Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Man

Quote from: Gizzy15 on March 15, 2017, 08:49:50 AM
Quote from: Knocknacarry on March 15, 2017, 06:56:05 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on March 14, 2017, 04:54:28 PM
Quote from: Gizzy15 on March 14, 2017, 04:10:32 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 14, 2017, 03:56:04 PM
Biggest question and joke of all is how are Gort na Mona, St Pauls and Cushendun junior. Farce.

Couldn't agree more, I was harping on about this a few years ago but was just banging my head against a brick wall. Being from what I perceive to be a 'real' Junior club it is more than frustrating watching Team after Team make the voluntary drop in grade to try and get a crack at an All Ireland. I haven't heard how St Pauls Motion went in regards getting promoted back into Intermediate championship??? or did they not appeal that, happy enough to mix it with the weak clubs with an all Ireland at stake but just not for the league.

That is the grey area for me. What if a club who are perceived to be an intermediate club or senior club drop down a championship as players have retired or other reasons, is that wrong? I get what you're saying and agree but clubs have gotten bad press and accusations thrown at them in the past when other clubs didn't know the story within the club at that time.

What is a "real" junior club? I can't speak for GNM or St Pauls,but you can rest assured that Cushendun have not volunteraly made the drop to junior hurling.If anyone had seen us over the past 3/4 years they would know that that is the level we are at.Gone are the days where we held our own in Div 1(15 years) and played senior championship.Due to limited numbers,over the past few years,we have regularly had to call on the boys who played senior hurling 20 years ago to make up a team!

This is my point, why then want into a league that is not the Level you are at but not the same in Championship. If you want on pit yourselves against Sarsfields, Tir Na Og & St Endas or whoever else in the league then why stop there? Why happy enough to play championship against the teams you feel your too good to Share a league with? After all it wouldnt have taken a motion for any of these clubs to move up a grade in championship as you can choose to play up in championship.. All the teams that whinged to be moved up in the league should be moved up a grade in Championship (My opinion) otherwise its a farce.
I think it boils down to this and it is truly shocking we as a county have allowed it to happen. We have taken the principle of MERIT and replaced it with ENTITLEMENT which I believe sets a very dangerous precedent for hurling in this county. This is not something that will sort its self out in a year, the die has been cast. I don't really know what is going on here but what we have seen play out is more akin to "House of Cards" than clubs honestly broker what is right for Antrim hurling.
The DIv 1 & 2 clubs cant just sit back and abstain from the conversation because if we are prepared to sacrifice basic values problems wont be long seeping under their doors.

bogieman

Who voted for the committee ?

Was there a vote for Cushendun and Lamh Dhearg ? I understand Cushendun as a team pulled out, and they were maybe next in line on merit.

On the recent vote, well done the D1 clubs that abstained -1, why not D2 clubs ? For this answer, I don't understand how the voting works.

Hang you head in shame St Pauls, for a league, when you're top, you go up, when you're bottom, you go down – simple, you go both directions on merit.

COMPETITIONS CONTROL COMMITTEE
Eamon Grieve
Alistar McCambridge
Ray Compston
Gregory Walsh
Gerry McClory

DIVISION 1 HURLING
Ballycran
Ruairí Óg
Dunloy
Rossa
Mac Uilin
Naomh Brid
Loughgiel
Ballygalget

DIVISION 2 HURLING
Glenariffe
St John's
Glen Rovers
Cathaoir anRí
Ghaeil Chluanaidh
St.Patrick's
Tír Na nÓg
Naomh Gall

DIVISION 3 HURLING - TBC
Creggan
Naomh Éanna
Lamh Dhearg
Dungannon
Robert Emmets
St Teresa's
Patrick Sarsfields
Bredagh
St Mary's
Gort na Móna 

DIVISION 4 HURLING - TDC
Con Magee's
Loch Mór 
Na Magha
Carryduff
St Pauls
Naomh Colum Cille
Shane Uí Néill

SOUTHANTRIM HURLING - TDC
Ardoyne
Davitts
Lamh Dhearg
O'Donnells
Sarsfields
Sean Treacys
St Agnes
St Endas
St Galls
St Johns
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

Last Man

Quote from: bogieman on March 15, 2017, 09:27:51 AM
Who voted for the committee ?

Was there a vote for Cushendun and Lamh Dhearg ? I understand Cushendun as a team pulled out, and they were maybe next in line on merit.

On the recent vote, well done the D1 clubs that abstained -1, why not D2 clubs ? For this answer, I don't understand how the voting works.

Hang you head in shame St Pauls, for a league, when you're top, you go up, when you're bottom, you go down – simple, you go both directions on merit.

COMPETITIONS CONTROL COMMITTEE
Eamon Grieve
Alistar McCambridge
Ray Compston
Gregory Walsh
Gerry McClory

DIVISION 1 HURLING
Ballycran
Ruairí Óg
Dunloy
Rossa
Mac Uilin
Naomh Brid
Loughgiel
Ballygalget

DIVISION 2 HURLING
Glenariffe
St John's
Glen Rovers
Cathaoir anRí
Ghaeil Chluanaidh
St.Patrick's
Tír Na nÓg
Naomh Gall

DIVISION 3 HURLING - TBC
Creggan
Naomh Éanna
Lamh Dhearg
Dungannon
Robert Emmets
St Teresa's
Patrick Sarsfields
Bredagh
St Mary's
Gort na Móna 

DIVISION 4 HURLING - TDC
Con Magee's
Loch Mór 
Na Magha
Carryduff
St Pauls
Naomh Colum Cille
Shane Uí Néill

SOUTHANTRIM HURLING - TDC
Ardoyne
Davitts
Lamh Dhearg
O'Donnells
Sarsfields
Sean Treacys
St Agnes
St Endas
St Galls
St Johns

When the plan for 8 teams leagues was proposed by Jim Nelsons hurling review the mechanism for Div.3 & 4 was that 2 teams would be relegated from division 3 and 1 promoted from division 4 until we get to 8 teams in division 3 then normal 2 up 2 down resumes. Therefore never mind C'Dun, LDheargs promotion to div.3 is irregular also. For anyone there listening to the division 1 clubs acclaiming the absolute necessity for an 8 team league structure and discounting St.Johns proposal as a result then is that not the standard we aspire to??
I am really shocked at wee J who had he still been chair of the CCC would have laughed these proposals out the door in his own inimitable style, and not even showing any favour to his own club.
What is going on??

Antrim Coaster

Part of Jim Nelson's root and branch review at that time also recommended a Director Of Hurling which was never acted on.I got fed up repeating myself at county meetings regarding this matter as well as putting the point across that hurling is on life support in many parts of the county.I gave up as it was the same sound bites from the same people and walked away when the club collapsed

delgany

CCC ARE APPOINTED (SELECTED ) BY COUNTY EXECUTIVE OFFICERS

CentreHalfBack

As already stated, JE & OW would not have let this happen on their watch.

Surely decisions like these can only be put forward at County Convention and require 2/3's majority.

Now div3/4 players don't know fixtures. These players have family and work commitments.
New season - new reason

Usain

Quote from: CentreHalfBack on March 16, 2017, 12:28:31 PM

Surely decisions like these can only be put forward at County Convention and require 2/3's majority.

Now div3/4 players don't know fixtures. These players have family and work commitments.

Is there anyway that this decision could be overturned at this stage?

Last Man

Quote from: Usain on March 16, 2017, 12:41:13 PM
Quote from: CentreHalfBack on March 16, 2017, 12:28:31 PM

Is there anyway that this decision could be overturned at this stage?
I am sure if you had a real good understanding of the rules and regulations potentially you could, but the kicker is if it goes to a vote there are delegates well versed in vote management that no matter what sense is talked old allegiances, favours etc will always trump it. The committee and FQ should take charge but with Casement etc. no-one really gives a stuff about trivial matters like this.

Antrim Coaster

I see St Enda's have been listed as one of the teams playing in South Antrim.

I would have thought they would have remained in North Antrim where they were seen as an excellent addition to NA and their hurling has come on in leaps and bounds in recent years with a JHC win and a narrow defeat to Cloghmills in last year's IHC Final which was a great game to hurling for the neutral to watch.

Last Man

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on March 16, 2017, 02:01:45 PM
I see St Enda's have been listed as one of the teams playing in South Antrim.

I would have thought they would have remained in North Antrim where they were seen as an excellent addition to NA and their hurling has come on in leaps and bounds in recent years with a JHC win and a narrow defeat to Cloghmills in last year's IHC Final which was a great game to hurling for the neutral to watch.

Our reserves are playing in both NA and SA, a big commitment but we want to make sure anyone who wants to hurl gets their chance plus it keeps the heat under the senior first 15.

Antrim Coaster

Endas must have good numbers to field in the Z Squad and South Antrim leagues.

I think those games are played on Tuesday evenings.

Big commitment but benefits outweigh the negatives

paddyjohn

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on March 16, 2017, 02:38:24 PM
Endas must have good numbers to field in the Z Squad and South Antrim leagues.

I think those games are played on Tuesday evenings.

Big commitment but benefits outweigh the negatives

Is it that not having the best of both worlds? I seem to remember St Endas complaining about South Antrim and lack of underage games etc so thats why they went to SW Antrim & N Antrim.

Last Man

at the moment we have the numbers and the guys looking after the reserves are keen to get them games. We are happy to go where-ever to get them.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Last Man on March 16, 2017, 05:33:38 PM
at the moment we have the numbers and the guys looking after the reserves are keen to get them games. We are happy to go where-ever to get them.

Sure you could go to Down aswell then.

Last Man

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 16, 2017, 06:08:41 PM
Quote from: Last Man on March 16, 2017, 05:33:38 PM

Sure you could go to Down aswell then.
Aye, and whats your point?