The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

With a hairs breadth between 2nd and 5th anything is possible. Chelsea must have a eye on the prize at this stage.

brokencrossbar1

Mignolet is second for season clean sheets behind forester in Southampton, ahead of Courtois, de gea and Harte. He has definitely played a huge part in the current run. Who'd have thought that would be the case. Shit or bust at the weekend.

deiseach

Quote from: Boycey on March 16, 2015, 10:49:46 PM
Are we really going to be treated to a week of you lot downplaying Liverpools chances on Sunday and of finishing top 4....

Title winning form, that's what Liverpool are in

Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

J70

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 16, 2015, 10:58:29 PM
Mignolet is second for season clean sheets behind forester in Southampton, ahead of Courtois, de gea and Harte. He has definitely played a huge part in the current run. Who'd have thought that would be the case. Shit or bust at the weekend.

Biggest requirement for the weekend is to avoid defeat. Given the respective run-ins, Liverpool should be able to make up the gap. United, uninspiring as they have generally been, have still been getting results and are going into the game off an excellent performance.

moysider

A draw v United would not be bad I agree.
Anybody else think that City are beginning to sway a bit?

stiffler

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2015, 11:14:19 AM
Might have a wager on Pool tonight their form is league winning form... Decent price to.. Reading Pool double

Good shout, quids in.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

supersub

Bad performance first half which improved in the second half but when you can keep clean sheets then you always have a chance of winning the game. Clean sheet and a lucky goal equals 3 points. A few months back that lucky goal may have just been a consolation. Need to look at the big picture, vastly improved at the back allowing for a dip in performance now and again. Excellent work. As for Utd Sunday, 3 points would be nice, 1 point would be ok-ish, loss would be poor for momentum more than anything. Certainly isn't make or break given the run of games 2nd-5th have over be next while.

Armamike

Credit to the team and Rodgers in particular for the way they've turned things around the past few months. It took Rodgers probably a bit too long this season imo to work out the best system for the players he had but he got there. Last night was impressive i thought because even though they were outsmarted tactically in the first half and outplayed they dug in and worked out a way to win that game. The change around at half time was very good. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

Boycey

Quote from: deiseach on March 16, 2015, 10:59:42 PM
Are we really going to be treated to a week of you lot downplaying Liverpools chances on Sunday and of finishing top 4....

Judging by comments on the Utd thread there is not one on here that thinks they're any good. Betfair has both teams roughly even for top 4 with Pool warm favourites for Sunday's match but you will play the plucky underdog all week, strange.

deiseach

Quote from: Boycey on March 17, 2015, 01:08:45 PM
Quote from: deiseach on March 16, 2015, 10:59:42 PM

Judging by comments on the Utd thread there is not one on here that thinks they're any good. Betfair has both teams roughly even for top 4 with Pool warm favourites for Sunday's match but you will play the plucky underdog all week, strange.

Nothing strange about it, and you know there is nothing strange about it. But you carry on pretending you think there is something strange about it.

ludermor

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31928476
No comments here on the Hillsborough inquest, is there any new info coming out or has it all been in the public domain previously?

deiseach

David Duckenfield admitting that he called for dogs before he announced a major incident which would have led to ambulances and the fire brigade being called to the scene, and there being no record of him actually announcing a major incident . . . that was certainly new :(

AZOffaly

I haven't been commenting on this inquiry for fear of sparking the usual suspect(s) but some of what I've read is horrendous. I actually feel a bit sorry for Duckenfield now, but his testimony is hard to read.

heganboy

I know this is a topic I have mentioned before, but with the story going that Yaya Toure is leaving City this summer for about 20M and Inter being interested, should Liverpool not have a run at him. Not sure City will sell to another English club, but he'd be a decent fit...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

AZOffaly

Too old I'd say. He's taken a step back this season as well, maybe because of his brother's tragedy, but looks more like he's getting worn down.