After watching the Ballinderry V Lavey game ....

Started by ExcellentDriver, June 28, 2011, 12:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExcellentDriver

I'll never criticise another Tyrone Referee again.... EVER!!!!

Some of the tackles (particularly from Lavey) were more akin to WWE than Gaelic Football. The Penalty the Shamrocks won was the Gaelic equivalent of a 'Penalty Try', with Aaron Dook practically felled.

I wonder what it takes to win a free in Derry?  ::)
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

isourboydownyet

Quote from: ExcellentDriver on June 28, 2011, 12:46:09 PM

Some of the tackles (particularly from Lavey) were more akin to WWE than Gaelic Football. The Penalty the Shamrocks won was the Gaelic equivalent of a 'Penalty Try', with Aaron Dook practically felled.

if you tyrone folk would just stick to the criticism of refs the world would be a better place!!

noskill

Des Loughery is one of our top referees, and is one of  Irelands top soccer referees. I would guess he was advised to let it go, as much as possible, as it was billed at the game of the round.I would say J.J Ceary had the best performance of the weekend covering the Glenullin v Coleraine game.He did Lavey v Ballinderry last year and did a class job.Be careful Des in a superhero board member.

sheamy

You're some craic coming from the county that gave the world Martin Sludden and redefined the meaning of ladies knock-out football.

isourboydownyet

Quote from: sheamy on June 28, 2011, 01:31:41 PM

You're some craic coming from the county that gave the world Martin Sludden and redefined the meaning of ladies knock-out football.

the irony is laughable even Alanis Morissette would struggle to put it into words!

ExcellentDriver

Quote from: sheamy on June 28, 2011, 01:31:41 PM

Thank God I'm from the Loughshore rather than the 'Wild Wild West'. :)

ExcellentDriver

'One of Ireland's to Soccer Referees'

Don't the Irish League fans berate Referees too? ::)

Anyways, top class performance by the Shamrocks. Collie Dook galvanised the Forward line when he came on in the Second Half. But the stand out player was definitely Deets, who ran the show with a peerless display at Full Forward.

Sucky is a prodigy. If he keeps a level head he'll become an All-Time Great. Greatest prospect Derry has had since Tohill.

lynchbhoy

refs get grief no matter what they do.

they could whistle for every little thing as per letter of the law and as preferred by Refs board
or
they could apply the common sense approach and allow the soft stuff to go on unchecked.

either way there will be people moaning about they should be doing it the other way.
Refs - a bit like kildare and the manus- cant win

Without them we wouldnt have games.

fer fox ache

Ref had a decent game on Sunday night.
If he'd wanted to he could have got all Christy Cooney on it blown 50 frees and booked about 20-odd players in the first half when it was hot and heavy.
Got the major calls right, the penalty, letting Crook go on to score second Ballinderry goal etc, didn't see the sending off incident but he was acting on advice of his umpires for that one anyway.

ExcellentDriver

Quote from: fer fox ache on July 01, 2011, 11:12:57 AM
Ref had a decent game on Sunday night.
If he'd wanted to he could have got all Christy Cooney on it blown 50 frees and booked about 20-odd players in the first half when it was hot and heavy.
Got the major calls right, the penalty, letting Crook go on to score second Ballinderry goal etc, didn't see the sending off incident but he was acting on advice of his umpires for that one anyway.

At least Championship games have Neutral Umpires. :)

sameoldstorey

difficult to understand gaa mentallity.
if a referee in one of the foreign sports makes the slightest mistake people talk about it for weeks but they expect their own referees to ignore  some of the fouls. I like to know who makes the decision of wat fouls to let go or wat fouls to blow or does  each referee to make up his own personal rules.
guess the rule book is just a waste of time.
consisstancy will never be achieved if that is the attitude of everyone.

Mickz30

[/quote]
Des Loughery is one of our top referees, and is one of  Irelands top soccer referees. I would guess he was advised to let it go, as much as possible, as it was billed at the game of the round.I would say J.J Ceary had the best performance of the weekend covering the Glenullin v Coleraine game.He did Lavey v Ballinderry last year and did a class job.Be careful Des in a superhero board member.
[/quote]

Balls........................................