Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentreHalfBack

Posted on the 4th July
http://antrim.gaa.ie/news/league-structures

Hurling Leagues

Div1-14 Games home and away, top team wins league, top 4 Antrim teams seeded for 2017 Championship, bottom 2 Relegated

Div1Res- 10 Games home and away, top team wins league

Div2-14 Games home and away, top team wins league, top 2 teams promoted bottom 2 relegated

Div 3-18 Games home and away league top team wins league, top 2 teams promoted bottom 2 teams relegated

Div 4- 10 Games league split into 2 ,Top 5 play off for Div 4 league winners being promoted and bottom 1 relegated. Bottom 6 play off div 5 title with 1 promoted

Points carry through from first 10 games.

Minor 1+2 11 + 9 games respectively, One way league, top team wins league

U-16 1+2 - 10 games respectively One way league, top team wins league

What's the point in having structures if every year things change to suit certain clubs who have a bad year?
We cry out for competitive leagues with purpose, then shit like this happens. Now we have meaningless matches and now a meaningless league for at least 10 clubs.
Clubs need to wake up and accept what league they are in through merit.
New season - new reason

CentreHalfBack

If structures had of been followed, this is how div 4 would have looked. Who's going to tell me this wouldn't have been a competitive league with 16 games?

Con Magees, Glenravel
Loch Mór Dál gCais GAC
Na Magha
Carryduff
Naomh Pól CLG /St Pauls GAC
Naomh Colum Cille
Shane Uí Néill
Cushendun
Lamh Dhearg

Now CCC are asking clubs do they want to be in this Div3/4 league after last nights decisions. Only in Antrim ::)
New season - new reason

Usain

I want clarity now on what determines promotion from this division 3 league?? Don't want this turning into another fiasco at the end of the season when they try to move the goalposts. Is it winner goes up or top two go up??

btdtgtt

Is anyone able to post each league - and the teams in it.

I think we should pass a motion that leagues will be decided fresh every year - after all that's the only motion that we'd actually stick to.
The tampering with leagues has long been farcical (from teams all over the county) and this time under the cloak of improving Belfast hurling is no different.
Shouldn't even need to say it - but teams are promoted/relegated for a reason.

We'll be here again next year however - leagues changed to suit someone with some motivation.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Biggest question and joke of all is how are Gort na Mona, St Pauls and Cushendun junior. Farce.

Gizzy15

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 14, 2017, 03:56:04 PM
Biggest question and joke of all is how are Gort na Mona, St Pauls and Cushendun junior. Farce.

Couldn't agree more, I was harping on about this a few years ago but was just banging my head against a brick wall. Being from what I perceive to be a 'real' Junior club it is more than frustrating watching Team after Team make the voluntary drop in grade to try and get a crack at an All Ireland. I haven't heard how St Pauls Motion went in regards getting promoted back into Intermediate championship??? or did they not appeal that, happy enough to mix it with the weak clubs with an all Ireland at stake but just not for the league.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Gizzy15 on March 14, 2017, 04:10:32 PM

Couldn't agree more, I was harping on about this a few years ago but was just banging my head against a brick wall. Being from what I perceive to be a 'real' Junior club it is more than frustrating watching Team after Team make the voluntary drop in grade to try and get a crack at an All Ireland. I haven't heard how St Pauls Motion went in regards getting promoted back into Intermediate championship??? or did they not appeal that, happy enough to mix it with the weak clubs with an all Ireland at stake but just not for the league.

That is the grey area for me. What if a club who are perceived to be an intermediate club or senior club drop down a championship as players have retired or other reasons, is that wrong? I get what you're saying and agree but clubs have gotten bad press and accusations thrown at them in the past when other clubs didn't know the story within the club at that time. 

themac_23

Quote from: CentreHalfBack on March 14, 2017, 10:12:25 AM
If structures had of been followed, this is how div 4 would have looked. Who's going to tell me this wouldn't have been a competitive league with 16 games?

Con Magees, Glenravel
Loch Mór Dál gCais GAC
Na Magha
Carryduff
Naomh Colum Cille
Shane Uí Néill
Cushendun
Lamh Dhearg

Now CCC are asking clubs do they want to be in this Div3/4 league after last nights decisions. Only in Antrim ::)
Are you kidding me? thats what the league would have been? that would have been a great league, maybe Loch Mor would find it tough but all them other teams look at a similar level, St Pauls should be ashamed.

Last Man

Quote from: themac_23 on March 14, 2017, 08:50:34 PM
Quote from: CentreHalfBack on March 14, 2017, 10:12:25 AM

Con Magees, Glenravel
Loch Mór Dál gCais GAC
Na Magha
Carryduff
Naomh Colum Cille
Shane Uí Néill
Cushendun
Lamh Dhearg

Are you kidding me? thats what the league would have been? that would have been a great league, maybe Loch Mor would find it tough but all them other teams look at a similar level, St Pauls should be ashamed.
Well you got any opinions Knocknacarry or are you just snooping? You think yous deserve to be where you are? Ould Sean's bleating is very effective by the looks of it.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 14, 2017, 04:54:28 PM

That is the grey area for me. What if a club who are perceived to be an intermediate club or senior club drop down a championship as players have retired or other reasons, is that wrong? I get what you're saying and agree but clubs have gotten bad press and accusations thrown at them in the past when other clubs didn't know the story within the club at that time.

It's all about winning Ulsters. Full stop. donegal and other counties at it too

Knocknacarry

What is a "real" junior club? I can't speak for GNM or St Pauls,but you can rest assured that Cushendun have not volunteraly made the drop to junior hurling.If anyone had seen us over the past 3/4 years they would know that that is the level we are at.Gone are the days where we held our own in Div 1(15 years) and played senior championship.Due to limited numbers,over the past few years,we have regularly had to call on the boys who played senior hurling 20 years ago to make up a team!

Last Man

Quote from: Knocknacarry on March 15, 2017, 06:56:05 AM

What is a "real" junior club? I can't speak for GNM or St Pauls,but you can rest assured that Cushendun have not volunteraly made the drop to junior hurling.If anyone had seen us over the past 3/4 years they would know that that is the level we are at.Gone are the days where we held our own in Div 1(15 years) and played senior championship.Due to limited numbers,over the past few years,we have regularly had to call on the boys who played senior hurling 20 years ago to make up a team!
No arguments C'Dun are currently a junior club, they couldnt get past a team from the division below who couldnt win their own league. St.Pauls again currently a junior club and are in search of the feel good factor that will turn the tide for them. GNM maybe not so much, they have dipped but jumped to junior too soon imo and could be viewed as opportunistic. I dont think it will be as easy as they think though.
So having established the levels and taking GNM out, how do 2 clubs that were relegated from division 3 last year plus another that couldnt win division 4 think that they should be playing division 3 teams without having earned the right to do so. The prize won on the floor of the county committee room. Maybe you should put your efforts into achieving honest results on grass rather than political horse trading on the carpet.

Usain

Quote from: Last Man on March 15, 2017, 07:33:11 AM

No arguments C'Dun are currently a junior club, they couldnt get past a team from the division below who couldnt win their own league. St.Pauls again currently a junior club and are in search of the feel good factor that will turn the tide for them. GNM maybe not so much, they have dipped but jumped to junior too soon imo and could be viewed as opportunistic. I dont think it will be as easy as they think though.
So having established the levels and taking GNM out, how do 2 clubs that were relegated from division 3 last year plus another that couldnt win division 4 think that they should be playing division 3 teams without having earned the right to do so. The prize won on the floor of the county committee room. Maybe you should put your efforts into achieving honest results on grass rather than political horse trading on the carpet.

Here here.

Cushendun and St Pauls should be ashamed for what they requested regarding leagues. They got relegated last year because they weren't good enough, hard lines. Stop your crying and get back to the pitch and try to improve.

Gorts have also let themselves down, looks like they are jumping down a chsip far too soon.

Gizzy15

This is my point, why then want into a league that is not the Level you are at but not the same in Championship. If you want on pit yourselves against Sarsfields, Tir Na Og & St Endas or whoever else in the league then why stop there? Why happy enough to play championship against the teams you feel your too good to Share a league with? After all it wouldnt have taken a motion for any of these clubs to move up a grade in championship as you can choose to play up in championship.. All the teams that whinged to be moved up in the league should be moved up a grade in Championship (My opinion) otherwise its a farce.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Usain on March 15, 2017, 08:18:53 AM
Quote from: Last Man on March 15, 2017, 07:33:11 AM

Here here.

Cushendun and St Pauls should be ashamed for what they requested regarding leagues. They got relegated last year because they weren't good enough, hard lines. Stop your crying and get back to the pitch and try to improve.

Gorts have also let themselves down, looks like they are jumping down a chsip far too soon.

+1 with usain & gizzy on this one.
Not sure who could actually agree with it.
Yet here we are - Antrim all over.