The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Man u had a dream performance but shockingly bad from Liverpool.  Rodgers had a nightmare, along with Moreno, Sterling, Sturridge (apart from the goal) and Allen.  Why stick with Sterling in that role the whole game and not push him up, even alongside Sturridge? Only Coutinho can hold his head up after that. Gerard's insanity was probably a reaction to watching that first 45 minutes.   

Hard to know where their heads will be after this.  If they can refocus, there's no reason why ground can't be made up, but Arsenal is now a must win game.  Another defeat coupled with a Man u win is curtains. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

Over the Bar

If it wasn't bad enough for Rodgers watching his team bring totally outclassed by United at Anfield,  he'll now be sitting at home realising Pele watched the entire debacle ;)

Carmen Stateside

Could you imagine if it was Mario that had done the same thing as Stevie G.  Although he did try i think!

beer baron

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on March 23, 2015, 12:18:29 AM
Could you imagine if it was Mario that had done the same thing as Stevie G.  Although he did try i think!

If it was anyone else At all I'd say itd be getting a lot worse response, Liverpool fans of course have a soft spot for Gerrard so while the majority of fans know he was idiot they're not totally going to town on him. Was the same with Keane for Utd,no matter how many times he did something totally bonkers i still let him away with it because of all he did for us, mind you both were very different types of player and if Keane continued on with Utd until he got as far below his best as Gerrard has then i cant be certain i would've been as forgiving.

deiseach

I always wonder with politicians what "I take full responsibility" means. Saying the words seems to be the extent to which it matters.

nrico2006

Quote from: laoislad on March 22, 2015, 03:39:04 PM
Good honest interview from Stevie G.
You don't see that too often from players.

Bad tackle from Herrera also though.

Herrera barely touched him. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

annapr

Madness from Gerrard but he knows that himself.
Can never understand the hate from fans of other clubs towards him.
I've always thought he was a fantastic player and seems like a decent sort outside of football unlike some other players.

Despite the form table I could see that coming yesterday.
Not a Liverpool fan but I saw them against Blackburn and Swansea in past few weeks and I thought they were terrible.
Gonna be a huge task for them now.

Mikhailov

Unfortunately I have to disagree with you here LL despite the fact you are also a 'pool diehard...I am finding it hard to find sympathy for Stevie G this morning and that is after a stellar career in the red keeping us afloat when the whole thing was sinking around us.

The interview was all about Stevie G - he doesn't care about anyone else anymore...it was the very least he could have done. The rest of the lads are in the changing room and he is out giving interviews pleading or support for messing up our season...

In saying that the tackle wasn't as bad as some I have seen this season including Phil Jones yesterday who arrived so late on Henderson it was unbelievable...

Also not a word on 2 things mentioned in media last night or today;

- handball by DiMaria, that is red or minimum yellow but he got nothing
- Rooney's leg swipe on Mignolet near the end. the keeper is jumping to collect a ball and rooney kicks his ankles, nowhere near the ball and no hope of getting the ball but again brushed away by the referee.

beer baron

Quote from: Mikhailov on March 23, 2015, 08:36:04 AM

Unfortunately I have to disagree with you here LL despite the fact you are also a 'pool diehard...I am finding it hard to find sympathy for Stevie G this morning and that is after a stellar career in the red keeping us afloat when the whole thing was sinking around us.

The interview was all about Stevie G - he doesn't care about anyone else anymore...it was the very least he could have done. The rest of the lads are in the changing room and he is out giving interviews pleading or support for messing up our season...

In saying that the tackle wasn't as bad as some I have seen this season including Phil Jones yesterday who arrived so late on Henderson it was unbelievable...

- Rooney's leg swipe on Mignolet near the end. the keeper is jumping to collect a ball and rooney kicks his ankles, nowhere near the ball and no hope of getting the ball but again brushed away by the referee.

Are you sure you're not a Liverpool die hard yourself?

DuffleKing

I think you're referring to the offence of 'deliberate handball' which is entirely different notion to what you saw with Di Maria.

Generally, I think even referees have lost sight of what a deliberate handball offence is, particularly around the penalty area. Unless it's cognitive and arms moving toward the ball it can't be deliberate,  especially when a ball is driven at a defender from 5 yards... Arms have rights too.

Mikhailov

Quote from: beer baron on March 23, 2015, 08:39:39 AM

Are you sure you're not a Liverpool die hard yourself?

Can you not read correctly - I did state that I am also a Liverpool diehard !! - please read again....

beer baron

Quote from: annapr on March 23, 2015, 08:23:25 AM
Madness from Gerrard but he knows that himself.
Can never understand the hate from fans of other clubs towards him.
I've always thought he was a fantastic player and seems like a decent sort outside of football unlike some other players.

Despite the form table I could see that coming yesterday.
Not a Liverpool fan but I saw them against Blackburn and Swansea in past few weeks and I thought they were terrible.
Gonna be a huge task for them now.

I used to not mind Gerrard infact i quite liked him years ago as i thought he was a very good player but friends of mine gave him so much more praise than Alonso that i started getting a bit fed up. Then in my opinion 4 or 5 years back he regressed quite a bit yet it seemed the media were afraid of saying so and last year when he played good but in my opinion probably wasnt even in Liverpool's top 3 or 4 players i think he came 2nd in the player if the year  :o He also in my opinion shouldve got plenty more red cards than he did but i suppose similar could be said of scholes. As ludicrous as it sounds at that level i think the refs are biased towards the English internationals.

beer baron

My apologies. I read it as ll was a diehard as well as a previous poster but you were now going to give your own unbiased opinion. Monday mornings eh  ;D

Mikhailov

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 23, 2015, 08:42:46 AM
I think you're referring to the offence of 'deliberate handball' which is entirely different notion to what you saw with Di Maria.

Generally, I think even referees have lost sight of what a deliberate handball offence is, particularly around the penalty area. Unless it's cognitive and arms moving toward the ball it can't be deliberate,  especially when a ball is driven at a defender from 5 yards... Arms have rights too.

I am referring to the offence 'deliberate handball' which is exactly what DiMaria done....he caught the ball in mid flight as it was heading out of play but was still 5 yards inside the sideline....are you trying to say that his arms are in the position all the time and the ball just happened to land there :-\. the reality is that if done that in the penalty box then it is a straight red so why not a straight red when it happened elsewhere on the pitch....

nrico2006

- Not a word on the fact that Rooney possibly should have had a penalty as he was shoved to the ground by Skrtel in the action that ended up with him colliding with Mignolet.
- No mention of Ballotelli not receiving a deserved second yellow when he tried to cowardly swing Smalling over the advertising boards.
- No mention of the referee not giving United another penalty for Mignolet pushing Herrera in the back.
- Very little mention of Skrtels stamp.

As for Di Maria's handball, that was a genuine mistake where the referee used common sense and at worst a yellow card would have been given.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'