we wouldn't have any players on he pitch FFS. It wasnt on purpose, it could be the angle the referee is seeing it and before you say anything, he can't be at every angle and see everything.

Hilarious...nothing like shooting yourself in the foot...

winker3716

Quote from: manballandall on September 04, 2012, 12:15:11 PM
Was that not very harsh of you MR2 as to quote yourself ..."Owen did a fine job, christ if he were to blow for every infringement we wouldn't have any players on he pitch FFS. It wasnt on purpose, it could be the angle the referee is seeing it and before you say anything, he can't be at every angle and see everything.

Difference being Manballandall, he is the patriarch of the Antrim Hurling board, a hero member and all that.  Us lesser mortals always stand corrected!  :o ::)

Milltown Row2

I can still have a view on things and so can Owen if he were watching a game. If my view doesn't sit well with someone then fine. I'm just giving my point. Who's right? Haven't seen too many posters post something here that they thought was wrong, self included.

By me saying he did a fine job doesn't mean that I'll agree with all his calls, it's about what he sees that counts, try it sometime

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 04, 2012, 12:24:37 PM

I can still have a view on things and so can Owen if he were watching a game. If my view doesn't sit well with someone then fine. I'm just giving my point. Who's right? Haven't seen too many posters post something here that they thought was wrong, self included.

By me saying he did a fine job doesn't mean that I'll agree with all his calls, it's about what he sees that counts, try it sometime

Yes, try it sometime!!!!! then see what you think

manballandall

It seems you're right as always MR2 because all i did, like yourself, was post what i thought was right , my opinion, giving my point. My view was that he was inconsistent but silly me for saying such...Its all about the angles...i get it now.I bow to your knowledge.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manballandall on September 04, 2012, 12:40:13 PM

It seems you're right as always MR2 because all i did, like yourself, was post what i thought was right , my opinion, giving my point. My view was that he was inconsistent but silly me for saying such...Its all about the angles...i get it now.I bow to your knowledge.